Banning smoking forever

ICTChris

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That's a dangerous stage, when you feel confident to just have the odd one. Next time it won't be because your vape broke.

Normally I'd agree with you, but it just doesn't interest me at all anymore, I can go weeks without even thinking of having a smoke and then have one after dinner one night, then not touching them for weeks afterwards.  I would say I've been like that for at least three years now.  I didn't touch fags for about a year when I finally quit.

2 hours ago, Adam said:

I'm nearly four years off the fags, and for the first time, I am comfortable enough to have a few on occasions, and not fall into the trap of smoking all the time again.  I went to visit a friend earlier in the week, and my vape broke in the car, so I grabbed 20 fags from a petrol station.  That was Tuesday night, I had two cigarettes (one before meeting said friend, and one afterwards), still 18 left in the packet.

Couldn't afford to smoke full time again.

I'm similar, been in the vape for near two years, decided I fancied smoking at TRNSMT this year and must've had about 20 a day but haven't even thought of having one since 

Edited by Bert Raccoon

I used to smoke 20 a day and have been on a vape for a few years. One of the low powered vape-kits does me fine - no need to be blowing massive clouds.

Smoking is something I wish I had never started. I can't even stand the smell of it now.

Edited by Richey Edwards

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Normally I'd agree with you, but it just doesn't interest me at all anymore, I can go weeks without even thinking of having a smoke and then have one after dinner one night, then not touching them for weeks afterwards.  I would say I've been like that for at least three years now.  I didn't touch fags for about a year when I nearly finally quit.

FTFY

3 hours ago, Adam said:

I'm nearly four years off the fags, and for the first time, I am comfortable enough to have a few on occasions, and not fall into the trap of smoking all the time again.  I went to visit a friend earlier in the week, and my vape broke in the car, so I grabbed 20 fags from a petrol station.  That was Tuesday night, I had two cigarettes (one before meeting said friend, and one afterwards), still 18 left in the packet.

Couldn't afford to smoke full time again.

Why didn't you just get a new vape? You were choking for a cig, weren't you!

8 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Concerning amount of serial vapists in here.

I vape a lot!

I stopped smoking about 5 years ago, I was on 20 to 30 a day, thank god I stopped when I did because prices have just rocketed in that time. Need to quit the vape now because I am constantly at it. Better than smoking though.

Pretty sure I still have a packet of Mayfair in the glove box, in the blue packaging.

12 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Image result for More Cigarette Brand. Size: 170 x 170. Source: the-more-cigarettes.blogspot.com These boys? I remember them (although I thought it was a brown packet, so I obviously don't remember them that well).

Remember them being the fag of choice for someone in the process of giving up.

If the ghost of Christmas past was to pay me a visit he'd be puffing on one of these...

dfa765ec561cdb3875d344fa66bdcceb.jpg

Edited by Lurkst

1 minute ago, Lurkst said:

Remember them being the flag of choice for someone in the process of giving up.

If the ghost of Christmas past was to pay me a visit he'd be puffing on one of these...

Was he a fan of musical theatre perchance?

7 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I remember as a child getting toys from the coupons or whatever it was Maw Sanchez collected from smoking Club. I'm sure I had a mat with roads on it and some small metal cars of varying colours.

I got a drum kit off my dads Kensitas coupons, I vaguely remember there being a catalogue to choose from. 

smoked around 45 rollies a day, gave up 3 1/2 years ago. Arctic cherry vape is the way to go 

9 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Remember them being the fag of choice for someone in the process of giving up.

When my mother smoked my father bought these for her every Christmas. She didn't really like them but because they were a present from him she puffed womanfully through them evety year.

8 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

I got a drum kit off my dads Kensitas coupons, I vaguely remember there being a catalogue to choose from. 

smoked around 45 rollies a day, gave up 3 1/2 years ago. Arctic cherry vape is the way to go 

Loved the old Embassy catalogues and vouchers.

18 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'm an oddity in that I never smoked outwith trying it a few times over the years. Started on cigarillos as a stress thing in 2020, then a few months back went on to those disposable vapes. Bought a few 88 refillable pens but they're shite and I cant get a flavour off them. Anyone tried the Vaperesso mini refiallble vape? 

No argument there...

9 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

45 roll ups sounds a lot but in my exprience about 3 roll ups = a "normal cigarette" so around the 15 a day mark.

I was probably something similar although as we couldn't smoke at work and I didn't smoke in the house any more it might have been less.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

This brings back memories of Regal's focus points. About 50,000 fags to get a shite Bush HiFi [emoji23]