SC 4th Round: Motherwell Vs Morton...... Again

Phillips455

Well who could have predicted a Motherwell Vs Morton game in the cups eh?

Update: confirmed that this game is not on TV. Kick off is 3pm on Saturday 22nd January 2022. Tickets are on sale for £15 for Adults, £10 for concessions and £5 for 15 and under.

Both home and away tickets can be bought through their respective links here: https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2021/12/13/tickets-on-sale-for-morton-cup-clash/

If it is beingnshown on PPV then you should be able to watch it here:

https://ppv.motherwellfc.co.uk/

League pricing is usually £12 but cups are a bit different so we will have to wait and see if there will be a stream and what price it will be (I bet it will be £10).

Everyone? Well whatever. Hopefully we will be in good shape for this match and it won't be like the Dundee United game the other week with a flooded pitch.

The head to head, while on the surface looking to be very 1 sided, it does matter as much.

Screenshot_20211207-215441_Firefox.thumb.jpg.954b1f3abe96487055b270dc5c1eebf4.jpg

Sure we have won most of the past matches but we did end up drawing at home in the scottish cup only 8 months ago so I wouldn't say its a certainty (even with Mortons current woes). Its a one off tie so anything can happen.

Hopefully our good form will continue into December and January for this year's tournament and we get to the Semis or possible final.

I predict a 2-0 home victory

Edited by Phillips455
Updated kick off time and Ticket prices

Happy it is Greenock Morton. Based on current form and league placings, but also as there should be a decent crowd omicron Covid and weather permitting ! 

Plus as GA was involved in a tight 1-1 draw last year he will know fully what to expect. We have a better team this season and our form is better also at the moment. But I expect a tough game.

The fact we don’t play a competitive game for a few weeks is not a leveller as such, but it certainly hinders the top flight side v Championship team. Hopefully get a bounce game organised in the run up. 

8 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

That is good news that PL teams are having a winter shutdown.

Seem to remember Kilmarnock and Dundee sighting that as reason they got dumped out by the mightly Ton.

100 years on ,it's in the stars.

The last time we played the “mighty Ton” in the Scottish Cup, you were swiftly despatched 5-1. 

That is good news that PL teams are having a winter shutdown.
Seem to remember Kilmarnock and Dundee sighting that as reason they got dumped out by the mightly Ton.
100 years on ,it's in the stars.

There wasn't a winter break the year you beat us in the cup so I think you've made that up in your head.

11 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:
21 hours ago, virginton said:
Nothing says 'the romance of the Scottish Cup' quite like a routine tanking in a town whose claim to fame is the railway station lift where local siblings got caught pumping each other.

Let the slagging of each other's shit-holes commence!

I had to look the story up. A truly horrendous story. I'm unsure whether the deviant sexual act or the pitchfork wielding mob that drove them from their home is the more harrowing detail. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/12/2021 at 22:07, virginton said:

Nothing says 'the romance of the Scottish Cup' quite like a routine tanking in a town whose claim to fame is the railway station lift where local siblings got caught pumping each other.

I remember that story, a couple of out of towners, Rangers fans I believe, being taken by the romance in the North Lanarkshire air.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

I remember that story, a couple of out of towners, Rangers fans I believe, being taken by the romance in the North Lanarkshire air.

They were from Lesmahagow IIRC, which still just about counts as Motherwell's catchment area of shame. 

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

They were from Lesmahagow IIRC, which still just about counts as Motherwell's catchment area of shame. 

Sadly that doesn’t guarantee a fondness for the team from Fir Park.

i believe Lesmahagow is in South Lanarkshire so we can leave that to our neighbours in Hamilton.

Edited by ropy

5 hours ago, ropy said:

Sadly that doesn’t guarantee a fondness for the team from Fir Park.

i believe Lesmahagow is in South Lanarkshire so we can leave that to our neighbours in Hamilton.

Hamilton's catchment area doesn't get beyond the retail park at the ground.

Motherwell's excellent league record and track record of bodying us at Fir Park has to be respected, but from the outside they seem a strangely boom/bust team under Robinson. They even nearly contrived to lose this tie to a Gus fucking McPherson side last season. 

Motherwell will be rightly favourites to progress but we can now travel in some hope of a performance to do ourselves justice, and if we catch the home side cold then an upset is possible. Which could not have been said had that gutless slaphead stayed in charge. 

Spoiler

Cue 5-0 shame game. 

Edited by vikingTON