Greenock Morton v Billy Dodds is a Gimp

10 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I was there. 8)

The scoreline seems to have masked the fact that Carson, Deas and Allardice were superb.  Allardice is probably our most important player now - reminds me a lot of Greg Tansey (in his second spell) the way he sprays the ball about.  McAlear has shown glimpses of being a good player but even putting his goal aside, he and Allardice dominated in central midfield.  We could and probably should have scored more.  Walsh and Doran both had shots straight at the keeper and Duku just needed more of a toe on his slide to make it seven.  Think he really really needs a goal - if he gets one soon he might be able to pick up form, but it seems to be coming more and more difficult for him.

By the way, what formation were Morton playing?  I read it as a proper 4-2-4 and unsurprisingly they were completely bodied in midfield.  I always thought Gary Oliver was a striker/number 10 but he seemed to be playing as more of an inside forward in the front four.

That was six was and could've easily been eight and that was without Roddy MacGregor and Sean Welsh.  I'm feeling a lot more hopeful now.

Yeah even going by the brief highlights the Morton midfield did seem to be fairly wide.  Was that them trying to pin Carson and Deas back?  Best of luck trying to pin Carson back.  He bodies every left winger and left back in this league.  It was either complete tactical suicide from Anderson, or a lack of knowledge of our players.  Probably both.

On 09/12/2021 at 18:54, virginton said:

We roll straight on from the Inverness manager's flailing tantrum from Tuesday evening to a league rematch. 

But just when we thought that conceding a goal to Robbie Muirhead was the greatest embarrassment that Inverness would suffer this week, we get this:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8131411/caley-thistle-boycott-morton-cappielow-facilities/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1639071136

Time to take these utterly ludicrous posturers at their word then and just award the automatic 3-0 home win in advance. 

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Spoiler

FANNY!