Dunfermline vs Queen of the South

Said before today that we need at least 6 from our next 3 games. I expected to lose today so the positive is that we got a point. Plenty of negatives of course; being ahead 3 times and not being able to hold on the biggest one.

Shows where we are that my heart never sank/I wasn't raging or shocked when I saw Dunfermline's 3rd go in. My automatic response was, ah well let's hope we can hold on for a point.

Next two games are absolutely massive.

Keep hearing (often from our manager) how vital the first goal is in this league.
Presumably scoring a 2nd and then a 3rd to retake the lead is crucial too. 
Fucking hopeless.

Tbh, in regards to us the first goal is absolutely massive. If we don't get the first goal we're getting f**k all. If we get the first our chances of getting a point from the game go up to about 20%.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Tbh, in regards to us the first goal is absolutely massive. If we don't get the first goal we're getting f**k all. If we get the first our chances of getting a point from the game go up to about 20%.

Oh yes I get how massive it is for our gutless shower not to lose the first goal. The only surprise for me is that we didn't contrive to lose today.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Said before today that we need at least 6 from our next 3 games. I expected to lose today so the positive is that we got a point. Plenty of negatives of course; being ahead 3 times and not being able to hold on the biggest one.

Shows where we are that my heart never sank/I wasn't raging or shocked when I saw Dunfermline's 3rd go in. My automatic response was, ah well let's hope we can hold on for a point.

No .surprise to me either just glad we did not lose 4-3 .

We just don't have the guts or game management to hold out for what would have been a crucial win .

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's the thing, losing a goal or goals after scoring has become almost inevitable, you get immune to it. 

Small shout for the much-maligned Cameron, apart from his goal I thought he had one of his best games for us. He was winning the ball and finding a Queens player, must be a new tactic.

Good to hear he's went up a step from being "completely useless". Long may it continue.

23 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Keep hearing (often from our manager) how vital the first goal is in this league.

Presumably scoring a 2nd and then a 3rd to retake the lead is crucial too. 

Fucking hopeless.

We have lost 12 points after being ahead or level due to conceding in the last quarter.
We have gained 2 points after being level due to scoring in the last quarter, none from being behind.
We have lost 7 out of 7 league games (9 out of 9 overall) after conceding the first goal.

Edited by Flash

Just now, Rob1885 said:

Thought the ref was poor, let the queens centre halves away with murder including a last man challenge on Mccann at 2 each. Got nowhere near the ball.

Not booking Paton who caught Edwards shin guard well after the ball was away let us know what we were in for.