Air-da-ree v Kyoo Pee

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

According to the Airdrie website the attendance is restricted to 500 home fans and previously bought tickets remain valid. What about  my 2 tickets as a QP supporter?

If you email enquiries@airdriefc.com they will be best placed to advice you. 

You’ve played at Airdrie often enough that you might get in as a home supporter anyway 😛

Onto the game itself, we really have to win our games in hand and start beating the rest of the top 4 if we want to put some pressure on top spot again. Play like we did middle to front on Sunday again and I reckon we could and would beat any team in this league. The defence still concerns me however. As good as we were against Alloa and as much as we could have scored 5 or 6, you still felt that had Alloa been sharper we could have thrown it away. 

Quitongo will presumably not play so Queen’s may get some joy against a whole-hearted but inexperienced (and right-footed) Scott McGill. Will Luke Lyons feature? Having a proper centre-half would help deal with the plethora of crosses that will no doubt be launched into our box at least. Not to mention it will get McCabe back into the middle of the park where he and the rest of the team function best. 

Will go for an optimistic 3-2 Airdrie. All 5 goals either being penalties or defensive howlers. 

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Is there a test at the gate to distinguish? Webbed fingers, name of lodge etc.

A search of the pockets to see whether or not you have a bottle of Buckfast or a Werther’s Original in your pocket should suffice. 

Looking forward to this, but have to fancy we will need to be much more clinical with our chances as we are liable to get fewer than we did versus Alloa. 

Expecting a much tighter affair. Really not sure what to expect from QP. Rested or rusty? Battering Falkirk and drawing in Montrose, or losing to Peterhead and drawing with East Fife? 

A win would be huge for us. 

21 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Onto the game itself, we really have to win our games in hand and start beating the rest of the top 4 if we want to put some pressure on top spot again. Play like we did middle to front on Sunday again and I reckon we could and would beat any team in this league. The defence still concerns me however. As good as we were against Alloa and as much as we could have scored 5 or 6, you still felt that had Alloa been sharper we could have thrown it away. 

Quitongo will presumably not play so Queen’s may get some joy against a whole-hearted but inexperienced (and right-footed) Scott McGill. Will Luke Lyons feature? Having a proper centre-half would help deal with the plethora of crosses that will no doubt be launched into our box at least. Not to mention it will get McCabe back into the middle of the park where he and the rest of the team function best. 

Will go for an optimistic 3-2 Airdrie. All 5 goals either being penalties or defensive howlers. 

Like it or not, McCabe has done well at the back, reads the game well and is pivotal in us playing it out from the back on the deck and not going for long punts. Having said that, his long balls ain't too bad either as Gall will testify to following his goal on Sunday. 

The question is, does moving McCabe to midfield strengthen our midfield more than it weakens our defence? For me, the answer is no. 

I'm not sure what to expect from QP either. We ebbed and flowed up at Montrose, with some moments of great attacking football interspersed with some poor stuff.

Hopefully we have at least one forward fit.

I can't see us catching Cove now but we need to get back to winning ways just in case they collapse Falkirk-style.

1 hour ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Like it or not, McCabe has done well at the back, reads the game well and is pivotal in us playing it out from the back on the deck and not going for long punts. Having said that, his long balls ain't too bad either as Gall will testify to following his goal on Sunday. 

The question is, does moving McCabe to midfield strengthen our midfield more than it weakens our defence? For me, the answer is no. 

McCabe has the quality and experience to play anywhere on the park imo. The only vulnerability I feel is the lack of height at the back. Alloa exposed us a couple of times from set pieces, max currie isn’t the most commanding in the box either.

Like I’ve mentioned before I don’t know why we don’t try Agnew at LB good left foot, good tackler and will get good crosses into the box. Would free up a space in midfield for McCabe. 

As for the game tonight I’d imagine like the previous encounters with QP it will be tight and they play good stuff. 

It’s about time we “win” a big game though.

Edited by Diamond10

Tonight should be a cracker, I expect the same lineup as Sundays game, unless injuries and from there no idea who we have on the bench that will be close to whoever is out. This is our biggest game of the season, if we lose I want Murray and his yes men out before end of the year. That is how big this game is for us, I hope we win but if not then there are plenty coaches out there who would walk over the proverbial broken glass for the Airdrie job.  

2 hours ago, Diamond10 said:

McCabe has the quality and experience to play anywhere on the park imo. The only vulnerability I feel is the lack of height at the back. Alloa exposed us a couple of times from set pieces, max currie isn’t the most commanding in the box either.

Like I’ve mentioned before I don’t know why we don’t try Agnew at LB good left foot, good tackler and will get good crosses into the box. Would free up a space in midfield for McCabe. 

As for the game tonight I’d imagine like the previous encounters with QP it will be tight and they play good stuff. 

It’s about time we “win” a big game though.

Sure I've replied to a similar query before. Just because he has a left foot doesn't mean he'd be decent there. In my opinion he just doesn't have the legs for it. He'd not be able to get up and down the park and also lacks pace. He's playing his best position right now, breaking up play, moving the ball on quickly etc. Wouldn't move him tbh. 

Stream ticket purchased for tonight.  As a neutral should be fascinating to watch especially given the quality in midfield both teams have at their disposal. Hoping for an open, entertaining game.

Any sign of Baynham and Jai Quitongo returning? Presume it will be Murray up top with Longridge and Connor Smith supporting again?