21 minutes ago, AJF said:

I'm sure you are supposed to get a ban if a dive wins a penalty or gets a player sent off, regardless if they score so he may get a ban yet.

Theoretically yes but it generally only happens if it’s in the spotlight, the miss probably reduces that.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Hahaha. He had no idea the striker was there. If he wasn't trying to play the ball then I don't know what else he could be doing.

I've not seen it to be fair. I'd be inclined to trust your opinion as a neutral observer, just thought it was funny the timing of the two polar opposite comments 🤣

Just now, AJF said:

I've not seen it to be fair. I'd be inclined to trust your opinion as a neutral observer, just thought it was funny the timing of the two polar opposite comments 🤣

Did afford a chuckle as I saw the other reactions coming in.

To me it's a genuine attempt to play the ball so no red. I say that as someone hoping for a Livi win.

5 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Is it only a red for denying a goalscoring opportunity it there's no attempt to play the ball?

Will stand corrected if so.

That is only if it is in the box. the penalty is deemed sufficient punishment.

Outside the box denying a goalscoring opportunity is still a red card whether you attempt to play the ball or not.

I think the Livi player controlled the ball and was going to get a clean shot at goal.

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost

3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Outside the box denying a goalscoring opportunity is still a red card whether you attempt to play the ball or not.

I think the Livi player controlled the ball and was going to get a clean shot at goal.

Agreed.

4 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Outside the box denying a goalscoring opportunity is still a red card.

If that's the case then it's an obvious red.