Dundee United v Celtic

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

He can, and should. A horror tackle that apparently doesn’t merit a fraction of the coverage a tight offside from Thursday night got. 

It was an awful challenge and he deserves to be punished further. But you can’t compare an incident that got Celtic three points instead of one, to one that had absolutely no bearing on the result. (Although obviously you can)

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It was an awful challenge and he deserves to be punished further. But you can’t compare an incident that got Celtic three points instead of one, to one that had absolutely no bearing on the result. (Although obviously you can)

I hope it made the notebook though 

Said at the game yesterday Butcher should have gone, thus not about to stick up for the challenge. But I've often have the thought that once the game is over, there is no point in taking action retrospectively.

The game was well covered, and the incident highlighted to a great extent thereafter. What about matches which aren't quite so high profile, where similar or worse incidents occur?  I'm sure many of us can think of such occurrences, perhaps where the victim is actually incapacitated for weeks or months. 

Probably not a view which will bring much support, but in this case the game was televised live and challenge was made hugely prominent by the media.

During the closed door era last season, I watched a live stream of a top league mach where a player was booked for a dreadful challenge which put an opponent out for 10 matches, but because it was an inconspicuous occasion for most football fans, there was no follow up. 

To summarise, the Scottish game is governed by a set of rules, and I'm not comfortable with an extra level being added in due to the ranking, in the minds of the media and SFA, of the clubs.

20 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Said at the game yesterday Butcher should have gone, thus not about to stick up for the challenge. But I've often have the thought that once the game is over, there is no point in taking action retrospectively.

The game was well covered, and the incident highlighted to a great extent thereafter. What about matches which aren't quite so high profile, where similar or worse incidents occur?  I'm sure many of us can think of such occurrences, perhaps where the victim is actually incapacitated for weeks or months. 

Probably not a view which will bring much support, but in this case the game was televised live and challenge was made hugely prominent by the media.

During the closed door era last season, I watched a live stream of a top league mach where a player was booked for a dreadful challenge which put an opponent out for 10 matches, but because it was an inconspicuous occasion for most football fans, there was no follow up. 

To summarise, the Scottish game is governed by a set of rules, and I'm not comfortable with an extra level being added in due to the ranking, in the minds of the media and SFA, of the clubs.

The challenge is a shocker and the guy has plenty of previous. It needs dealt with. 

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I think that was more a dig at boyd who almost single handedly made sure the offside decision was the only talking point in a very entertaining game last week. 

He wasn't too concerned about that challenge for some strange reason. 

25 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The challenge is a shocker and the guy has plenty of previous. It needs dealt with. 

Selectively rerefereeing games, the referee saw the incident and booked the player at the time.

4 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Did the same not happen to morellos ? 

He's been cited a few dozen times but it might have been Roofe that you're thinking of.

I'm sure that a hibs player also had a yellow changed to a red card.

I think that was more a dig at boyd who almost single handedly made sure the offside decision was the only talking point in a very entertaining game last week. 
He wasn't too concerned about that challenge for some strange reason. 
Boyd was asked about the challenge and was emphatic in saying it was a clear red and that VAR would have resulted in a sending off.

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

So you think he had a perfect view of this and deemed it a yellow??? Is that what you’re saying??

AFB3E34C-98BC-4FD1-86D9-E94B68E9537A.jpeg

931F2F8E-4C4A-4ED1-BAD5-F997E9D32B9A.jpeg

He obviously saw the foul or otherwise he wouldn't have booked the player.  I think he got off lightly with a booking but that's fitba, some decisions are spot on and some aren't.  

Selectively rerefereeing parts of one game isn't something I'm ever going to be supportive of. 

30 minutes ago, bennett said:

He obviously saw the foul or otherwise he wouldn't have booked the player.  I think he got off lightly with a booking but that's fitba, some decisions are spot on and some aren't.  

Selectively rerefereeing parts of one game isn't something I'm ever going to be supportive of. 

Love And Hip Hop Reaction GIF by VH1

1 hour ago, bennett said:

I'm pretty sure a yellow got upgraded to a red because the ref only saw part of the foul made by a player.
I think if this gets upgraded the ref should be down graded, a bit like the tone you set on this thread Zippy.