St. Mirren v Hibernian

That was a robbery. I’d be fuming if I was a Hibs fan.

We are just hopeless. No ideas - just hoofing balls up to Main, who may as well have been a training dummy based on how little he actually moves. I’ve wanted to give Main a chance since the start if the season before hammering him, but he’s had too many chance, he’s a dumpling who needs binned.

No joke, I’d have Shaughnessy up front ahead of Main, Erwin and Dennis.

I had forgot Kiltie was on the pitch until he went off.

McGrath miles off it.

Flynn is done at this level.

The positions of our back 3 are all over the shop for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

We’re staring being bottom of the league come January. Absolutely grim.

28 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

That was a robbery. I’d be fuming if I was a Hibs fan.

Nah. Not having that.

Two poor teams who, other than the goals, barely mustered a meaningful effort on target.

Both teams were equally shit.

I do agree about Shaughnessy. Sign a decent CH in January and play him up front.

Edited by FTOF

Pretty pivotal game for Hibs on Tuesday now. Win it and you can probably forget any relegation chat. Lose it though? Suddenly things get a bit interesting. 

If McPake wants the Hibs gig, I’d expect him to have the Dundee boys right up for this. One or two obvious ones might expect the opportunity to follow him down the road if he does.

8 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Nah. Not having that.

Two poor teams who, other than the goals, barely mustered a meaningful effort on target.

Both teams were equally shit.

I do agree about Shaughnessy. Sign a decent CH in January and play him up front.

Disagree that both teams were equally shit. For the most part, Hibs actually had a functioning midfield. Ours were invisible. Created absolutely nothing going forward, and for the first thirty minutes, offered no protection to the St Mirren defence. Endless backwards passes from them to Alnwick or Dunne.

Really worried about St Mirren the team looks so predictable and our general play is tedious. We don’t ever look like scoring and with the laborious build up play you can see why. Certainly by the time the year ends we could be bottom. Is Jim under any pressure though? 

1 minute ago, Norrie82 said:

Really worried about St Mirren the team looks so predictable and our general play is tedious. We don’t ever look like scoring and with the laborious build up play you can see why. Certainly by the time the year ends we could be bottom. Is Jim under any pressure though? 

Are you missing many players just now? I thought Goodwin had you performing pretty well earlier in the season. We had to work a bit to break you down at home too. 

Reading some of these comments, you’d think Hibs battered us for 90 mins and we ran up and snatched an equaliser.
IMG_7290.jpg
We had more possession and Hibs had a couple of extra shots. It was a poor game played in terrible conditions, but a draw was about right.

2 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

McAllister did create a bit more spark than Millar did, but watching him get out run by Stevenson who was tiring and has what, 10+ years on him? Isn't a great look.

Id actually have Jay Henderson have another go in the team. Fair enough his crossing was a bit poor but he did create and won us a couple of penalties early on in the season.

What has happened with Henderson? Can't even get on the bench at the moment.

That is probably one of the worst games I've ever been to. Absolutely dire. We were utter pish (no idea where the BBC got the fact we had one shot in the first half, let alone the three their half-time stats showed) and Hibs were only slightly better. We didn't deserve a late equaliser but they didn't deserve to win - one of those games where neither team should have got points.

Still, only Rangers and Celtic next...

Edited by Stu

That was utterly woeful game of football. Thought Hibs were poor, especially given the players they have but we as poor if not worse. The draw is probably fair result overall, but we’ve got serious issues given the fixtures.

The style and tactics are all wrong for Saints. Long balls to Curtis Main who doesn’t even look like a footballer never mind a striker and looks worse than that time we had Callum Ball up top. Barely wins a header, hardly ever holds it up and has zero pace. Saw Goodwin moan at him for failing to hold it up near the end but how Jim watched that and kept him on for 90 mins was baffling. McGregor could have pulled out a deckchair and a cigar for the pressure he put him under. Shaughnessy showed the only bit of good movement into the box and he’s a centre half. 

The whole team looks very uncomfortable with the 3 at the back. Fair enough if it make us hard to beat but it doesn’t and he’s stuck rigid to a formation every team has now found out - the push high, keep fullbacks deep and we resort to punting it. Don’t know why he doesn’t even try adapting to 4 at the back. Dennis I though added when he game on, and started to trouble the Hibs defence a bit. Erahahon probably needs to come in to help the midfield, and Ronan seemed to find some space. I didn’t think Flynn was terrible, today, probably only one trying to play a bit first half but Flynn and Power doesn’t work when there is no width. Not sure Millar is good enough either. 

