Banning smoking forever

ICTChris

Lunardi's newsagents in Elgin high street was the place for your tabs., They had a magnificent selection (see Senior Service post earlier), multiple menthol tab varieties, liquorice tabs, rainbow tabs etc.  Was always queued out the door at school lunchtimes. 10p single tabs from a selection of Regal, Bennys and Mores (for the ladies).

He always kept a massive stash of Camels which were the sole purchase of Gordonstoun birds (wid obvs).

36 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Lunardi's newsagents in Elgin high street was the place for your tabs., They had a magnificent selection (see Senior Service post earlier), multiple menthol tab varieties, liquorice tabs, rainbow tabs etc.  Was always queued out the door at school lunchtimes. 10p single tabs from a selection of Regal, Bennys and Mores (for the ladies).

He always kept a massive stash of Camels which were the sole purchase of Gordonstoun birds (wid obvs).

Image result for More Cigarette Brand. Size: 170 x 170. Source: the-more-cigarettes.blogspot.com These boys? I remember them (although I thought it was a brown packet, so I obviously don't remember them that well).

47 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Berts ice cream van that parked outside the school at lunchtime was where I got mine from 

Single tab please bert with a match and a can of red kola too cheers 

Edited by Binos

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Thats the ones.  Think there was a green packet as well (probably menthol).

There was a green packet. I worked in a newsagent when I was in school and there were dozens of variants of cigarettes. I think there are much fewer now. 

2 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Found these in an abandoned building a few months ago. Well before my time, did anyone here smoke them?

2C2B58C8-0E67-47F5-BAA2-7A06B3DFAAD4.jpeg

I found this in an obscure inner part of a cave a few years back:

image.png.ea7a16159cbe1348ca879ce5d3f423f0.png

I (and the guide who had worked there for >20 years) thought I'd found a new part to the cave following a nasty 10m-long squeeze along a narrow tube that was accessed at the top of a rather dodgy 20m-high vertical aven that I had to free-climb.  However, somebody had clearly had a smoke in the tiny 'turning chamber' several decades before I arrived on the scene (no way that it would have been washed in without disintegrating).  <_<

Edited by Hedgecutter

27 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I (and the guide who had worked there for >20 years) thought I'd found a new part to the cave following a nasty 10m-long squeeze along a narrow tube that was accessed at the top of a rather dodgy 20m-high vertical aven that I had to free-climb.  However, somebody had clearly had a smoke in the tiny 'turning chamber' several decades before I arrived on the scene (no way that it would have been washed in without disintegrating).  <_<

Shut up! That's making me ill thinking about it.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

47 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I'm with the Sarge, that makes me claustrophobic just reading it.

The weirdest effect of this if that at some point in the future there's going to be a bunch of 52 year olds outside a shop in a shit part of Taranaki trying to get a 56 year old to go in for them.

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

^^^ Nope thread for this pish

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The sound of the water gurgling on those things makes me feel queazy.

I am getting nostalgic for the smell of my grandpa's ready rub.

For a moment, I thought this was a paragraph from that book you were writing.

I'm an oddity in that I never smoked outwith trying it a few times over the years. Started on cigarillos as a stress thing in 2020, then a few months back went on to those disposable vapes. Bought a few 88 refillable pens but they're shite and I cant get a flavour off them. Anyone tried the Vaperesso mini refiallble vape? 

15 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'm an oddity in that I never smoked outwith trying it a few times over the years. Started on cigarillos as a stress thing in 2020, then a few months back went on to those disposable vapes. Bought a few 88 refillable pens but they're shite and I cant get a flavour off them. Anyone tried the Vaperesso mini refiallble vape? 

Vaping thread for this pish.

This thread is for proper tabs.

I'm nearly four years off the fags, and for the first time, I am comfortable enough to have a few on occasions, and not fall into the trap of smoking all the time again.  I went to visit a friend earlier in the week, and my vape broke in the car, so I grabbed 20 fags from a petrol station.  That was Tuesday night, I had two cigarettes (one before meeting said friend, and one afterwards), still 18 left in the packet.

Couldn't afford to smoke full time again.

36 minutes ago, Adam said:

I'm nearly four years off the fags, and for the first time, I am comfortable enough to have a few on occasions, and not fall into the trap of smoking all the time again.  I went to visit a friend earlier in the week, and my vape broke in the car, so I grabbed 20 fags from a petrol station.  That was Tuesday night, I had two cigarettes (one before meeting said friend, and one afterwards), still 18 left in the packet.

Couldn't afford to smoke full time again.

That's a dangerous stage, when you feel confident to just have the odd one. Next time it won't be because your vape broke.