St. Mirren v Hibernian

FT 1-1
Yeah probably about right. Hibs opener was good counter attacking move down our left. They then sat back and tried to see it out and we pushed them back gradually and deserved the equaliser.
Tanser (I think) to captain Joe again, the same combo which got the late equaliser at Road.
Said it before and will say it again, we don’t win games with Power and Flynn in midfield. Too old, too slow. Thought Flynn in particular was absolutely brutal today and we certainly improved when he got hooked. Get Ethan back in the team. Also thought McGrath had yet another poor game. Maybe we will get to keep him after all, if he keeps playing like that. His 20 yard Free kick that went about 10 yards over the bar summed him up today.
Best player was Tanser, everything good we did was through him.
Frustrating that the winless run continues, but it’s not a bad point when you look at the other results. Next up Celtic then Rangers, six points please.

1 minute ago, Lex said:

FT 1-1
Yeah probably about right. Hibs opener was good counter attacking move down our left. They then sat back and tried to see it out and we pushed them back gradually and deserved the equaliser.
Tanser (I think) to captain Joe again, the same combo which got the late equaliser at Road.
Said it before and will say it again, we don’t win games with Power and Flynn in midfield. Too old, too slow. Thought Flynn in particular was absolutely brutal today and we certainly improved when he got hooked. Get Ethan back in the team. Also thought McGrath had yet another poor game. Maybe we will get to keep him after all, if he keeps playing like that. His 20 yard Free kick that went about 10 yards over the bar summed him up today.
Best player was Tanser, everything good we did was through him.
Frustrating that the winless run continues, but it’s not a bad point when you look at the other results. Next up Celtic then Rangers, six points please.

Can't agree that we deserved a draw. I thought we were absolutely shite. 

1 minute ago, Lex said:

So were Hibs, right enough. Do any Hibees feel robbed after that?

Yeah, they weren't great and I'm happy we salvaged something. Feel it papers over the cracks a bit. Shaughnessy and Alnwick played well but other than that. Reckon we need a few decent players in in January. 

26 minutes ago, Lex said:

So were Hibs, right enough. Do any Hibees feel robbed after that?

No, we should have bought Shaugnessey after the last 87th minute goal against us.................

On the bright side, thank christ we didnt shell out actual cash on McGrath.

100% undefeated record by SDG.

20 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

No, we should have bought Shaugnessey after the last 87th minute goal against us.................

On the bright side, thank christ we didnt shell out actual cash on McGrath.

100% undefeated record by SDG.

To be fair shelling long balls up to Main doesn't suit McGrath's game. 

We looked much better when Ronan came on, he started to dictate play and McGrath came into it a wee bit. Tanser was immense the last 15 minutes. Power done well considering he was on a booking. 

Showed guts to fight back, took them a while to get going again but the minute these guys start downing tools i'll start to worry about Goodwin.

Clancy is a cock. That was never a dirty game but he had to book everyone else after dishing out the first yellow so early.

Thought we were terrible today, Power and Shaughnessy were the only players that had a good 90 minutes IMO. Dennis was good when he came on, Tanser at least tried to get balls in but he needs to get much more pace on them. Completely agree with Lex that Erhahon needs to be starting and Tait should be too since he at least gets in good attacking positions.

What frustrates me most is that you see a lot of our best players from last season have declined badly. McGrath has been anonymous for months aside from that Livi goal, Fraser is all over the place at the back and Alnwick’s kicking is hopeless. I don’t think Dunne or McAllister are up to it at this level either.

Poor Curtis Main, it's not going to happen for him. He looked utterly lost, constantly standing still waiting for the ball. It's a damming indictment of our strikers that the only decent bit of penalty box striker play came from Shaughnessy. It seemed to take Hibs by surprise.

If Jim is going to persist with the 3 at the back, then at least play them in the right positions. Fraser is so uncomfortable on the left, and Dunne is a bit of a bombscare in the middle at times. He's too flaky to be that exposed.

