Danny has been under pressure recently but if we take recruitment out of the picture and look at only the coaching/management side of things we are in a remarkable position given the squad we have. It’s manager of the season stuff really….

If David Goodwillie could hit a penalty we would be level on points with ‘ambitious’ Queen’s Park. 

Really pleased with the 2nd half in particular - deserved the goal and defended the lead well. Set pieces still give me the fear though.

First time I’ve seen us win a league game since we beat Montrose in March 2020. Fitting it was another screamer that won us the game.

Great result is the best that can be said for the game. Alloa playing tippy-tappy passing with very little penetration (sound familiar Clyde fans?) and Clyde just chasing the ball around. Main observations from me are:

• Midfield has no eye for a quick through ball - which Goody is desperate for
  • Ally Love runs himself into the ground - great work ethic
  • Goody, at his height has infinitely more skill and ability at winning headers and holding off big lump defenders than his 6' 7" "strike partner" - it was a masterclass today from DGW on how to win. hold up and release the ball. Jones, just no. I can't even say he ran his socks off like Love. Two decent traps of the ball in 90 mins does not a good performance make.
  • Richie saying that Connor Sammon makes him look handsome is really stretching things  

1 hour ago, bhoonaman said:

Great result is the best that can be said for the game. Alloa playing tippy-tappy passing with very little penetration (sound familiar Clyde fans?) and Clyde just chasing the ball around. Main observations from me are:

• Midfield has no eye for a quick through ball - which Goody is desperate for
  • Ally Love runs himself into the ground - great work ethic
  • Goody, at his height has infinitely more skill and ability at winning headers and holding off big lump defenders than his 6' 7" "strike partner" - it was a masterclass today from DGW on how to win. hold up and release the ball. Jones, just no. I can't even say he ran his socks off like Love. Two decent traps of the ball in 90 mins does not a good performance make.
  • Richie saying that Connor Sammon makes him look handsome is really stretching things  

Take it Richie had a few libations before the game?

Three bits of quality in that game:

• Neil Parry's outstanding sprawling save to keep it at 0-0
  • An excellent strike from Ally Love for the only goal, a well overdue attacking contribution from him
  • David Goodwillie's overall performance. It hits home how good he is when you see an on form, talented striker at the other end who isn't anywhere near the same class.

Alloa's game plan in the first half seemed to be to control possession and catch us out by switching play. In fairness, I felt it worked at times. Docherty started off poorly, and Livingstone got caught out on a couple of occasions. They appeared to have a good chance from a set piece but my view was obscured by a metal pole. The best opportunity probably fell to Jones who went straight down the middle of the pitch but produced a pathetic attempted lob that bounced its way towards Hutton. A brilliant solo run from Goodwillie in there as well.

The second half I thought we countered well at the start and whilst we were lucky that Parry made a superb save with the Alloa player unmarked inside the box, Goodwillie had a couple of decent efforts on goal before Love's strike. After that, we basically challenged Alloa to break us down and they pretty much ran out of ideas, bar an occasional threat from Taggart. 

Fair play to Danny Lennon and the players. He gets a hardworking shift out of his team, and for just about the first time that included Jones. Page has been a real positive since he returned; he's definitely been more of the player that was at EF than the dud that went to Airdrie/Brechin. There was a much better performance from Gomis today as well. It wasn't a glamorous performance but given what we have at our disposal, we gave ourselves a chance to win.

Two wins and three draws against the rest of the bottom half (and QP) is a great return in all honesty. Especially given that we fell behind to a last minute goal in one game and were 2-0 down in another.

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

65 fans watching the stream today from 9 countries

Can't be the only one a bit surprised by that. Probably most of them using VPNs though, right?

Nice thought it is to think of a wide spread of Wasps across the globe.

Well done the Bully Wee. Some great results (bar the cup) in recent weeks and a good chance of consolidating in League One.

Lennon may have his critics and as seems to be the consensus his acquisitions have not been good (is that his fault or a lack of funds?) but he really gets the most out of the team, seems passionate and is clearly a good motivator. How many times have Clyde looked dead and buried to salvage something. Great team spirit and upwards and onwards.

58 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Can't be the only one a bit surprised by that. Probably most of them using VPNs though, right?

Nice thought it is to think of a wide spread of Wasps across the globe.

Certainly a couple from North America are legitimately tuning in from their locale. If I looked through there's more than likely 3/4 english people but I'd still class them as world wide wasps😅

An amazing goal from Ally Love.  It was great to see what it meant to him, and great to see him see what it meant to us, the fans.  One of the hardest working players I have ever seem in a Clyde jersey.  Jones was better in that he had two good touches all game.   That does not make him good.  He is still like Bambi on ice.  

Great travelling support today, and happy to part with the £18 to see these points secured.  Anyone know how many of us travelled through?  

Was very disappointed in the result yesterday and have slept on it to allow some calmer reflection.
We played some fantastic football yesterday, using the wide players effectively, created enough chances to easily win that game and really limited Clyde to very few goal scoring opportunities.
What went wrong for us?
Some great saves, some poor finishing, the woodwork, goal line clearances and a fantastic strike from Love.
I thought that our set up prior to going behind was working and really felt a goal was coming. However, when going behind and Clyde making substitutions and taking a striker off to go 5 at the back I am at a loss to explain why Ferguson didn’t change our formation and personnel to get at them. Almost twenty minutes after their goal for us to make a substitution and it’s an offensive player for another. We shouldn’t need four defenders and two defensive midfielders when Clyde had one man up, we should have been set up to have a real go. Another showing of Fergusons inability/unwillingness to adapt to changing circumstances during the game. Sometimes you need need to go to plan B and it seems he doesn’t have one.
I am genuinely worried we are going to be drawn into the relegation battle and Barry Ferguson isn’t someone our players can look too for inspiration, support or leadership. He’s under achieving massively with this squad and should concentrate on his punditry.
We need someone in charge who can make Alloa a good team to come and play for and also engage with the supporters. There’s just been a bad feeling about the place since he came in, fans feel /ignored and players disciplinary record has been poor. Coincidence? I think not.
Get a decent gaffer in before the transfer window in January.

1 hour ago, Scott-Replay said:

I think those highlights sum up what Neil Parry brings to the table. I’ve seen a few fans who seem to think he’s rubbish but he had some great saves in there.

He's thrown a couple in but so did Mitchell. Really don't understand folk on here or twitter who slate him every week. I shudder to think what goalkeepers were available to sign other than him.

Ferguson only did well at Kelty because their budget was miles ahead of anyone else and he was signing guys from the championship and below. He is a complete diddy as a manager, used over 100 players in 3 seasons at us. Tells you all you need to know. 

Some strike from Love to win it though.