Dundee United v Celtic

Regarding the tackle having only seen it live on the tv at the time. The ref from what I can remember, actually took a few seconds before giving the foul and booking. Either he hasn’t saw the tackle fully and went by the players reaction or he has saw the full tackle and has somehow only decided that’s a yellow.

Incompetent either way.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

What I can't understand is how there can be retroactive action taken to upgrade a yellow to a red but a second yellow that results in a red can't be appealed regardless of how correct it is. It's the selectiveness that people take umbrage with. There's also the issue with lack of punishment for the referee who has been deemed to have made a glaring mistake.

Agree with this. There is also f**k all consistency in the appeals process as well when when they have plenty of time to dwell over and compare to previous appeals. The whole system just seems a joke tbh.

24 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Sorry this isn't about religion but the boy Butcher has been "charged", Sky's word, for that challenge.

If he's not feeling up Aberdeen strikers packages, he's trying to break terrorist sympathiser's legs.

Swings and roundabouts. 

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Are there other instances where the SFA has overturned a referee’s decision and imposed a red instead of a yellow?

I will attempt to answer my own question using information quickly and easily available from the internet.  (With a bit of conspiracy theory added).

I will start with this bit from the BBC.

“A change to the SFA's disciplinary rules earlier this year means compliance officer Andrew Phillips has the power to pursue greater punishments for incidents dealt with by the match officials at the time.”

Andrew Phillips was appointed as compliance officer in February.  He attracted a lot of attention apparently as he is a Sevco season ticket holder and travels to games on a supporters’ bus.

Apparently Celtic fans were not happy with the appointment; there was even a poorly supported change.org petition to remove him.  Can his intervention be an attempt to show his “neutrality”?  I guess we will never know.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Details?

It happened on four occasions over the last two seasons according this article. I don't remember specific cases but remember it happening. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sfa-disciplinary-chief-handed-power-24792996