Clancy is an absolutely pathetic w**k of a man. Get him to f**k.

5 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Thought we were terrible today, Power and Shaughnessy were the only players that had a good 90 minutes IMO. Dennis was good when he came on, Tanser at least tried to get balls in but he needs to get much more pace on them. Completely agree with Lex that Erhahon needs to be starting and Tait should be too since he at least gets in good attacking positions.

What frustrates me most is that you see a lot of our best players from last season have declined badly. McGrath has been anonymous for months aside from that Livi goal, Fraser is all over the place at the back and Alnwick’s kicking is hopeless. I don’t think Dunne or McAllister are up to it at this level either.

If your playing 3 at the back is it any wonder Fraser is all over the place given Hibs pace in counter attacking.  Its quite easy to fix  playing 4-4-2 or even 4-5-1. 3-5-2 is not working Goodwin seems determined to stick with it. 

6 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

McAllister did create a bit more spark than Millar did, but watching him get out run by Stevenson who was tiring and has what, 10+ years on him? Isn't a great look.

Id actually have Jay Henderson have another go in the team. Fair enough his crossing was a bit poor but he did create and won us a couple of penalties early on in the season.

4 minutes ago, GAD said:

Poor Curtis Main, it's not going to happen for him. He looked utterly lost, constantly standing still waiting for the ball. It's a damming indictment of our strikers that the only decent bit of penalty box striker play came from Shaughnessy. It seemed to take Hibs by surprise.

If Jim is going to persist with the 3 at the back, then at least play them in the right positions. Fraser is so uncomfortable on the left, and Dunne is a bit of a bombscare in the middle at times. He's too flaky to be that exposed.

Aye, he did well with that header as well but no keeper in this league would let that in.

No confidence at all, even when it comes to movement and instinct in the box he is often found flat footed and too slow to react.

Id probably risk getting rid Erwin, Dennis and Main and using the money for 1 striker in January to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Aye, he did well with that header as well but no keeper in this league would let that in.

No confidence at all, even when it comes to movement and instinct in the box he is often found flat footed and too slow to react.

Id probably risk getting rid Erwin, Dennis and Main and using the money for 1 striker in January to be honest. 

Yeah, we could probably quite easily ship out all three, use the money to bring one and recall Jamieson in case of emergency.

2 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Aye, I agree. I don't think any of them are up to it. I have some sympathy with Main, he was very isolated up on his own but he wasn't even able to make a nuisance of himself. McGregor cruised it against him. 

8 minutes ago, GAD said:

I thought Dunne was decent today. 

Even though we probably deserved a draw, we created very few clear cut chances. 

Its going to be a very important transfer window coming up for whoever that's in charge. 

Thought we were dreadful until very late on, when Main managed a half-decent stooped header, and the superb cross and finish from Joe Shaughnessy, who looks a better bet up front than the lumbering Main, who couldn’t even control the ball and use his arse in a John McGinn style to hold the ball and bring our midfield into play. A midfield that was invisible, absolutely invisible. Until McGrath stepped up to duff a free kick into the stands, I had forgotten he was actually on the field. It wasn’t working, why it took Goodwin so long to see it wasn’t working is frankly beyond me.

Hibs weren’t great, but they didn’t have to be. They were comfortable until the final four minutes. Darren McGregor, who looks like he’s carrying a few pounds too many, strolled through proceedings with Main safely tucked in his back pocket.

The only positive was that we didn’t give up and got a point that our performance, from the team and manager, hardly merited.

19 minutes ago, Munoz said:

I thought Dunne was decent today. 

Even though we probably deserved a draw, we created very few clear cut chances. 

Its going to be a very important transfer window coming up for whoever that's in charge. 

I thought he was ok, but he's a bit flappy at times. A few fresh air swipes, some headers that went up instead of away. I think his main attributes in our team is that he's left footed, quick, and reasonably decent tackler one on one, and that playing on the left would suit him a lot better due to that.