Jim is under some pressure if we are bottom at the turn. 

37 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Disagree that both teams were equally shit. For the most part, Hibs actually had a functioning midfield. Ours were invisible. Created absolutely nothing going forward, and for the first thirty minutes, offered no protection to the St Mirren defence. Endless backwards passes from them to Alnwick or Dunne.

Which created virtually nothing, like ourselves. They shaded it overall, but suggest that they were so far ahead of us, that us gaining a point is "daylight robbery", is simply a load of pish, IMO.

We'll agree to disagree.

19 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Are you missing many players just now? I thought Goodwin had you performing pretty well earlier in the season. We had to work a bit to break you down at home too. 

We’ve just taken a massive dip in form since losing to Dundee in October. We don’t look like scoring and the build up play is so slow and predict able. No wins in 9 and with the old firm next up we could well be bottom soon. Very worrying when you consider the alleged boardroom unrest too. 

2 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

We’ve just taken a massive dip in form since losing to Dundee in October. We don’t look like scoring and the build up play is so slow and predict able. No wins in 9 and with the old firm next up we could well be bottom soon. Very worrying when you consider the alleged boardroom unrest too. 

Didn’t actually know about the boardroom unrest.

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Which created virtually nothing, like ourselves. They shaded it overall, but suggest that they were so far ahead of us, that us gaining a point is "daylight robbery", is simply a load of pish, IMO.

We'll agree to disagree.

We played far better against County Aberdeen & Hearts and only picked up a point, its just the way it goes sometimes. 

12 minutes ago, FTOF said:

We'll agree to disagree.

Yup, all about opinions! I don’t think it was daylight robbery, but equally, I genuinely think we offered the square root of fcuk-all, at home, against a team with two suspensions and a bagged manager - until the Main header was pushed wide, and what was, undoubtably, a fabulous cross and a fabulous finish by Shaughnessy.

Also, again just my opinion, until today I hadn’t made my mind up on this topic, but I have now - a fully fit Jon Obika would offer more than Curtis Main does. 

The goal from Shaughnessy papered over the cracks today. Another couple of weeks and we will most definitely be bottom of the league. There are no goals in the team, Main is absolutely horrific and should be chased out the door in January.

Goodwin must be very concerned as he signed the strikers who are clearly nowhere near up to the job.

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Thought we were dreadful until very late on, when Main managed a half-decent stooped header, and the superb cross and finish from Joe Shaughnessy, who looks a better bet up front than the lumbering Main, who couldn’t even control the ball and use his arse in a John McGinn style to hold the ball and bring our midfield into play. A midfield that was invisible, absolutely invisible. Until McGrath stepped up to duff a free kick into the stands, I had forgotten he was actually on the field. It wasn’t working, why it took Goodwin so long to see it wasn’t working is frankly beyond me.

Hibs weren’t great, but they didn’t have to be. They were comfortable until the final four minutes. Darren McGregor, who looks like he’s carrying a few pounds too many, strolled through proceedings with Main safely tucked in his back pocket.

The only positive was that we didn’t give up and got a point that our performance, from the team and manager, hardly merited.

We never give up but being honest you write a lot of shite. Sorry bud. 

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Yup, all about opinions! I don’t think it was daylight robbery, but equally, I genuinely think we offered the square root of fcuk-all, at home, against a team with two suspensions and a bagged manager - until the Main header was pushed wide, and what was, undoubtably, a fabulous cross and a fabulous finish by Shaughnessy.

Also, again just my opinion, until today I hadn’t made my mind up on this topic, but I have now - a fully fit Jon Obika would offer more than Curtis Main does. 

Sorry mate what a bag of keech. 

2 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

The goal from Shaughnessy papered over the cracks today. Another couple of weeks and we will most definitely be bottom of the league. There are no goals in the team, Main is absolutely horrific and should be chased out the door in January.

Goodwin must be very concerned as he signed the strikers who are clearly nowhere near up to the job.

What do you suggest seriously ? Who would you have  takevover from Goodwin  ?