Dundee United v Celtic

Hopefully another marginal offside winning goal for Celtic to spark more meltdowns like the other night. 

Jerry Kerr stand closed due to storm damage will likely result in a fair few Celtic fans in the home end which may also trigger meltdown city.

Jota, Ralston and Welsh all out injured so any kind of Angeball inspired win will suffice. 

2-1 Celtic, Turnbull and a Juranovic penalty awarded for a foul outside the box, Harkes to net for the arabs.

To be fair to United, at least they are allowing Celtic fans in, unlike the reciprocal fixture just over two months ago.

Don Robertson is the referee yet again for United, his fourth match involving the club this season: each has been a 1-0 victory for United.

On the down side, he is free and easy with his bookings of United players, with Pawlett having been booked in each game and sent off in one.

6 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

To be fair to United, at least they are allowing Celtic fans in, unlike the reciprocal fixture just over two months ago.

Don Robertson is the referee yet again for United, his fourth match involving the club this season: each has been a 1-0 victory for United.

On the down side, he is free and easy with his bookings of United players, with Pawlett having been booked in each game and sent off in one.

Don knows 

9 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Hopefully another marginal offside winning goal for Celtic to spark more meltdowns like the other night. 

For me it wasn’t the fact that goal was given that was annoying, these things happen and it was a very marginal decision, it was that the vast majority, if not every one, of the Celtic fans on here refused to admit that it was offside even with the proof of a photo taken when the ball was kicked across.

29 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

For me it wasn’t the fact that goal was given that was annoying, these things happen and it was a very marginal decision, it was that the vast majority, if not every one, of the Celtic fans on here refused to admit that it was offside even with the proof of a photo taken when the ball was kicked across.

You alright mate?  Everything okay at home? 

17 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Jerry Kerr stand closed due to storm damage will likely result in a fair few Celtic fans in the home end which may also trigger meltdown city.

Jota, Ralston and Welsh all out injured so any kind of Angeball inspired win will suffice. 

2-1 Celtic, Turnbull and a Juranovic penalty awarded for a foul outside the box, Harkes to net for the arabs.

You forgot to mention the Nakamura tribute act falling over lots for no apparent reason.

Be interesting to see what sort of team we have for this one with so many struggling.  Could find his Boliness on the bench again if Ralston is out. Still to be convinced by Montgomery at left back and he had a pretty terrible game against United in the draw earlier on in the season. Is Levitt back for United for this? Im quietly hoping not as was impressed  by him in that game.

20 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

If we are doing a wish list, I'd be looking for 1-0 United, with the 90+7 mins goal coming from a cross that had gone over the goal line, being punched into the net by a player who was yards offside, while a team mate is holding Joe Hart's legs.  Might as well get as many grievances as possible dealt with in one incident. 

(That's the wish list.  I still expect Celtic to win by at least 2.)

7 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Celtic have got a tricky tie on Thursday to avoid setting an unwanted European record/salvage some kind of pride, against the side that just beat Barcelona. Think he’ll rest some players and try and edge it by 1?

We are already through to the conference and have a fair few injuries with a congested fixture list coming up, I have little idea of what record what you are talking about but I hope we play youth and fringe players for the Betis game.

Edited by gannonball

57 minutes ago, gannonball said:

We are already through to the conference and have a fair few injuries with a congested fixture list coming up, I have little idea of what record what you are talking about but I hope we play youth and fringe players for the Betis game.

I doubt you’ll concede 7 so the overall worst record is moot, but it could end up with you having the worst defensive record two seasons in a row if Ferancvaros do better.

Playing the kids sounds good as well, but it’s a lot of money to be sniffing at given the prize pots and relative free hit.