St. Mirren v Hibernian

• Lyle Lanley changed the title to St. Mirren v Hibernian
8 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Congratiions to your 3 points on Saturday Saints. 

Don’t be so silly m9, we will definitely be the better team but we’ll fail to take any of our chances and you’ll win it with a Martin Boyle penalty after he trips over his boot laces. 

Just now, Saint Shug said:

Don’t be so silly m9, we will definitely be the better team but we’ll fail to take any of our chances and you’ll win it with a Martin Boyle penalty after he trips over his boot laces. 

We will have Paul McGinn and Darren McGregor as our centre-backs at the weekend. You will win. 

Reasons we won't win on Saturday:

1) We are not capable of beating a Jack Ross team
2) We are not capable of scoring goals at home
3) We will likely be starting Curtis Main up front
4) We will likely be starting Charles Dunne in defence
5) Hibs have not won in about eleventy weeks and we just loooooove giving teams a boost
6) I am in hospitality and we never win when I am in hospitality. 

Happy fucking days, eh?

Even if we do win on Saturday, don't fucking @ me. I'll be pished and borderline comatose so won't care.

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Congratiions to your 3 points on Saturday Saints. 

Have a look at the first page or so of the ‘St Mirren v Dundee’ thread recently. Dundee fans saying exactly the same thing.

Stick-on 0-0 or 1-1 draw IMHO. All of our home games from now to the end of the season look like stick-on 0-0 or 1-1 draws… bar those against two certain opponents of an ugly sister nature. 

11 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Reasons we won't win on Saturday:

1) We are not capable of beating a Jack Ross team
2) We are not capable of scoring goals at home
3) We will likely be starting Curtis Main up front
4) We will likely be starting Charles Dunne in defence
5) Hibs have not won in about eleventy weeks and we just loooooove giving teams a boost
6) I am in hospitality and we never win when I am in hospitality. 

Happy fucking days, eh?

Even if we do win on Saturday, don't fucking @ me. I'll be pished and borderline comatose so won't care.

7) I am attending and haven't seen us win in person since December 29, 2019 - which is made even worse by the fact I was covering a few games at the start of last season.

Reading the thread you would think Ross and Goodwin will have time on the golf course together.  I hope not Goodwin might not be picking up wins just now he has built not a bad team a better team than I have seen at Saints in many a year. There is problems though. Playing three at the back is leaving us exposed. Before the Aberdeen game Stephen Glass said we can hurt them down the flanks he is right. The other problem is up front Goodwin recognises the latter but as yet not the three at the back is not working.  Was going to give this game a miss with shite weather  due on Saturday and crap transport links.  Now I'm going to make an effort and attend the game.  Hoping for a St Mirren win to help the journey home that bit easier.. 

Jim will stick to Plan A as there is no Plan B.

Wingbacks stuck too high up the park leaving the defence overrun. Only 1 forward in the penalty box trying to get on the end of overhit crosses. And for this week it is Curtis Main who couldn't score even if he was a yard from the goal-line. Really good playmakers in McGrath and Ronan watching the ball sail back and forth over their heads like a tennis match. We'll be a 0 and at worst Hibs will be a 0 as we attempt to get the Guinness Book of Records entry for most draws in a season. 0-0.

Edited by NorthBank