Dunfermline vs Queen of the South

6 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Wow. Stopped reading there. Both teams were genuinely awful today. Neither deserved to score 3 goals, but both deserved to concede 3 and certainly neither team deserved to win. If that was your best league performance then I’m confident we’ll finish ahead of you, as that was 2 of the worst teams I’ve seen all season.

Our two goals from open play were excellent moves and Connelly’s finish for the second was outstanding. If passages of play like that don’t deserve goals then I think I must be at the wrong Sport. The simple fact of the matter is that mistakes are part and parcel of the game - it is frustrating when your team make them and you can’t blow small incidental outfits like us away but that was an entertaining match and miles better than most that I have witnessed this season.

How do you not deserve to score 3 goals if you score 3 times?

Ok, if you want to be ridiculously literal with everything, yes if you score 3 goals, you deserve 3 goals. But I thought my point was quite obvious when I immediately followed the line you’ve focused on, saying that both teams deserved to concede 3 goals. Defensively, both teams were shocking. Majority of Queens’ best attacks came from us stupidly giving the ball away in our own half and playing ourselves into pressure, rather than particularly good attacking play. Likewise, we created nothing at all from open play and QoS deserve to concede for their defending at set pieces and needless fouls.

Having said that, Queens’ number 10 had a good game and looked dangerous. But both teams lacked creativity without massive amounts of assistance from the opposition’s defence.

Ok, if you want to be ridiculously literal with everything, yes you deserve to score 3 goals, you deserve 3 goals. But I thought my point was quite obvious when I immediately followed the line you’ve focused on, saying that both teams deserved to concede 3 goals. Defensively, both teams were shocking. Majority of Queens’ best attacks came from us stupidly giving the ball away in our own half and playing ourselves into pressure, rather than particularly good attacking play. Likewise, we created nothing at all from open play and QoS deserve to concede for their defending at set pieces and needless fouls.

Having said that, Queens’ number 10 had a good game and looked dangerous. But both teams lacked creativity without massive amounts of assistance from the opposition’s defence.

No, I'll stick with someone saying a side who scored 3 goals didn't deserve to score 3 goals as the ridiculous part thanks.

I will wait to see this on the highlights as I can’t remember it at all. Was a free kick given ? 

Some of the shouts from near the queens fans were laughable. Cameron went for an acrobatic attempt late on and a pars fan screamed for him to be booked for diving [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Good to see Pybus hasn’t lost the ability to run around a lot  and do absolutely nothing. 
Nah no foul given, ref maybe unsighted and linesman bottled it.

38 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He's absolutely awful with subs. Today he might well have had the excuse that SD has pointed out but there have been plenty of times when he's had subs, the game has been screaming out for subs to be made and he's failed to make any.

The number of times he's made subs after we go behind/further behind is incredible. Completely reactive management when proactive is what we want.

Aye always bemused me. He's a guy who will probably have a career at bottom of the Championship or League 1 for as long as he wants most likely, but he's very limited in some regards, and subs is one of them.

6 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

That was a horrendous game of football,  both clubs should resign from the league and go play amateur.    Absolute embarrassment calling that profesional football and charging people to watch.

That is utter nonsense - the first match between the teams at Palmerston was horrific not helped by our dreadful playing surface but that was a decent game.When the so called bigger budget teams don’t get the result they want and expect - the default position is that both teams were absolutely awful and it was a dreadful spectacle. We have turned in some poor displays but today wasn’t one of them.

8 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
1 hour ago, Broony88 said:
I will wait to see this on the highlights as I can’t remember it at all. Was a free kick given ? 

Some of the shouts from near the queens fans were laughable. Cameron went for an acrobatic attempt late on and a pars fan screamed for him to be booked for diving emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png. Good to see Pybus hasn’t lost the ability to run around a lot  and do absolutely nothing. 

Presumably you were there in person and had a different angle? On the stream coverage it looked a tremendous tackle from East. This is the one he pulled up with cramp after? 

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

He's a guy who will probably have a career at bottom of the Championship or League 1 for as long as he wants most likely

God, I hope not.

I think when he parts from us, it's unlikely he'll get another full-time job, certainly without clawing his way back via smaller clubs.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

God, I hope not.

