Dundee United v Celtic

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

You can argue it’s distasteful and it is. I’ve already said that. 

But trying to pretend it’s somehow anti Protestant is just nonsense 

It was aimed at a guy who endorses subjecting a player to abuse for waving an Irish flag at Ibrox

Now who do you think that was for?

He might not be a member of the group, but comments like that says to me he’s not against them either 

It’s sectarian.

7 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

It was aimed at a guy who endorses subjecting a player to abuse for waving an Irish flag at Ibrox

He might not be a member of the group, but comments like that says to me he’s not against them either 

Edit: The OO is a hate group, no idea why you’re trying to whitewash them into some innocent religious institution 

The COS doesn’t support its values and doesn’t want anything to do with them. 

hahahahahaha

14 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s sectarian.

Just because you want it so be doesn’t mean it is.

Your lack of argument speaks volumes 

You can’t even admit the OO is a bigoted hate group that doesn’t see certain members of society as equals 

Edited by Clown Job

Just now, Clown Job said:

Just because you want it so be doesn’t mean it is.

Your lack of argument speaks volumes 

I don’t want it to be anything, I’d rather religion was chucked in the bin altogether, I don’t believe in god.

But whether you like it or not, insulting someone based on their perceived membership of a religious group is sectarian. It is not attacking Boyd based on the team he supports, his appearance or what he says. It is literally attacking him based on a perception that he is religious.

4 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Another one with no argument.

What a coincidence 

That’s because the logic is obviously flawed, and hilariously so.

I’m sure you’d be equally sympathetic to a similar argument from the other perspective, saying that “f*nian” is acceptable because it implies membership of an anti-Protestant hate group.

Its a ridiculous argument and worthy of nothing more than derision.

Enjoyed that game, first 2 goals were top class. Nice to see we didnt miss Jota either. Scales scoring will give his confidence a huge boost. Johnstone getting better but needs to learn when to pass and when to try and beat a player. Vickers just stabilises the defence. Need to buy him. Good game for the squad with those players coming in and getting game time, Highly enjoyable. Im loving it win lose or draw.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Being as your a proven serial apologist for bigoted behaviour from your own fans, I doubt anyone will take your opinion on this seriously

Lying to avoid calling out the vile sectarian element amongst the celtic support.

A decent celtic fan would have called it out.

12 minutes ago, bennett said:

Lying to avoid calling out the vile sectarian element amongst the celtic support.

A decent celtic fan would have called it out.

I call it out all the time, I have absolutely f**k all to prove in that respect and just so we are clear I would love nothing more than to see all songs sung at football matches that reference religion, religious groups, political parties and paramilitary groups taken and thrown in the sea.

But as for lying? I asked you to be consistent and call out a post by one of your fans, a post similar to one you tried to call me out for and you fucking shat it and remained absolutely mute. 

That is why your opinion on these matters counts for nothing. You are a shitebag apologist and will forever remain so, so as far as I’m concerned you too belong in the sea with said songs

Edited by Jinky67

31 minutes ago, AJF said:

I don’t want it to be anything, I’d rather religion was chucked in the bin altogether, I don’t believe in god.

But whether you like it or not, insulting someone based on their perceived membership of a religious group is sectarian. It is not attacking Boyd based on the team he supports, his appearance or what he says. It is literally attacking him based on a perception that he is religious.

That’s a lot of words to avoid saying what the OO actually is. 

Fair enough, if you want to legitimise them, that’s your decision 

26 minutes ago, G51 said:

That’s because the logic is obviously flawed, and hilariously so.

I’m sure you’d be equally sympathetic to a similar argument from the other perspective, saying that “f*nian” is acceptable because it implies membership of an anti-Protestant hate group.

Its a ridiculous argument and worthy of nothing more than derision.

So flawed you can’t explain why exactly and having to revert to whataboutery?

Wonderful 

12 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Sometimes I think I preferred being in the Championship when we didn't have to deal with this sectarian pish all the time.

No sectarianism going on in here 

Although we did have someone moaning earlier about Celtic fans singing songs with the word Celtic in it.

4 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

That’s a lot of words to avoid saying what the OO actually is. 

Fair enough, if you want to legitimise them, that’s your decision 

I'm not legitimising anyone 🤣 the OO is largely full of a sorry bunch of p***ks that think like cavemen, but you cannot deny branding someone an OB is sectarian because it is literally an insult based on someone's perceived membership of a religious group.

If it is not sectarian, why would Boyd be associated with the OO other than he played for Rangers?

Just now, AJF said:

I'm not legitimising anyone 🤣 the OO is largely full of a sorry bunch of p***ks that think like cavemen, but you cannot deny branding someone an OB is sectarian because it is literally an insult based on someone's perceived membership of a religious group.

If it is not sectarian, why would Boyd be associated with the OO other than he played for Rangers?

Still refusing to call them out as an anti catholic hate group?

Amazing 

Still no comments on Boyd thinking it’s acceptable to abuse someone for flying an Irish flag?

Wonderful 

Still refusing to see why some people might insult him for being a member of a bigot group when he plays up to them with the above comments?

Outstanding 

Anyways, I’ve said all I have to say on the topic enjoy the rest of your evening faking ignorance 

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Edit: The OO is a hate group, no idea why you’re trying to whitewash them into some innocent religious institution 

The COS doesn’t support its values and doesn’t want anything to do with them. 

You really are thick aren’t you? 

Obviously it would be better if it wasn't sung but it's difficult to make a case for it being anti-protestant when protestants say it. Cheer up Steven Gerrard was a song I heard mostly from Aberdeen fans. I suppose you could say its sectarian but I think you would then have to admit the Orange Order is also sectarian because you can't join if you are Catholic or have Catholic parents.