Kelty Hearts v St Johnstone, SC 4th round

PauloPerth

21 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Very tough to take, especially when you consider the dross we swept aside to win both cups last season. 

You think of how easy it was to sweep aside the likes of Dundee, Clyde and the greatest st mirren side in 30 years, and wonder where it all went wrong…

Think even some of those teams would stand a chance against us right now, an incredible fall from grace.

Resting on auld laurel wreaths!

17 hours ago, Radford said:

I don't know, getting knocked out of a cup at home by a bottom league team only 90 days after winning the Scottish Cup would push it close... 

You were only 2 leagues below us back then, Kelty are 3 below you...it was also the Diddy Cup.

Oh and our U21s beat them earlier this season. 

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

You were only 2 leagues below us back then, Kelty are 3 below you...it was also the Diddy Cup.

Oh and our U21s beat them earlier this season. 

You'd be better doing this gloating after you've played them in the next round m8. This site is funny for these types of post coming back on folk.

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Funny to watch the highlights after reading this thread. Made the game look like St Johnstone battered Kelty and were unlucky.

We were shit but I thought we shaded the game over the 90 minutes.

Watched the highlights back there and what a shit goal to concede. From our own corner as well. Firstly Gordon has about five hours to turn and put the ball back in the box or down the line to Butterfield as opposed to last man Gallacher, who then decides he’s got all the time in the world despite all the play being in front of him and gets closed down. Absolutely shite.

20 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

We were shit but I thought we shaded the game over the 90 minutes.

Watched the highlights back there and what a shit goal to concede. From our own corner as well. Firstly Gordon has about five hours to turn and put the ball back in the box or down the line to Butterfield as opposed to last man Gallacher, who then decides he’s got all the time in the world despite all the play being in front of him and gets closed down. Absolutely shite.

A terrible goal and probably fortunate the ref gave a free kick for the other chance in the first half.

Kelty keeper was flapping at everything. On another day you probably get a couple.

On 09/12/2021 at 01:17, PauloPerth said:

A new ground for Saints fans to visit after we were denied the chance in last year’s league cup group stage.

I hope we put up a good fight to retain our cup, but the way we are playing will have many Saints fans going into this with major concern about a shock defeat. 

The hope is we look back at the early posts on this thread in a months time when we’ve signed 4-5 ballers in early January and laugh at any worries we had.

Is it fair to say Kelty are another Gretna, and should be despised accordingly?

It isn't fair to say that Kelty are another Gretna.  The plan is for the backer to pull out in a couple of season's time, as it's expected that the club will be stable enough to exist in the SPFL under it's own steam.

On 22/01/2022 at 17:25, Leith Green said:

Was the same with us at the end of JR reign.

If you bin CD, you can expect the same fuckin stupid backlash from Tom English etc "what do Saints fans want? He won them 2 cups" "know your place"  etc etc

All from fannies that dont actually ever pay to watch the same shite we pay £300/£400 a year for............

On 22/01/2022 at 17:26, Leith Green said:

p.s. can we have Kelty in the next round please?

Kelty 5 Hibbies 1.

1 hour ago, Robert Forbes said:

It isn't fair to say that Kelty are another Gretna.  The plan is for the backer to pull out in a couple of season's time, as it's expected that the club will be stable enough to exist in the SPFL under it's own steam.

I don’t see a lot of difference. They’ve spent way beyond their income on players who are far better than the level they are playing at as a way of guaranteeing they skoosh whatever league they’re in.

Fair enough if there’s a grand plan, but there was at Gretna as well until the owner got seriously ill then died.

Fair play to them, they’re not the first and they won’t be the last, and it’s great for the local community. The good thing for kelty is they have their own stadium to watch their team in right now, something which Mileson had planned but was never done.

They've hardly been skooshing leagues, at least not until this season.

