Dunfermline vs Queen of the South

11 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Thought the ref was poor, let the queens centre halves away with murder including a last man challenge on Mccann at 2 each. Got nowhere near the ball.

I will wait to see this on the highlights as I can’t remember it at all. Was a free kick given ? 

Some of the shouts from near the queens fans were laughable. Cameron went for an acrobatic attempt late on and a pars fan screamed for him to be booked for diving 😂😂😂. Good to see Pybus hasn’t lost the ability to run around a lot  and do absolutely nothing. 

49 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

8th, but a loss to Hamilton and a draw against an extremely weakened Queens side is not encouraging. 

McCann put up a decent battle today but we should be playing Todorov, Wighton or O'Hara up front as a 2. I honestly can't remember anything Dow did today, and McDonald was a shocker. 

Our game plan is set plays. Let's just shit fest it and play for those.

Lewis McCann is miles better than Todorov, the latter one of the worst strikers we've had in years.

McCann put up a decent battle today but we should be playing Todorov, Wighton or O'Hara up front as a 2.

I’d be happy with Wighton and O’Hara. McCann deserves his place just now and looked like our best striker when Todorov and O’Hara were both also on the park. I like what I’ve seen of him in the 2 home games under Yogi. Didn’t have a chance of anything last week though. Can’t deny though that Wighton and O’Hara are better strikers at the moment - McCann is likely to get better though. Wighton seems to have had a falling out with Yogi. It can be the only explanation for his lack of game time.

Todorov is awful though. Haven’t seen him look remotely useful for us. McCann definitely deserves to play ahead of him, until Todorov can make himself look useful in a Pars shirt.

Also, Rhys Breen had a very poor game today. Hopefully Gaspuitis isn’t out long term. Our midfield didn’t help, by all of them having really poor games, but Breen didn’t look remotely good out there today, which is a shame. New LB is also a must for January - a fit Lewis Martin would be ideal (if he can perform to his previous standards).

Lacking creativity in open play against a team with 0 CBs is a huge concern. Our midfield is so bad.

Just now, Salvo Montalbano said:

Aye, Edwards a good foot on the park. Laughably basic stuff.

😄

Fucking hell. I was convinced I missed something as surely professional football players can take a throw in, but Edwards has shown that up.

There were some other comical moments as well, mainly involving Breen and OFW. 

55 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I see Johnston still hates making substitutions.

54 minutes ago, 101 said:

Weird not to make them when you are 3-2 up even just to waste time.

We had four fit subs, three of whom are centre forwards and the other a goalkeeper. Cameron is our best header of a ball. As much as I think he was on Connolly at the 2nd goal, he's not going to take him off. Soares Junior, Roy and Joseph aren't going to be as good at defending as the guys who were on the pitch. He only put Roy on because Cooper couldn't continue. I might have put Ruben on for either Paton or Todd personally just to add a wee bit more height (and Todd was pretty much out on his feet) but we didn't really have much option. When your only natural defender pulls up injured in warm up you've not got much luck.

Couldn't watch this as mein obergruppenfuhrer pulled rank and I had to do the bathroom tiling I'd been promising to do for the past three months - ran out of pathetic excuses.  Listened to Sportsound "open all mikes" though and the reporter thought it was some game - well you would with six goals I suppose.  The thing is, being a QOS fan, every time I heard us go a goal up I'm just totally conditioned to know/fear what's coming next - and of course it inevitably does.  As folk often say ..... "it's the hope that kills you".

Still, if you can't win then a draw is next best, especially away from home.  Sticking to the positives, at least Morton did the decent thing today - we are so counting on Morton this season so keep it up lads.  Really big game/opportunity at home to Ayr next week.

1 minute ago, Otis Blue said:

Couldn't watch this as mein obergruppenfuhrer pulled rank and I had to do the bathroom tiling I'd been promising to do for the past three months - ran out of pathetic excuses.  Listened to Sportsound "open all mikes" though and the reporter thought it was some game - well you would with six goals I suppose.  The thing is, being a QOS fan, every time I heard us go a goal up I'm just totally conditioned to know/fear what's coming next - and of course it inevitably does.  As folk often say ..... "it's the hope that kills you".

Still, if you can't win then a draw is next best, especially away from home.  Sticking to the positives, at least Morton did the decent thing today - we are so counting on Morton this season so keep it up lads.  Really big game/opportunity at home to Ayr next week.

