Kelty Hearts v St Johnstone, SC 4th round

PauloPerth

19 minutes ago, Widge said:

Took me 20 seconds to get tickets? Obviously some fans aren't worthy.

Further to this, I accidently bought home end tickets and then just now bought away end tickets in 10 seconds, so it's not hard! 😂😂

Time to get a refund me thinks.

6 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Have to say I got my tickets without any bother at all. 

I've never in my life knowingly set foot in Kelty. 

Does it have pubs?

Neither have I. I’m expecting some ‘Deliverance’ vibes, but aside from that I’m not really sure.

It took me an hour and three separate transactions but I finally got my gold dust briefs.

From what I could tell if you weren't logged in before you made your ticket selections it sent you to the log in page - but then once you logged in it sent you back to the start and the tickets you had selected were no longer in your basket. However, they had been removed from being available.

My assumption is there were a couple of hundred people all trying to buy at once - they all clicked the log in button, all the tickets were then marked as unavailable on the system and then when everyone got punted back to the first page there were no tickets to be had.

They then became available in dribs and drabs of two or three at a time as the initial "reservations" were released back into the system.

What a great feeling going into this weekend, safe in the knowledge that my briefs have been secured and I won’t have to consider going in the home end or getting the begging bowl out on the St Johnstone Banter page.

You probs should consider going in the home end since Edinburgh City are the away side m8

40 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

:’(

Pray the KYT don’t smell the Perth on me

The amount of Saints fans I’ve seen who have ‘accidentally’ bought tickets for the home end means I think you should be alright tbh. I highly doubt there’ll be anything to cheer about anyway.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

It’s likely nerves bordering on mild terror.

I still get flashbacks to Swanson being booed, players getting lumps of ice thrown at them, and that miserable cold toiletless 3 hour bus journey home from Dumfries.

”here we go, two in a … oh”

Cheer up Paulo, this time it's only half an hour away.

I think Davidson needs to try something completely different in this game. This is the one where you take a chance and see if we can find a way of playing in a different system. This is a potential banana skin for sure - but at the end of the day its a cup tie against a League Two side. Playing our full XI in the 3-5-2/3-4-3 system and losing would be catastrophic. In fact, I think many would be of the opinion that its the final straw.

We're the cup holders - I take the view that this isn't completely meaningless. Getting papped out in disastrous style by QOTS after winning the 2014 Scottish Cup was horrendous. We need to avoid that. We need to get a win on the board to instill some kind of confidence that we can actually score a goal or two.

I can't say I'm too confident, but I'm looking forward to ticking off a new ground at the very least.

We're the cup holders - I take the view that this isn't completely meaningless. Getting papped out in disastrous style by QOTS after winning the 2014 Scottish Cup was horrendous. We need to avoid that. We need to get a win on the board to instill some kind of confidence that we can actually score a goal or two.
I can't say I'm too confident, but I'm looking forward to ticking off a new ground at the very least.

This is where I'm at JB. Completely get where Radford's coming from with the league being the priority, but I'd worry if we rest some of our better players whether we'd still be able to get the victory. The effect on morale if we went out could be a disaster.

Kelty are only really a league two club in name, their squad and wages are about championship level at a guess. They'll really fancy their chances here.