Kelty Hearts v St Johnstone, SC 4th round

PauloPerth

The players couldn't give less of a f**k we are behind. He's lost them. He has to go. 

About 5 mins to go in ET, Higgy is trying to take the ball for a walk to kill time and none of your team, none, had any desire to close him down and try and win ball back. With 5 to go and 1 ahead against a SPL side I would have expected it to be hell to try and keep the ball. Instead we strolled the end of the game. Says more about Saints than Kelty.

A turgid game of football which ended in disaster for us. Kelty fully deserved their win, although I wish they had done it in normal time to win me some money. Their goal was excellent, I thought he had taken too many touches and made a bigs ear of it, but he coolly passed it into the net.

Highlight of the day were the Kelty pies. I heard they were good so I sampled both the scotch and steak pies and they were both excellent, I particularly enjoyed the steak pie.

If the result wasn’t a big enough minter, one saints fan decided to give one of the match photographers dogs abuse because the photographer took his photo while he was going mental at the saints team walking off [emoji38] proper pathetic stuff.

This will go down in history as the league two side who knocked out the cup holders from the premiership, however Kelty are clearly in a different league to the rest of league 2. I’d have them top half of League 1 no bother.

Our 3-0 defeat to Clydebank in 88 might rival it!

Clydebank finished third in the second tier that year, 15th in Scotland. Think of it as losing to a team like Kilmarnock or ICT these days.
As bad as a result as that was, it’s not certainly not in the same ball park as losing against a fourth tier side sitting 33rd in Scotland.
Like the Saintees did today.
ETA just seen the defending for that goal on sportscene. Holy shit 🤣

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

My word. That was even worse on sportscene.

Its not great is it?

120 minutes against a League Two side and did we create a single decent chance?

Very tough to take, especially when you consider the dross we swept aside to win both cups last season. 

You think of how easy it was to sweep aside the likes of Dundee, Clyde and the greatest st mirren side in 30 years, and wonder where it all went wrong…

Think even some of those teams would stand a chance against us right now, an incredible fall from grace.