Titles have been far from certain:

East of Scotland League 2017-18     trailed by 1pt entering last day

1135559664_Kelty1718.JPG.e4cce0843b4a14113825e87c4cbffb6e.JPG

Lowland League 2018-19     finished distant 3rd

940985647_Kelty1819.JPG.cdb35678a122f57d607aeacf04fd74f5.JPG

Lowland League 2019-20    had still to play Bonnyrigg and BSCG away when season was abandoned (having drawn at home to BSCG)

944028356_Kelty1920.JPG.bcd4d176e6753c55637e19ef3c622bb1.JPG

Lowland League 2020-21     had not played any of Bonnyrigg, BSCG or East Stirlingshire when season was abandoned (having lost at home to East Kilbride)

651314891_Kelty2021.JPG.3bf3ea5eaf7bf64c6ec417f0ad2d7f3b.JPG

On 23/01/2022 at 01:07, FrankChickens1 said:

Hope this new Irish lad is better than Cleary. All that propaganda must have muddled his brain. Higginbotham could have run through twice before Cleary got back

In fairness to Cleary, I'm a little blinded by my firmly held view he's an absolute fucking moron. 

Upon seeing the highlights the player I was criticizing above was O'Halloran, not Cleary, so the above was a little unfair. To correct, it was O'Halloran who, despite all his pace, looked ridiculous trying to catch up with Higginbotham, not Cleary. Same boots. 

Apologies to Cleary therefore for the unfair accusation.

In fact, Cleary wasn't making any real effort to get back at all, and glides into frame just as the ball goes into the net.

He was incredibly lucky that the referee gave that ridiculous free kick when he went down after the collision with Austin. Wasn't a foul and Austin should have been clean through after Cleary shat it. He'd better get better quick.

7 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I don’t see a lot of difference. They’ve spent way beyond their income on players who are far better than the level they are playing at as a way of guaranteeing they skoosh whatever league they’re in.

Fair enough if there’s a grand plan, but there was at Gretna as well until the owner got seriously ill then died.

Fair play to them, they’re not the first and they won’t be the last, and it’s great for the local community. The good thing for kelty is they have their own stadium to watch their team in right now, something which Mileson had planned but was never done.

The big difference is that Kelty know in advance when the sponsor is pulling out. I would say that they would be able to survive at League 1 or 2 level on their own. Kelty have always been a club that have very active committees, so I don't anticipate there being a crash as per Gretna. 

5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

They've hardly been skooshing leagues, at least not until this season.

Titles have been far from certain:

East of Scotland League 2017-18     trailed by 1pt entering last day

1135559664_Kelty1718.JPG.e4cce0843b4a14113825e87c4cbffb6e.JPG

Lowland League 2018-19     finished distant 3rd

940985647_Kelty1819.JPG.cdb35678a122f57d607aeacf04fd74f5.JPG

Lowland League 2019-20    had still to play Bonnyrigg and BSCG away when season was abandoned (having drawn at home to BSCG)

944028356_Kelty1920.JPG.bcd4d176e6753c55637e19ef3c622bb1.JPG

Lowland League 2020-21     had not played any of Bonnyrigg, BSCG or East Stirlingshire when season was abandoned (having lost at home to East Kilbride)

651314891_Kelty2021.JPG.3bf3ea5eaf7bf64c6ec417f0ad2d7f3b.JPG

It was never the intention for Kelty to "skoosh" any league, they joined the Senior ranks to climb the pyramid to the highest level that they could realistically reach, and that level is getting close imho. They have been fortunate to have been given the Lowland League title, but knowing Kelty they would have much rather preferred to have all the games played, but that wasn't possible.

In fairness to Cleary, I'm a little blinded by my firmly held view he's an absolute fucking moron. 
Upon seeing the highlights the player I was criticizing above was O'Halloran, not Cleary, so the above was a little unfair. To correct, it was O'Halloran who, despite all his pace, looked ridiculous trying to catch up with Higginbotham, not Cleary. Same boots. 
Apologies to Cleary therefore for the unfair accusation.
In fact, Cleary wasn't making any real effort to get back at all, and glides into frame just as the ball goes into the net.
He was incredibly lucky that the referee gave that ridiculous free kick when he went down after the collision with Austin. Wasn't a foul and Austin should have been clean through after Cleary shat it. He'd better get better quick.

You do realise MOH did his hammy about as soon as he came on? He was probably on the pitch about 10 mins longer than he should have been. By 103rd min he was continually hobbling so no way he would have caught me never mind Higgy.