Dunfermline vs Queen of the South

12 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Will take your word for it as I missed a lot of games last season due to it feeling rather meaningless with no crowds.

I never missed a game last season, unfortunately at times. Wilson was always a solid 7/10 at least. Was outstanding against St Johnstone in the cup. 

I know our march towards relegation is pretty much due to the terrible management of Peter Grant but I hope bad luck isn't going to play it's part in the remainder of the season too. You couldn't pick a worse player to have lost at this moment in time.

Kai Kennedy is going to have to step up now and show us what he can do. Not sure how much desire he has to do this but we really need him over the next 4 weeks to fill the shoes of Dom.

5 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I know our march towards relegation is pretty much due to the terrible management of Peter Grant but I hope bad luck isn't going to play it's part in the remainder of the season too. You couldn't pick a worse player to have lost at this moment in time.

Kai Kennedy is going to have to step up now and show us what he can do. Not sure how much desire he has to do this but we really need him over the next 4 weeks to fill the shoes of Dom.

O'Hara and Dow would be far better as our wide options. Kennedy is a waster and MacDonald is not the answer. 

O'Hara and Dow would be far better as our wide options. Kennedy is a waster and MacDonald is not the answer. 
I'd play Wighton and Ohara over Dow and Kennedy. Both were absolutely useless on Saturday past. Empty jerseys. Likewise with MacDonald.

Our midfield is absolute horse shit. On paper our strikers aren’t too bad, so IMO we must start two up top. We don’t have a single competent (never mind decent) winger at the club other than Thomas. Dow looks finished, kennedy is a wee shitebag & McDonald is a league 1 full back not a championship winger. 4312 with Ohara behind wighton & todorov/McCann. I know yogi likes to play with wingers but it simply won’t work with this squad, unless he finds a decent one in January & Thomas comes back quicker than expected. 

I see Iain Wilson and Reece Cole are injured according to Yogi. I thought the latter may disappear completely once Pars fans stopped believing he existed.
Ditch them both. Wilson needs more repairs than the new bridge ffs. Cole is as useless as a chocolate teapot.

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
10 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:
I see Iain Wilson and Reece Cole are injured according to Yogi. I thought the latter may disappear completely once Pars fans stopped believing he existed.

Cole is as useless as a chocolate teapot.

A chocolate teapot would at least be quite artistic if not used, unlike the hapless Mr Cole.

Aye, Wilson is out again with that heel problem. That was issue before. He didn't look nearly fit when he returned. Going to give up any hope that he will come into the midfield fully fit anytime soon.

Forget Wilson and Cole. Leaves you with Todd, Allan and Pybus, non of which are at a level that's going to help improve our midfield situation. We really need to strengthen that area pronto, same with wide areas, left back and keeper. It amounts to about 6 first choice players to rectify this team. Nae chance that's happening in a winter transfer window.

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Aye, Wilson is out again with that heel problem. That was issue before. He didn't look nearly fit when he returned. Going to give up any hope that he will come into the midfield fully fit anytime soon.

Forget Wilson and Cole. Leaves you with Todd, Allan and Pybus, non of which are at a level that's going to help improve our midfield situation. We really need to strengthen that area pronto, same with wide areas, left back and keeper. It amounts to about 6 first choice players to rectify this team. Nae chance that's happening in a winter transfer window.

Enough happy clapping, let’s focus on the negatives now!

I would like to think this will be Johnston's last game, After the Cove game he deserves the bullet, Soares Junior was non existent and McGrory wasn't much better. Queens have the nucleus of a decent squad but when you have a manager who doesn't know how to set the team up it's far from encouraging. 

8 minutes ago, Rouky said:

I would like to think this will be Johnston's last game, After the Cove game he deserves the bullet, Soares Junior was non existent and McGrory wasn't much better. Queens have the nucleus of a decent squad but when you have a manager who doesn't know how to set the team up it's far from encouraging. 

I'm in no way defending Johnston but the players need to take a look at themselves too for Tuesday's performance. There was no urgency, poor passing, poor decision making, just a general lethargy about them. Even taking into account the team selection, weather conditions and tactics I think the least we should expect is that the players show a bit of professionalism, a bit of fight and desire. Hopefully we get a positive reaction this Saturday, if not it will be a clear indication that the players have downed tools under Johnston.  I think if the Board are considering punting Johnston, and its a big IF, he'll get the next three games against the teams near us in the table, if we're still bottom after that then it should be his P45 in the post. 

On 09/12/2021 at 12:30, Cardle is Magic said:

A chocolate teapot would at least be quite artistic if not used, unlike the hapless Mr Cole.

His only contribution as far as I can recall was missing an open goal at Cappielow. Honestly, did anyone inside the club, coaching staff, players, anyone not fucking see how awful the summer recruitment was?!