Dunfermline vs Queen of the South

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Alex Cooper - son of Neale Cooper, legendary hard man for Aberdeen (for those of a certain vintage) ....

Disappointed thought the tannoy announced Alice Cooper. But yeh getting it up a bunch of under 12s was weird behaviour.

6 minutes ago, chicharreros said:

They’re also human beings. 

And I imagine almost all are lovely human beings, with a fair few being absolutely excellent people who do a lot for others.

None of that changes that most are howling jobbers and/or shitebags as football players.

Just now, 101 said:

Disappointed thought the tannoy announced Alice Cooper. But yeh getting it up a bunch of under 12s was weird behaviour.

His old man played for us. Some of the more unfavourable among our support called him 'Carthorse Cooper'. I found that harsh and thought he was decent.

To be fair, I was looking at your goals from a Pars perspective, where I’ve watched us make the same defensive mistakes all season and seen everyone all over the place defensively far too many times. Being really sloppy in our own half has been the running theme under Yogi and that’s why I’m pinning the blame on us for the Queens goals. When I watch it back, I might appreciate some of your play better in the lead up to goals, but my memory from the game was certainly that they all involved huge errors in us gifting possession to Queens in our half and/or really poor defensive decision making/positioning.

Cracking finish for the second, absolutely. I’m not trying to take anything away from that. But Dorrans (I think it was him) should never be giving the ball away there. He did the same to see us get knocked out the cup too, just a couple of weeks ago. We were so sloppy with the ball in our own half and that’s been happening for 3 weeks in a row now (and earlier in the season under Grant).

I believe it was Kyle MacDonald that played the horror pass, although it’s usually Dorrans making that sort of mistake so I can see why you’d think that.

Ever since Dorrans’ pass through our defence at Ibrox it’s felt like we’ve gifted an opportunity like that in virtually every game and it’s always soul destroying.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyway, the bottom half of this league is hideous and should all be flushed down to League 1. An absolutely howling bag of pish packed with disgraceful jobbers and shitebags.

And a Merry Christmas and New year to you too.

It was McDonald that gave that shite pass for the QOS second goal. He was awful the whole match

Today was just a continuation of the Peter Grant era. Defensively shambolic throughout. We had nothing from midfield either.  God we need fresh blood in the midfield. Utter dung we have in the middle of the park.

McCann was superb. I thought the guy did the work of two men today. He was left hung out to dry with that shambles of a set-up from Yogi and still managed to score a goal. He ruffled up defenders and held the ball up as best he could.  Totally let down by his manger and team mates.

Fucking disgrace of a performance.

Edited by Chubbychops

It’s probably a sad reflection of our season that I was content to see we didn’t lose. There is some semblance of fight to be able to grab a point despite being behind THREE TIMES.

Kyle MacDonald is absolutely fucking pish as a right winger. He was atrocious at Hamilton last week as well.

I’d agree about the bottom five clubs in this league; not one of us deserves to play in the Championship next season based on our 17 games so far.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Presumably you were there in person and had a different angle? On the stream coverage it looked a tremendous tackle from East. This is the one he pulled up with cramp after? 

Despite our defensive set piece frailties I have to say that East was superb today.  You couldn't ask for more from a guy who only found out he was in the starting line-up a few minutes before kick-off and who has only played half a dozen games in the back line in his career.  If AJ persists in playing Nditi as a defensive midfielder I'd be more than happy for East to take his place at centre-back.

ETA especially if he keeps Debayo out.

Edited by Slipmat

It was McDonald that gave that shite pass for the QOS second goal. He was awful the whole match
Today was just a continuation of the Peter Grant era. Defensively shambolic throughout. We had nothing from midfield either.  God we need fresh blood in the midfield. Utter dung we have in the middle of the park.
McCann was superb. I thought the guy did the work of two men today. He was left hung out to dry with that shambles of a set-up from Yogi and still managed to score a goal. He ruffled up defenders and held the ball up as best he could.  Totally let down by his manger and team mates.

Fucking disgrace of a performance.

When did McCann score?!

52 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Despite our defensive set piece frailties I have to say that East was superb today.  You couldn't ask for more from a guy who only found out he was in the starting line-up a few minutes before kick-off and who has only played half a dozen games in the back line in his career.  If AJ persists in playing Nditi as a defensive midfielder I'd be more than happy for East to take his place at centre-back.

ETA especially if he keeps Debayo out.

Totally agree East made a few mistakes but so did a lot of players. He is a lot more secure than Debayo. He was dropped as always Johnston always drops the youngsters apart from Max. I think Nditi has lot the plot in his last few performances  he seems very indisciplined and two goals came from his mistimed challenges. I personally though East, Gibson, Connelly, Cameron and McGrory played quite well. Paton has to do a lot more for me. Todd worked hard without a lot of the ball. I believe East deserves a spot in the team good on the ball composed and strong. 

9 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

Totally agree East made a few mistakes but so did a lot of players. He is a lot more secure than Debayo. He was dropped as always Johnston always drops the youngsters apart from Max. I think Nditi has lot the plot in his last few performances  he seems very indisciplined and two goals came from his mistimed challenges. I personally though East, Gibson, Connelly, Cameron and McGrory played quite well. Paton has to do a lot more for me. Todd worked hard without a lot of the ball. I believe East deserves a spot in the team good on the ball composed and strong. 

If McKay comes back quickly a partnership of him and East would make sense, freeing up Willie to play somewhere else.

Gibson has actually been great at CB - his reading of the game is superb and his classy distribution is a huge asset.Problem is set pieces - without McKay(and even with him) we are short of penalty box defenders who do the dirty stuff and losing cheap headed goals is hugely disappointing after the effort we put in to get ahead 3 times.

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

What?! I was positive the commentator said Connolly ffs.

He said it was Breen.

Of course he also failed to notice East playing the full 90 mins, calling him McKay throughout, thought Todd was McGrory, mixed up Johnston and Paton and even misidentified Roberto Nditi regularly despite him being a different colour to everyone else on the pitch. 

He never did work out who scored our 3rd either.