Raith Rovers v Kilmarnock - 11/12/21

36 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

I think your ok with the Novar but not sure about the High Street best give them a call I think they have a web page that'll give you contact details. There is also parking at the Beveridge Park a 5 minute walk to the pub. I am almost certain the Novar is ok for kids but it does get busy so best to go a wee bit earlier.

Cheers, we should be there for lunchtime. 

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Not for those who have had to watch the Pars this year...

Like every team we have plenty of absolute weapons in our support who think getting fleeced every week to watch utter pish gives them Most Special Loyal Fan points.

I’ll always enjoy football itself over any individual club.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We are rank rotten, zero fight and a manager with one idea - lump it long. 

Any pub recommendations? Not been through for a boozer since the Scottish Cup game maybe 15 years ago! Only other time i can recall since then was midweek, our minibus broke down and we arrived about 30 mins into the game (and lost)

Used to be a decent fixture in the early/mid 90s.

Plenty choice at that end of the High Street

Novar, as mentioned Rovers fans main pub but away fans are welcome does food but might need to book

Duchess, pub restaurant 

O’Connells pub restaurant mostly a late night bar

Penny Farthing, small pub with lots of character.

The Exchequer, standard pub grub with live sports. 

Only one I think you wouldn’t take kids in is the Penny as it’s a pub and doesn’t do food. Rest should be fine for any Killie fans looking for food or drinks. To get to the Stadium you can go straight along Link Street and up Pratt Street that’s the Home end or cut up Milton Road and walk down Pratt Street (Away end).  

On 05/12/2021 at 17:43, Scary Bear said:

I recall the 92/93 season when the chant was “10 points behind us, you’re only 10 points behind us”. 

We haven’t played a league game against Kilmarnock at Stark’s Park since 1997. That kind of shows where we’ve both been for the last 25 years. Such is life.

Brad Spencer going off injured at Arbroath means we are really struggling for midfielders. I wonder how John McGlynn will sort that out?

Hopefully we can get back to winning ways. 2-1 Rovers.

FFS - I was at that game, which we lost.   Can't believe that was over 24 years ago. 

Like every team we have plenty of absolute weapons in our support who think getting fleeced every week to watch utter pish gives them Most Special Loyal Fan points.
I’ll always enjoy football itself over any individual club.

That John Hughes bounce has lasted long.

48 minutes ago, Kettleflyer said:

Any killie fans bring up 12 of the famous pies, will buy them 

I'm sure I've seen them in Aldi or Lidl.

Had you been at Arbroath on Saturday you could have picked up a better quality pie from Clarks.

4 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Plenty choice at that end of the High Street

Novar, as mentioned Rovers fans main pub but away fans are welcome does food but might need to book

Duchess, pub restaurant 

O’Connells pub restaurant mostly a late night bar

Penny Farthing, small pub with lots of character.

The Exchequer, standard pub grub with live sports. 

Only one I think you wouldn’t take kids in is the Penny as it’s a pub and doesn’t do food. Rest should be fine for any Killie fans looking for food or drinks. To get to the Stadium you can go straight along Link Street and up Pratt Street that’s the Home end or cut up Milton Road and walk down Pratt Street (Away end).  

Cheers mate.  Bus driver had mentioned The Exchequer.

Exchequer pretty much a template pub. Often has big screen on with obvious food options and beers. Plenty space though. Novar is a better bet all round. Good food, good atmosphere and 10 mins from ground. You'd be welcome there. Exchequer wouldn't care.

9 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Not a fan of the Exchequer. As others have said it’s a pretty bland place. The Novar is definitely the best football pub option. A good alternative if you’re bringing kids is The Duchess. Less of a football pub, but a nice place with plenty of space.