St. Mirren v Hibernian

2 minutes ago, Munoz said:

It's not. Obika is probably better than any striker we currently have. 

Goodwin's ego f'd that one up.

Obika was getting pelters on social media from all angles.

We'll obviously never know how it would have panned out but there weren't too many tears shed at the time when he left. It was all about that Hearts goal really. Even he barely scored last season. 

Its my fault anyway. As soon as i typed Brophy for Scotland on here it's all went to shit. 

3 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Obika was getting pelters on social media from all angles.

We'll obviously never know how it would have panned out but there weren't too many tears shed at the time when he left. It was all about that Hearts goal really. Even he barely scored last season. 

Its my fault anyway. As soon as i typed Brophy for Scotland on here it's all went to shit. 

Obika was far more than the goal that gloriously relegated Hearts. 

I suspect that Goodwin didn't know how to play him.

Far better than Main, better than Dennis and probably brought more to the team than Brophy. 

Decisions like this will possibly cost Jim the job.

6 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

What do you suggest seriously ? Who would you have  takevover from Goodwin  ? 

I’ve got no idea Ian, again I’m not looking for Goody to be sacked if that’s what your suggesting. I’d hate for a club legend like him to lose his job. 

But there is a reality check required for him, in terms of recruitment and his stubborn attitude in sticking with a system that doesn’t work. If the current trend of eye-bleeding football continues then it’s inevitable, that his job will be on the line.

He made a massive mistake in not replacing Durmus with a similar type player. I’d guess his Jan recruitment will make or break our season. 

Just now, Munoz said:

Far better than Main, better than Dennis and probably brought more to the team than Brophy. 

Oh definitely, that came across wrong, i was a fan of him but when he left it was more a case of thanks for everything especially that goal against Hearts but it was best if we all move on. Thats what i got from it anyway.

I think what will cost him is going from having natural wingers in the team to the back 3 and wing backs. Teams have sussed it out. We can only rely on McAllister to come off the bench and provide a spark. That and having 3 strikers out of 4 not really contributing anything week in week out as well, waste of wages. 

Football is all about timing. Run of fixtures coming up, bad run of form. Few big names now out of a job that we could potentially sound out?

I think we have got to give the manager the January window to sort the squad out (again) and hopefully the results will come soon after. Risky as we could be neck deep in it by March but imo we have to let him play it out. League and cup finishes give him that right. 

9 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I’ve got no idea Ian, again I’m not looking for Goody to be sacked if that’s what your suggesting. I’d hate for a club legend like him to lose his job. 

But there is a reality check required for him, in terms of recruitment and his stubborn attitude in sticking with a system that doesn’t work. If the current trend of eye-bleeding football continues then it’s inevitable, that his job will be on the line.

He made a massive mistake in not replacing Durmus with a similar type player. I’d guess his Jan recruitment will make or break our season. 

Has Tanser not pretty much slotted in that role as well as can be expected? Considering the cirumstances with covid and the issues with signing foreign players shrinking the market we are in now? 

Hes the only one that is creating week in week out consistently, again in my opinion. Someone like @RandomGuy will have the stats. 

I think the main issue is the system, as you memtioned. 

I knew today was going to be pish and when the train missed Paisley and went on to Glasgow central I was almost tempted to stay and meet family there. Thank f**k its my birthday for the celtic game and I'll be enjoying a good steak and not freezing my balls off and watching our turgid pish yet again. Really not bothered about missing games now which I thought I'd never say.

6 hours ago, Munoz said:

I don't know, I think Brophy has one of our best players this season. Problem is he's in and out all the time, and half the time when he's in he isn't fully fit, but we'd be in a far worse position without him. Would have defo had Obika over the other three though.

10 hours ago, Munoz said:

It's not. Obika is probably better than any striker we currently have. 

Goodwin's ego f'd that one up.

Agree totally obika vastly better than the three lads fit at present. Poor decision from a manager who’s negative tactics are turning the fans off

9 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Oh definitely, that came across wrong, i was a fan of him but when he left it was more a case of thanks for everything especially that goal against Hearts but it was best if we all move on. Thats what i got from it anyway.

