Next Permanent Hibernian Manager

Guest Bob Mahelp

I would be nervous about Maloney if I were a Hibs fan. 

On every single metric the likes of McInnes or another experienced manager would seem to be a more sensible option. 

The only thing that Maloney wins out on is the short-term excitement of rolling the dice with a completely inexperienced manager. 

Aberdeen tried that. Almost a year later, we're still unsure if we're better off or not. 

36 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

As has been posted above, seems to be a lot of on-line ITK saying Sean Maloney.

If so, I think it's a strange move.  JR better on just about every metric. 

I don't know how you can say that given Maloney will be new to club management.
My Team : St.Mirren
Right, with you now. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I would be nervous about Maloney if I were a Hibs fan. 

On every single metric the likes of McInnes or another experienced manager would seem to be a more sensible option. 

The only thing that Maloney wins out on is the short-term excitement of rolling the dice with a completely inexperienced manager. 

Aberdeen tried that. Almost a year later, we're still unsure if we're better off or not. 

True dat. Not too good for us given its 5 points from 30 so need a drastic improvement in results. Glass is at least on a streak which is exactly what Maloney needs fast but he doesnt have much time. 

I would have been surprised if it had been McInnes, just because he is fairly similar to Ross anyway so it wouldn't have been much of a change. It did seem, from the outside at least, that Ross' tenure at Hibs was McInnes at us on fast-forward. 

I could be wrong, but I think I read that we approached Maloney when we appointed Glass. 

Edited by DrewDon

I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes. Glass, Courts and Maloney are all the kind of wacky appointments neutrals should enjoy. Even Postecoglou to a lesser extent.

You can't blame Maloney for wanting to upgrade from De Bruyne to Gogic either.

For some reason I feel like Maloney would be a good appointment, and you'd expect he's learned quite a bit while at Belgium. Caldwell is where it could go wrong though as, like others have said, he's a buffoon.

With my gambling record and generally getting nothing right, Maloney will be a disaster and Caldwell will take over for next season and win the treble.

7 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

For some reason I feel like Maloney would be a good appointment, and you'd expect he's learned quite a bit while at Belgium. Caldwell is where it could go wrong though as, like others have said, he's a buffoon.

With my gambling record and generally getting nothing right, Maloney will be a disaster and Caldwell will take over for next season and win the treble.

I did forecast at the start of last season that Callum Davidson would lead St Johnstone to relegation and he led them to the cup double and top 6.

I might be closer to it this season mind you.

9 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm not really sure that's the case. He's incredibly stable in there, he's adored by the support and he's likely on about £15k a week. 

was reluctant to come back to this point as I would think there's no way Hibs are going to go with someone with so little actual managerial experience...

But, Yes Dunc is an Everton legend for his playing days just for being Dunc basically, scoring in the big games and that old bollocks of "getting the club".

(the list of things he does with the fans and community outside of work should embarrass most other players) 

Most sensible Everton fans see that the club is an actual disaster from top to bottom and has been for decades. Duncan is now seen as part of the problem.

He's remained as assistant to the now hundreds of managers they've had the last 5 seasons. The club is littered with ex-players who won bugger all in their career now in cosy coaching roles and holding back the club.

So good luck to him, he needs to leave if he ever wants to actually manage. But I suspect he's far too cosy in his role out the firing line. 

Maloney would be interesting to see what he has learned from another ex Everton Manager in Martinez... 

Edited by Dylangt7