St. Mirren v Hibernian

11 minutes ago, Brian Graham’s Lovely Hair said:

Macey 

McGregor

Gogic Newell

Allan Doyle-Hayes Doig

Boyle Nisbet Doidge Gullan

Looking forward to our groundbreaking 1-2-3-4 lineup tomorrow  

Groundbreaking indeed,  only 2 ex Saints players in that lineup. 

5 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Goodwin gets a convincing win he might be in the frame for the ER job.  Good guy, ticks some boxes. Would likely mean Jack Ross goes back to St Mirren also. 🤔

I'm surprised you let Ross go I get the frustration at the moment getting points for the table but is that not down to injuries and covid ? Given you had two cup finals along with finishing third and another cup final this season should Ross have been given more time ?  Think you will be lucky to find a manager who can deliver what Ross has achieved. I would take Ross back doubt the majority of Saints fans would given the way he left us . If someone is prepaid to pay you a life changing salary ( Sunderland) then I would drop everything and go at least that's how I see it. 

I would have most of the bench starting for The Buddies.

Except Erwin, obviously.  

Huge HUGE game for us today.  A chance for Goodwin to show that he's the manager and man that I think he is and outfox the cup final goal hero they have in the gig temporarily.

Should be a home win. 2-1 Saints. 

56 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:
Newell captain is a surprise. 

You can exclude almost everyone else for not being a guaranteed/regular starter, not being allowed on the pitch today, not having a serious/leaderlike demeanour or being a recent signing who's too new to know what Hibs are about.

If they hadn't already whittled the captaincy shortlist down to one with the above criteria, I'm guessing 'not likely to be playing half-cut' would have knocked Newell out of the running too.

Edited by Aim Here

Just now, Leith Green said:

In what is not a dirty match, this is certain to end up with a player going off as the ref has been yellow carding both sides for nothing tackles.

piss poor refereeing

Aye, Clancy does that all the time. Well I say all the time, he seems to calm it down for old firm games, as the game would get abandoned :lol:

HT 0-0
Wet, wild and windy here. Been a pretty low quality game, as expected. Hibs probably edged it, they started well and forced Alnwick into a couple of routine stops. Boyle been lively.
We then came back into it and had a few openings but haven’t really created a chance.