Raith Rovers v Kilmarnock - 11/12/21

Tremendous stuff. I thought it was a decent game - both teams tried to play some good football. Killie are a bit more direct than ourselves and we effectively shut up shop with ten minutes to go looking for counter attacks. As the full time whistle blew, Aaron Arnott had just shrugged off a defender to break through one on one. We didn't create much today, but looked very assured for most of the match. Berra and Lang have formed an outstanding partnership at the back. Jamie MacDonald is worth his weight in gold too. After a few seasons where we've had dross goalkeepers it's nice to have someone assured at the back. 

Further forward, both I felt Ross and Connolly had very good games today. We really missed Aidan last week, and with Ethan Ross, he just continues to look like an absolutely pivotal signing. A player of his quality shouldn't be at this level - we've got exceptionally lucky that the situation has occurred where it didn't quite work out in trials down south. To get him on a three year deal is one of the best bits of business we've done in recent years. 

The scenes at full time were fantastic. We're 15 unbeaten, we've chucked everything to get that win today against one of our rivals at the top end of the league, and the players were absolutely loving it. It's been a tough week finding out Spencer's injury will be for months rather than weeks which probably added to it too. 

Christophe Berra is an absolute class act, nothing was getting past him and Gorgeous Gussie (Lang).  Well done to the team today, they dug deep and we're still only a point from ICT at the top.  Kilmarnock didn't seem to have the finishing touch, Mr Wright's jaiket on a shoogly nail I would think😳

13 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
57 minutes ago, bagpuss said:
Very soft penalty to win it but I'll take it. Collum was useless. Is he really one of the best refs in Scotland?

Looked a clear pen to me. Surprised some folk were surprised.

Yep, me to, see above

That was like a throw back to the first McGlynn era in terms of backing ourselves to keep a clean sheet and defending everything that came into the box. 

Berra was absolutely outstanding. Faultless as far as I can recall. Lang wasn't far behind either. 

Tremendous scenes at the end of the game as well. It felt like we'd won the league. Great to see such a bond with the fans. 

Mr Wright's jaiket on a shoogly nail I would think[emoji15]

Probably not helped by him applauding the fans when they were singing “Tommy, Tommy get to f**k”
Not a lot of opportunities for both sides. Was a bit worried when Zannata stepped up, but he put it away well. You could see after that he was a bit more confident, playing a bit better than he had in the 1st half. Echo everyone saying about Lang and Berra. Bothe were immense today.

Can't be arsed checking but Euan Murray surely has a miserable record against us since he gave up football and moved to East End.

He’s only won once against us and it was the 4-1 game earlier this year at East End when we were completely decimated with injuries.

I’ve no idea how many games he’s played though against us since he left. Must be more than 10 though

Tam Lang is fast becoming my favourite player. If he's not heidering everything in sight or crashing through people on the touchline, he's waltzing through the opposition midfield. He had to be patient to get his chance in the side, but he's absolutely grabbed it with both hands. 

I'm sure Ricky Little and Tam O'Brien would want a fight about it (and boy is that a fight I would watch), but Berra and Lang are surely the best defensive partnership in the division on current form. 

Tommy Wright applauding the chanting was surely the nail on the coffin to unshoogle the peg.

We were right in the corner so seen the handball fairly close and was pretty blatant. I really wanted Ross to take it but fair play to Dario for squeezing it under the keeper.

The defending today was great. Signified by the 2 MOM awards for both centre halfs. 

Saw the first half at work (streaming is great for us shift staff) drove down at half time and in for the second. Without the streaming option there us no way I'd be this engaged. Killie I thought had the best chances from open play in the first half but were wasteful. I'm convinced despite 15 game run Rovers are capable of better and thats not intended as a criticism. 

Get well soon Raithie. As others have said it was a stonewall penalty, defenders arm outstretched ball hit his hand or he played the ball with his hand whichever way you look at it Precious had an easy decision . The team struggled at times but that was due to Killie pressuring us,  which was to be expected. I thought after half-time we were the better side but still had a few scary moments. Anyway looking forwards to Firhill next week and the magic curry pies f they still do them.