St Johnstone vs Ross County

We looked very leggy second half against St Mirren. We really need the three points here.

Maynard Brewer

Clarke     Baldwin   Watson   Vokins

Cancola   Paton

Hungbo     Callachan   Charles-Cook

Samuel

Harsh on Spittal but I think we need legs early and Callachan and RCC have plenty of energy. I'd be tempted to play Tilson with Cancola also to try and get some control in the middle of the park. Samuel deserves another chance imo despite being largely anonymous against St Mirren. 

This game has 1-1 written all over it imo.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

County's wingers give me the fear.

As largely shite as we are we do have the ability to rinse teams out wide. Whoever you play on the left has to deal with both Clarke and Hungbo which imo is a right hand side good enough for the top 6.

1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

to try and get some control in the middle of the park

Is this a 'whoosh'? You could put a couple of your delicious haggis pies in there and dominate. 

Also is Clarke a definite? I thought he was injured but might have imagined it. Agree with Random that it's the pace on the width that will cause problems, which is one reason I'm sure that the calls for a back 4 won't happen. What will happen though is that our wing-backs will be pinned back so once again we'll struggle with forward momentum. 

Would love to see us focus a bit more up the left hand side in an attacking sense and I'd not be against Devine starting. Not sure who would play ahead of him though. Viv makes sense but who knows how much football he has in him. Anyway, won't happen. Manger has Crawford and McPherson in permanent marker on the whiteboard so you can have the midfield as an early Christmas gift. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

11 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Is this a 'whoosh'? You could put a couple of your delicious haggis pies in there and dominate. 

Also is Clarke a definite? I thought he was injured but might have imagined it. Agree with Random that it's the pace on the width that will cause problems, which is one reason I'm sure that the calls for a back 4 won't happen. What will happen though is that our wing-backs will be pinned back so once again we'll struggle with forward momentum. 

Would love to see us focus a bit more up the left hand side in an attacking sense and I'd not be against Devine starting. Not sure who would play ahead of him though. Viv makes sense but who knows how much football he has in him. Anyway, won't happen. Manger has Crawford and McPherson in permanent marker on the whiteboard so you can have the midfield as an early Christmas gift. 

We've been stung by Murray Davidson too many times to take chances here. We had no midfield presence in the second half on Wednesday which is a concern. Clarke was suspended for a very harsh red card against United. He's a gem of a player who'll be playing in the english championship next year I'd imagine.

12 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

We've been stung by Murray Davidson too many times to take chances here. We had no midfield presence in the second half on Wednesday which is a concern. Clarke was suspended for a very harsh red card against United. He's a gem of a player who'll be playing in the english championship next year I'd imagine.

Davidson is out with a knock I think. Came off at half time v Dundee.

Manager calling certain players shitebags...

12 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I dunno about Samuel. He was good for one half and a wasted jersey for the second.

the back five picks itself after St. Mirren.

It's fairly disgraceful how bad our striking options are at the moment. 

I assume you'd bring Clarke back in even though we got a clean sheet?

0-1

Davidson to take Vertainen off / leave him on the bench while Kane runs about in to folk

Post match interview to bemoan our lack of finishing while playing attackers out of position and being set up to not concede

Dundee fans to appear in here after the game again, even though they don't care about us

24 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

It's fairly disgraceful how bad our striking options are at the moment. 

I assume you'd bring Clarke back in even though we got a clean sheet?

It's hard to drop anyone after that performance, all five threw themselves at everything. Clarke is better than Randall but it feels harsh sticking back on the bench.

I did like the look of Vokins, so yeah Clarke and Vokins at full back.

Davidson is out with a knock I think. Came off at half time v Dundee.
Manager calling certain players shitebags...

I’d say half the side are clearly looking for their next move without thinking about if those sides dangling PCA’s will be interested if they’re underperforming.

3 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

As largely shite as we are we do have the ability to rinse teams out wide. Whoever you play on the left has to deal with both Clarke and Hungbo which imo is a right hand side good enough for the top 6.

Yep. Watched these guys a couple of times this season for you. Class. 

25 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’d say half the side are clearly looking for their next move without thinking about if those sides dangling PCA’s will be interested if they’re underperforming.

I dunno about that tbh. McCarts struggled more this season but the whole defence has as they get less protection from the midfield.

Rooneys looked injured since he went over his ankle at McDiarmid earlier this season.

Interesting seeing all this chat from Saints fans of how soft they are in midfield. Every single St Johnstone side I ever remember County playing against has ran us over in the middle of the park and any success we have had has come out wide. We’re pretty soft centred in the middle of the park too though. f**k knows how anyone’s going to take control of the middle of the park.

I've got a gut feel that Saints are going to do something totally unexpected here and score more than a couple of goals. Nothing in the last few months to suggest this would be the case, but I just think maybe the Dundee game and the home truths afterwards will be the wake up call the team will need. I think CD will start with two out and out strikers in the team and MOH are right wing back to add the width. 

Also think this will probably be the lowest or one of the lowest crowds we will see this season.