Raith Rovers v Kilmarnock - 11/12/21

What a win. Not pretty but effective. At the time I thought the penalty award was fortunate, but looking back at that video it’s an absolute stonewaller. Thought Kilmarnock looked a bit toothless up front. Never really threatened to score. The return from the second quarter is fantastic. Win next week and it’s even better. Absolutely adore this team. 

15 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Sour grapes from Tommy Wright in his post match interview.

I've not read this thread, but according to the Killie forum he was cupping his ears and clapping the Kilmarnock fans as they were shouting GTF at him.

Top class shithousery from the fat grass.

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've not read this thread, but according to the Killie forum he was cupping his ears and clapping the Kilmarnock fans as they were shouting GTF at him.

Top class shithousery from the fat grass.

Peter Grant giving the fans a wee clap as they roasted him immediately preceded the mad Dunfermline statement calling out their supporters. I hope we get a similar Killie statement today. 

As for the penalty, McGlynn's clarified his comments a wee bit in his Courier interview this morning.

_20211212_092554.thumb.JPG.adc44dcd015aa5c7f84baa1b5755ec0f.JPG_20211212_092623.thumb.JPG.bcca5f4586fdc334c58fbd35fac7be05.JPG

I enjoy the diplomacy in his subtle switch from "I told Tommy..." to "their bench have jumped...". Stops short of actively calling Tommy Wright a haver, although he clearly is one.

10 hours ago, Roath Raver said:

Highlights for this weekend.

Going by the highlights KFC were playing okay but losing the first goal they just cannot find a way back. Rinse and repeat...

7 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

I used to enjoy being in this Division back in the day.

Much like us with league one (and what Falkirk are experiencing at the moment). You think it'll be a fun experience to go to some grounds your team hasn't played at for years, but then all of a sudden the games are of a poorer quality, and the football isn't nearly as open. If Killie win this season, it will feel like they've done their job. If your opponents win, they'll see it as a scalp. It won't help that there's been a real drop in standard in the players who have been brought in. Even before yesterday, most Rovers fans I spoke to were confident of a win and thought Killie were there for the taking. 

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Much like us with league one (and what Falkirk are experiencing at the moment). You think it'll be a fun experience to go to some grounds your team hasn't played at for years, but then all of a sudden the games are of a poorer quality, and the football isn't nearly as open. If Killie win this season, it will feel like they've done their job. If your opponents win, they'll see it as a scalp. It won't help that there's been a real drop in standard in the players who have been brought in. Even before yesterday, most Rovers fans I spoke to were confident of a win and thought Killie were there for the taking. 

I feel that the biggest issue is that we are of a poorer quality rather than the games, this shower are making me miss Tommy Tait & Sid Porteous.

14 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

I feel that the biggest issue is that we are of a poorer quality rather than the games, this shower are making me miss Tommy Tait & Sid Porteous.

There used to be an old guy in the east stand that would spend the entire game shouting "f**k sake Tait" 

15 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

The celebrations at the end were something else.

There’s a strong connection with fans now. Something that’s been missed for a long time. The club should feel immensely proud of that fact. 15 games unbeaten is tremendous 

42 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

The celebrations at the end were something else.

Sometimes, you see some over the top celebrations from teams and it comes back to bite them in the arse - there's probably folk saying "they're acting like they've won the league" but the context of this is important. We lost Spencer to injury in a horrible incident last week so you'd imagine the mood might not have been the best. But they went out and got the job done - the last ten minutes was full of Rovers players chucking themselves at crosses and shots. To get up to 15 games unbeaten at any level is tremendous - to do it with our resources is frankly absurd. 

Have to say, I really hope Raith TV keep the pitch side camera. Motherwell have folk on the pitch immediately after games with cameras and it really adds a rawness to the footage. It's perfect for stuff lime the penalty incident yesterday, where it clears up beyond doubt that (and I can't believe I'm saying this) that Collum got the call spot on. 

13 hours ago, TxRover said:

I’d love to see him get a full half+ sometime before Tait leaves. He will have flaws and weaknesses, but right now he is very reminiscent of Dylan trying to break into the first team. Where I had previously suggested that Arnott might go out on loan to a League One team after January, I cannot see that happening now, as he clearly appears ready for this level from limited viewing.

I agree and yeah would like to see him get some more game time as well 

Pretty awful game really, played like a cup final with 2 evenly matched teams apparently more concerned about losing than winning (at least until the penalty).

Defences both well on top and with both Berra and Lang picking up the MotM awards it tells its own story. Hemming didn't have a save to make other than the penalty, it was our only shot on target and MacDonald was clearly the busier of the two.

On the penalty, it was the correct decision as Varian was in on goal had the ball not been stopped illegally, I thought Zanatta's strike most unconvincing. Some awful shooting and too many times we took the wrong option but who care a win is a win.

Tom Lang is an amazing find as could be young Arron Arnott. Incidentally I think  Arnott came on for Tait as he had taken a knock just before that. Regan Hendry is supposedly quoted as saying Arnott is the best player he's ever seen at that age, he looks an outstanding prospect.

I reckon he'll more than fill Dylan Tait's boots and in time will make Rovers more money than the combined transfers of Bowie and Tait.

Edited by Scottydog

4 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Listened to his interview what’s he on about. 

Also mentioned the game v us somehow too like they were really unlucky but I’d say we edged it. 

Guys lost it and seems like an angry guy.