A lot of our problems stem from inexperience and naivety. If only we could see games out. 

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We had four fit subs, three of whom are centre forwards and the other a goalkeeper. Cameron is our best header of a ball. As much as I think he was on Connolly at the 2nd goal, he's not going to take him off. Soares Junior, Roy and Joseph aren't going to be as good at defending as the guys who were on the pitch. He only put Roy on because Cooper couldn't continue. I might have put Ruben on for either Paton or Todd personally just to add a wee bit more height (and Todd was pretty much out on his feet) but we didn't really have much option. When your only natural defender pulls up injured in warm up you've not got much luck.

Ah well that does add context! In general though how is Johnston with subs these days? He often left it too late when he was with us, with him actually not making any on multiple occasions. The playoff second leg at Tannadice was the nadir of his substitutional philosophy.

By the way, who’s the guy that scored Queens’ first goal? Loved the way he seemed to decide to pick on the sections of free kids tickets down the front of the Norrie for his celebration. Proper hard man behaviour, gesturing towards primary school kids.

4 minutes ago, sneeuq said:

A lot of our problems stem from inexperience and naivety. If only we could see games out. 

I know what you mean.  Obviously I didn't see the game today, but the thing that generally bugs me is that we've been pretty well a full time professional outfit for the best part of 20 years and yet I'm always left wondering ..... what the hell do they coach during the week?  Do they discuss game management, or do they just run about a bit and then head off to play golf?  I mean, its an old worn cliche, but more often than not our second touch is a tackle, and I've genuinely forgotten the last time I saw us retain possession from one of our own throw ins.  Surely, professional players practice this sort of stuff.  I'm not expecting to see perfect tippy tappy one touch stuff a la Guardiola, but you'd think that retaining possession for a few passes should be achievable at this level.  Rant over.  I'm deluded, I know!

Great to watch football on a lovely big flat grass surface with no wind.Our players seemed to relish it as well because that was arguably our best league performance of the season. We pressed the ball relentlessly and played some great stuff at times. Scored two great goals from open play and one from a corner. Losing three goals all from set pieces was infuriating to say the least as we deserved the win today. Nditi conceding needless free kicks in dangerous areas is becoming a recurring theme and Pars scored from two of those.

We were down to the bare bones today but no real failures and plenty of great individual performances - Cooper is improving all the time (hope injury not serious), McGrory was terrific today especially second half, as were Todd and Paton. Cameron was a handful and Connelly was buzzing around everywhere.

Hugely disappointing to lose the lead 3 times, but judging the commitment and quality of performance on its merits we certainly dont look the worst team in the league.

Ah well that does add context! In general though how is Johnston with subs these days? He often left it too late when he was with us, with him actually not making any on multiple occasions. The playoff second leg at Tannadice was the nadir of his substitutional philosophy.

He's absolutely awful with subs. Today he might well have had the excuse that SD has pointed out but there have been plenty of times when he's had subs, the game has been screaming out for subs to be made and he's failed to make any.

The number of times he's made subs after we go behind/further behind is incredible. Completely reactive management when proactive is what we want.

2 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

By the way, who’s the guy that scored Queens’ first goal? Loved the way he seemed to decide to pick on the sections of free kids tickets down the front of the Norrie for his celebration. Proper hard man behaviour, gesturing towards primary school kids.

Alex Cooper - son of Neale Cooper, legendary hard man for Aberdeen (for those of a certain vintage) ....

Great to watch football on a lovely big flat grass surface with no wind.Our players seemed to relish it as well because that was arguably our best league performance of the season.

Wow. Stopped reading there. Both teams were genuinely awful today. Neither deserved to score 3 goals, but both deserved to concede 3 and certainly neither team deserved to win. If that was your best league performance then I’m confident we’ll finish ahead of you, as that was 2 of the worst teams I’ve seen all season.

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

Wow. Stopped reading there. Both teams were genuinely awful today. Neither deserved to score 3 goals, but both deserved to concede 3 and certainly neither team deserved to win. If that was your best league performance then I’m confident we’ll finish ahead of you, as that was 2 of the worst teams I’ve seen all season.

Quality is a relative term ...

How do you not deserve to score 3 goals if you score 3 times?

Lewis McCann is miles better than Todorov, the latter one of the worst strikers we've had in years.
Miles? Nah sorry. Todorov brought us up the park a bit when he came on. McCann won a lot of the dirty stuff today but still offers nothing of thr threat of Todorov or Wighton the box.