Dundee United v Celtic

4 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

King Joey making a serious bid for Bennett's biggest moron on Pie and Bovril award in the annual end of year worst poster threads.

At least he never made light of sectarian abuse, to be fair.

I'm going to reiterate the point I made: if supporters want as close to an even playing field as possible, one of the measure which cannot be taken is retrospective action unless it is taken across the entire league system, in my view.

Otherwise the argument is partly that serious refereeing mistakes are only made in the upper reaches, and most especially in matches involving the top performing sides. Yet the referees in these fixtures are supposed to be best available, a true paradox.

5 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I'm going to reiterate the point I made: if supporters want as close to an even playing field as possible, one of the measure which cannot be taken is retrospective action unless it is taken across the entire league system, in my view.

Otherwise the argument is partly that serious refereeing mistakes are only made in the upper reaches, and most especially in matches involving the top performing sides. Yet the referees in these fixtures are supposed to be best available, a true paradox.

Var will be the same maybe only the top 2 leagues in Scotland.
Right now we've got to deal with this mince of making it up as we go along.

30 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

King Joey making a serious bid for Bennett's biggest moron on Pie and Bovril award in the annual end of year worst poster threads.

I will be thrilled. In order to finish as strongly as possible, can I ask you to post as much guff as you can so I can reply with utter nonsense.

Just now, Empty It said:
43 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Gutted, thought I was a stick on winner this year.

Get a grip, I’m practicing my victory speech.

13 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Var will be the same maybe only the top 2 leagues in Scotland.
Right now we've got to deal with this mince of making it up as we go along.

You’re living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that Scottish Football is going to spend money on putting VAR into the Championship.

2 hours ago, energyzone said:
3 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:
I think that was more a dig at boyd who almost single handedly made sure the offside decision was the only talking point in a very entertaining game last week. 
He wasn't too concerned about that challenge for some strange reason. 

Boyd was asked about the challenge and was emphatic in saying it was a clear red and that VAR would have resulted in a sending off.

Emphatic is maybe stretching it a bit . 

9 minutes ago, Empty It said:
51 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Gutted, thought I was a stick on winner this year.

Takes a bit more than just posting Celtic fans are scum and Celtic fans tears are delicious over and over again.

Expand your material a little and you still have a chance

I wish you well 

39 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Maybe that's one for your notebook David,I would imagine all full time clubs will be treated the same M8.

So you would have most of the games in the Championship covered by VAR, but not all of them? 

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Retrospective action can be taken in any league in Scotland. It's not like there aren't cameras at every single game anyway.

9 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Retrospective action can be taken in any league in Scotland. It's not like there aren't cameras at every single game anyway.

Emphasis maybe could be on the 'can' there: almost exclusively the SFA operate their retrospective action policy concentrating on high profile matches, games covered by live television and followed up by media pundits and the press.

Your second sentence might suggest VAR is going to be utilised for all 42 SPFL clubs: how likely is that? 

A partial solution to the selective application of retrospective action and VAR could be for the top league to break away once again, and have their own separate rule implementation. Not that I'm advocating that.

What I can't understand is how there can be retroactive action taken to upgrade a yellow to a red but a second yellow that results in a red can't be appealed regardless of how correct it is. It's the selectiveness that people take umbrage with. There's also the issue with lack of punishment for the referee who has been deemed to have made a glaring mistake.