SC 4th Round: Motherwell Vs Morton...... Again

Phillips455

30 minutes ago, ropy said:

Apologies for my lack of knowledge but do Morton have any players to look out for?  A prolific striker, a mercurial winger, an imposing defender?

Gavin Reilly is currently channeling Beppe Signori in front of goal (limited time offer only) and his strike partner Gozie Ugwu will give Motherwell's defence a physical contest. 

No obvious stars in the outfield line-up. For any result we'll be relying on Jack Hamilton to put his shot-stopping ability to good use, as opposed to his comparable skill at 'chucking crosses into the net' throughout his career. He has been generally excellent this season but has had a few hapless wobbles too - he wouldn't be playing at Championship level if he didn't. 

58 minutes ago, ropy said:

Apologies for my lack of knowledge but do Morton have any players to look out for?  A prolific striker, a mercurial winger, an imposing defender?

Lewis Strapp will go right through his own granny to get the ball and then will chuck it 40 yards into the penalty box from the resulting throw-in.

5 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Lewis Strapp will go right through his own granny to get the ball and then will chuck it 40 yards into the penalty box from the resulting throw-in.

If he can chuck it 40 yards, do you place your tallest player 45 yards away like we do?

It'll not be easy tomorrow as Morton are in better shape at the moment but in some ways, I feel more confident after we made an arse of it on Tuesday - I doubt anyone in the squad will want to see Alexander in that mood again. 

Interesting to see if the mistake from McGinley and the old-skool Mugabe performance are enough to cost them their place in defence - it feels like if you have a squad and genuine competition for places that we do, that being pish has some consequences. A lot might depend on whether Ojala is finally fit.

I'd like to see Slattery and/or Cornelius back in the team as it's not obvious to me why either of them have dropped out.  

Up front feels like it will be same again, especially as Roberts scored that belter on Tueday.

It's the cup, I don't care if it's a 6-0 or through on penalties but it's time we had a decent run again....

Well NHS Scotland have truely scuppered any chance of my physical attendance on Saturday.

Read the app comments, made sure I used chrome but no validation success and doubt if paper passport will arrive on time.

So need the streaming option. Is this available tomorrow or do I have to wait until the replay to see our centenary heroes advance to the next round.

41 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Well NHS Scotland have truely scuppered any chance of my physical attendance on Saturday.

Read the app comments, made sure I used chrome but no validation success and doubt if paper passport will arrive on time.

So need the streaming option. Is this available tomorrow or do I have to wait until the replay to see our centenary heroes advance to the next round.

Go to club website (GMFC) for a link.

1 hour ago, Paisley Ton said:

I'm pretty sure it's vaccinated or in the presence of a negative lateral flow test. So surely if you do a test and register it on the NHS site, you'd be golden?

4 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

No replays from 4th round onwards I'm afraid, this is a one off gig. It's the cup though, we're allowed to dream.

4 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

If you can order a paper copy then you can download a PDF surely?

I'm feeling slightly less confident about this after our howler in midweek. Hopefully make a few changes: Carroll has to come in for McGinley and Slattery should be starting again aswell. I don't think our midfield has been the same when he hasn't started. Any idea if Shaw and/or Tierney are available for this one? Front 3 stays the same from midweek.

36 minutes ago, AdamMFC said:

I'm feeling slightly less confident about this after our howler in midweek. Hopefully make a few changes: Carroll has to come in for McGinley and Slattery should be starting again aswell. I don't think our midfield has been the same when he hasn't started. Any idea if Shaw and/or Tierney are available for this one? Front 3 stays the same from midweek.

I was confident we’d bounce back with a win here but got to admit I’ve got the fear a bit now after seeing that team. 

Obviously no idea of who’s fit or who’s got knocks etc but having your best centre back, best central midfielder and best striker all sitting on the bench seems like a bold strategy. Good to see Shaw and Tierney involved though. 

Edited by Casagolda

2 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

I was confident we’d bounce back with a win here but got to admit I’ve got the fear a bit now after seeing that team. 

Obviously no idea of who’s fit or who’s got knocks etc but having your best centre back, best central midfielder and best striker all sitting on the bench seems like a bold strategy. Good to see Shaw and Tierney involved though. 

Indeed.

And McGinley keeps his place.  🤦‍♂️