Kelty Hearts v St Johnstone, SC 4th round

PauloPerth

Are Kelty doing a stream for this?

Don't know how you approach this. A loss would be devastating and we'd head into Wednesdays massive game with the fans absolutely after the manager.

I don't think we have nearly enough quality in depth to win this with the fringe players.

A very, very, ominous feeling that we'll play our strongest eleven yet end up in extra time, and be fucked for Wednesday. 

Says it all that I'm not even sure who our key, match winning, players are though. I guess we don't want Clark, Gordon, or Ciftci, injured, but beyond that it's kind of meh.

I’d rest Ciftci and McPherson (who looked fucked by the end at Tynecastle) but other than that would play pretty much the full team, tho no real idea what even looks like at the minute. Gordon and Clark are young guys who can play the 3 games in quick succession, about as likely to get injured in training anyways.

Will be an absolute slog if we play a back five and we’ll probably lose or get dragged into extra time. But assuming we do that since we have in literally every single game this season I guess the best we could do is:

Clark
Ambrose Gordon Cleary
MOH Gallacher

Gilmour ? (Is Craig or Davidson the only option here?
Crawford

Kane May

That is a piss-poor team and it depressed me picking it. Most of them aren’t good enough for our level so hopefully they can show something against a lower league side.

It appears away tickets sold out. Would a quiet Saints fan or two be okay going in the home end (do Kelty even have any fans?)

You will be fine in the home end.

Across the bottom 2 leagues Kelty are second behind Falkirk in terms of average home attendance this season. Average about 750 per home game.

Clark

Brown - Cleary - Gordon - Gallacher

MOH - MacPherson - Davidson - Middleton

Ciftci - Kane

Or if you're Callum Davidson...

Clark

Cleary - Gordon - McCart

MOH - MacPherson - Davidson - Gallacher

Middleton - Kane - Ciftci

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Clark

Brown - Cleary - Gordon - Gallacher

MOH - MacPherson - Davidson - Middleton

Ciftci - Kane

Or if you're Callum Davidson...

Clark

Cleary - Gordon - McCart

MOH - MacPherson - Davidson - Gallacher

Middleton - Kane - Ciftci

Heh, that first one was exactly the team I was about to suggest but with Parish for Clark.

He'll absolutely go with option 2 though. 

Edit - he might actually play Ciftchi on the right and May on the left. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

Just now, Valentino Bolognese said:

Heh, that first one was exactly the team I was about to suggest but with Parish for Clark.

He'll absolutely go with option 2 though. 

I've no idea what he'll do and, tbh, I'm not even sure what the best idea is, in terms of playing it strong or resting folk.

I just know that I absolutely crave a St Johnstone side who are exciting to watch.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've no idea what he'll do and, tbh, I'm not even sure what the best idea is, in terms of playing it strong or resting folk.

I just know that I absolutely crave a St Johnstone side who are exciting to watch.

I'd like to see Gilmour  get good time in this one.  Hard to judge much from the Hearts game. 

Right. I think he's going back 4 today. Either that or the newspaper comments are some sort of elaborate ruse. 

High risk but let's get some time into the newer guys and try something just a bit different.

Parish

Brown Cleary Gordon Gallacher

MOH MacPherson Gilmour Middleton

Kane Ciftci

0-2 after 6 minutes (Nadir double). Saints to sub him off and shitfest it for the remaining 84. 

More away fan than home today?

Kelty fans - how hard will parking be for a sell-out crowd?

1 hour ago, big al said:

Best of luck to Kelty today. Fancy a possible upset here. Felt this game should have been a TV choice especially with St J being the holders, but that’s Scotland for you. 

Especially when you add in the history we have with Gretna too.