I think when he parts from us, it's unlikely he'll get another full-time job, certainly without clawing his way back via smaller clubs.

I present, as evidence, Jim Duffy.

45 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Wow. Stopped reading there. Both teams were genuinely awful today. Neither deserved to score 3 goals, but both deserved to concede 3 and certainly neither team deserved to win. If that was your best league performance then I’m confident we’ll finish ahead of you, as that was 2 of the worst teams I’ve seen all season.

It wasnt our best performance of the season but it was decent enough in trying circumstances. We started with a converted winger and a centre forward who is just back from a month out with a hamstring problem and who was only supposed to play 30 mins tops playing centre back after McKay got injured in warm up. We still had 13 fit outfield players which is two more than we had midweek! 

Not withstanding this, and under pressure not to lose, we played positively and three times took the lead. Connelly and Todd missed other chances too. I'm gutted we drew, I thought we did enough to win, but we gave away needless set pieces and then struggled to defend them with almost no natural defenders on the pitch (Nditi I guess though he's not great in the air). 

If we can show that effort and that attitude every week when we either get defenders back or get more in, we will be ok. With 2 or 3 exceptions (away to Killie, probably both games v ICT, maybe home to Arbroath) our performances have been ok but we give away too many silly goals, the first goal particularly today being one. Its a needless foul. 

Our two goals from open play were excellent moves and Connelly’s finish for the second was outstanding. If passages of play like that don’t deserve goals then I think I must be at the wrong Sport. The simple fact of the matter is that mistakes are part and parcel of the game - it is frustrating when your team make them and you can’t blow small incidental outfits like us away but that was an entertaining match and miles better than most that I have witnessed this season.

To be fair, I was looking at your goals from a Pars perspective, where I’ve watched us make the same defensive mistakes all season and seen everyone all over the place defensively far too many times. Being really sloppy in our own half has been the running theme under Yogi and that’s why I’m pinning the blame on us for the Queens goals. When I watch it back, I might appreciate some of your play better in the lead up to goals, but my memory from the game was certainly that they all involved huge errors in us gifting possession to Queens in our half and/or really poor defensive decision making/positioning.

Cracking finish for the second, absolutely. I’m not trying to take anything away from that. But Dorrans (I think it was him) should never be giving the ball away there. He did the same to see us get knocked out the cup too, just a couple of weeks ago. We were so sloppy with the ball in our own half and that’s been happening for 3 weeks in a row now (and earlier in the season under Grant).

19 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Presumably you were there in person and had a different angle? On the stream coverage it looked a tremendous tackle from East. This is the one he pulled up with cramp after? 

Yes. It looked from where I was sitting (and I'm guessing other poster had a similar view?) that he slid in well away from the ball, played the man first - although perhaps it would be fairer to say that McCann ran into his legs? - then as a result ended up with the ball at his feet. The ref indicated he won the ball, but it did look as though he only did so because he took the man out first. He may have got the ball first of course, in which case fair play to the ref. I wouldn't class it as "last man" though and he certainly wasn't denying a clear goalscoring opportunity so it wasn't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things.

17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It was indeed an excellent tackle. Some of the shouts from the Dunfermline support (particularly those in the same stand as us) were absolutely hilarious. 

Haven’t read through many of the comments, but that game was great entertainment. Ultimately, we were ahead 3 times and on every occasion let them back in through a set piece. We should have won that, and I came away feeling that that was 2 very valuable points dropped. I thought we looked decent down both wings, but the lack of creativity in the middle of the park is a concern. 

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Did we really just concede a foul throw?

That must be about the first foul throw decision I've seen given for ages, I thought refs had forgotten to apply it. I always think these long throw experts must  regularly commit foul throws, I'm sure most times they don't have both feet on the ground when they release the ball. 

26 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
2 hours ago, Broony88 said:

Some of the shouts from near the queens fans were laughable. Cameron went for an acrobatic attempt late on and a pars fan screamed for him to be booked for diving emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png. Good to see Pybus hasn’t lost the ability to run around a lot  and do absolutely nothing. 

Skyline has replied below and I know the exact tackle you mean now, looked like he got the ball from the away end. Don’t even really remember much noise from the home end complaining about it ? More groans about him staying down after the tackle I thought.