Queens v Cove Rangers

Greenacres

As expected it was a difficult tie at Cove .

Hopefully with home advantage we will get into the next round but we will have to be at our best .

I expect the team will be the same as the Morton game as Roberto and Innes Cameron will not be available .

2 hours ago, QOSQOS said:

Given weather forecast, is there any doubt re this game? Palmie will be playable, it’s just all the travelling I was thinking about.

Although first game went ahead in similar circumstances…..

Aye, the forecast has a lot of snow for the Beattock area between about 2pm and 4pm. It looks like they would be best travelling down early, maybe aim to be in Dumfries for lunch time. Not sure how practical that is. And, of course, the timing of when the snow will arrive can’t always be predicted accurately.

Eta the Met Office forecast has wind gusts of about 35mph at KO. The BBC has them at about 58mph. If the BBC forecast is right, that is probably close to being unplayable.

Edited by Flash

Yep, Storm Barra arrives tomorrow. Will be a rough journey down for Cove. If they do make it down ok, the game conditions will be pretty shit .... not exactly conducive to either a decent game or a decent attendance. Given this I'm sure the SFA will wait until 5 mins before kickoff to make any decision as per ....

57 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Yep, Storm Barra arrives tomorrow. Will be a rough journey down for Cove. If they do make it down ok, the game conditions will be pretty shit .... not exactly conducive to either a decent game or a decent attendance. Given this I'm sure the SFA will wait until 5 mins before kickoff to make any decision as per ....

15 minutes at least please, it would save me leaving the house. 

5 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

It’s actually incredible that the SFA, after a monumental number of weather related cock ups over the decades still haven’t implemented a sensible set of rules for extreme weather conditions. It is always argued that weather conditions of the type predicted may not actually materialise but these “named storms” have a very high accuracy threshold and it is ludicrous to ask the visitors, and any fans daft enough to contemplate travelling (idiots like me I mean) to risk it. The game itself may well go ahead but it is likely to be a farce and with plenty of alternative dates in the calendar an early postponement is the only sensible option but the word sensible and the SFA just don’t go together.

53 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Weather is OK in Dumfries, sure Game will be On, forecast looks OK for later too. 

^^^Surely a whoosh. It's blawin'  a gale and peeing down rain/sleet and it'll probably turn to snaw later. It'll be a farce if conditions stay like this and the game goes ahead. 

5 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Weather is still OK in Dumfries, litlle windy but dry. The big concern could be the roads further north for the players and officials travelling to Dumfries. 

Been snowing big flakes most of the day and blowing a gale in South Lanarkshire, not really lying though (200m above sea level here). Could be lying up around Abington and Elvanfoot on the M74 though.

Good to hear it's fine down in the tropics though. 😏