I think what will cost him is going from having natural wingers in the team to the back 3 and wing backs. Teams have sussed it out. We can only rely on McAllister to come off the bench and provide a spark. That and having 3 strikers out of 4 not really contributing anything week in week out as well, waste of wages. 

Football is all about timing. Run of fixtures coming up, bad run of form. Few big names now out of a job that we could potentially sound out?

I think we have got to give the manager the January window to sort the squad out (again) and hopefully the results will come soon after. Risky as we could be neck deep in it by March but imo we have to let him play it out. League and cup finishes give him that right. 

Obika had good movement and created chances . Yes not a prolific striker but look over his 20 goals and you’ll see he was in the right place at times. Much better than anything we have available at present excluding Brophy 

Not sure what folk expect of Main when all he gets are howitzers aimed very roughly in his direction and even if it is accurate enough to find him there is nobody within 15 yards of him from midfield to link up. It's almost impossible to say if Main is a decent player or not as we don't create any chances. The one cross he did get he did well to get a header on target. Main is well down the list of concerns for me. McGrath, just make a deal and get him out the door for a few quid in January, he's not in the slightest bit interested. We dont need two defensive midfielder players especially as bookings aside (yesterday's a joke) Power is playing well enough to cope especially against bottom 6 teams at home. The sooner McCarthy is back the better, the defence just looks unsure with Dunne in there. He lacks composure. Ronan has to start he's miles better than Kiltie or Flynn. We need to ship a few out in January but Main wouldn't be one for me we just need to use him properly as he just isn't a lone striker type.

1 hour ago, Norrie82 said:

Obika had good movement and created chances . Yes not a prolific striker but look over his 20 goals and you’ll see he was in the right place at times. Much better than anything we have available at present excluding Brophy 

True but he was still getting pelters week in week out for missing sitters. Id have kept him but with Erwin, Dennis and Brophy already signed up for this season you can see why Obika was released.

As for Durmus, he scored 3 goals and has 2 assists to his name last season in the league. Tanser already has 4 assists (our higgest) and 2 goals in just about half the appearances. Folk seem to have forgotten how inconsistent he was too. When he was on it he was excellent but he did go through some terrible slumps too.

13 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Tanser is decent replacement. The problems seems more about who plays wide right. Fraser seemed to do ok there last season, but Millar seems too one dimensional to give much attacking support.  Also agree that Obika would be giving us more of a goal threat than Main or Dennis. 

I can see why Jim made his choice, a fit Brophy brings a lot to the side and is a full Scotland  international, Main had a great season at well. (Though not so good at the Dons). Just goes to show that sometimes things dont work out how you think they will

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Not sure what folk expect of Main when all he gets are howitzers aimed very roughly in his direction and even if it is accurate enough to find him there is nobody within 15 yards of him from midfield to link up. It's almost impossible to say if Main is a decent player or not as we don't create any chances. The one cross he did get he did well to get a header on target. Main is well down the list of concerns for me. McGrath, just make a deal and get him out the door for a few quid in January, he's not in the slightest bit interested. We dont need two defensive midfielder players especially as bookings aside (yesterday's a joke) Power is playing well enough to cope especially against bottom 6 teams at home. The sooner McCarthy is back the better, the defence just looks unsure with Dunne in there. He lacks composure. Ronan has to start he's miles better than Kiltie or Flynn. We need to ship a few out in January but Main wouldn't be one for me we just need to use him properly as he just isn't a lone striker type.

I disagree. Main is part of the reason we don't seem to create many chances because he offers nothing in the way of movement at all. Yesterday he was standing still, all the time. All Shaughnessy had to do to get on the end was of one of our "non chances" was make a run and get across his man, something none of our actual strikers did all day.

15 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Agree the system is not working Goodwin really needs to change it. Will he ?  Recruitment wise Goodwin has one of the largest squads best equipped for first team football on paper. Goodwin has came out and said he will shrink the squad for quality so January will be interesting.  Sadly I think we will be bottom of the league then as I can't see points from our next three games.