SC 4th Round: Motherwell Vs Morton...... Again

Phillips455

Had no problem with our bookings in the first half but that was one of the most frustrating refereeing performances I've ever seen live. Absolutely loved the sound of his own whistle and the decisions became more and more peculiar as the match went on. 

Can't fault the players for their effort. They were absolutely out on their feet by the end. I've been shouting all season for McLean not to just boot it away when it comes to him and the one time he decides not to do it is the time that he chooses not to. 

Still it's progress from the gus era, and a further strengthening of the fractured bond between fans, player and club. 

Trying to look at the positives, in the grand scheme of things taking Motherwell to extra time and taking the lead as well is a massive cause for optimism. If we're competing against a team of that calibre, even when they're having an off day, we can compete with anyone in the Championship.

I'm saying it every week but the transformation of those players from a rabble who mostly didn't look good enough for the Championship in such a short space of time is something else.

Edited by Dunning1874

Took the rope a dope tactic a bit too far, but the barrage in the second half of extras was too much for them in the end. Nice to see Donnelly get one after his time out with injury. Tierney looks fun.

Both teams had attacking moments, with us crossing the ball to invisible people, and Morton firing their shot right at Kelly. The ref seemed to give those two morton guys immunity after their bookings, but it thankfully didn't cost us. Carroll and McGinley are the worst at giving up when the ball gets past them, but it still took a good finish from muirhead. I think we might have had a harder time if he had started.

Now to get the hardest possible draw for the next round.