The Blue Brazil v The Binos

1 hour ago, CowdenLoyal said:

That should really have been more comfortable than the scoreline suggests - our finishing is diabolical.

That said I'm absolutely buzzing. Excellent and deserved win and a cracking shift from everyone.

Could have and should have been more but at least we were creating chances something we haven't been doing this season.

Small steps but you can see the progress the manager has made in the last month.

Well that result today was totally unacceptable. At this rate we are going nowhere except mid table if we’re lucky. Felt Cowdenbeath should have win by more than 1 goal and we were lucky it wasn’t more. Simply did not turn up today and we got what we deserved nothing. 
Serious question mark over the managers future at this rate.  Next week we face Forfar away and on a performance like today can’t see anything but.a  Forfar win. 
Lucky for us we had a good start to the season or we would be down at the bottom with Cowdenbeath. 

Well that result today was totally unacceptable. At this rate we are going nowhere except mid table if we’re lucky. Felt Cowdenbeath should have win by more than 1 goal and we were lucky it wasn’t more. Simply did not turn up today and we got what we deserved nothing. 
Serious question mark over the managers future at this rate.  Next week we face Forfar away and on a performance like today can’t see anything but.a  Forfar win. 
Lucky for us we had a good start to the season or we would be down at the bottom with Cowdenbeath. 

Thomson missed two open goals with the Stirling keeper nowhere, although otherwise he had a very good game.
Didn’t help Stirling’s cause to have no one playing left back.

Fantastic result and display. So happy for the players and management. Small tweaks and tactically mo had KR on toast today. Made a clever switch at half time and it worked like a treat.

Thomson was superb (someone said me missed 2 open goals lol. The keeper was in the centre of the goal both times)...  

Bobby barr had his best game in a cowden jersey in a new position.

Team worked ever so hard for that. Stirling caused a few problems 1st half but 2nd half cowden if clinical could have killed game.

We also hit the bar from inside box and that was a gr8 chance as well.

Monkey off the back with the win. Now time to push on and keep positive results and performances. 

Positivity is key.

Mon the cowden

39 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Fantastic result and display. So happy for the players and management. Small tweaks and tactically mo had KR on toast today. Made a clever switch at half time and it worked like a treat.

Thomson was superb (someone said me missed 2 open goals lol. The keeper was in the centre of the goal both times)...  

Bobby barr had his best game in a cowden jersey in a new position.

Team worked ever so hard for that. Stirling caused a few problems 1st half but 2nd half cowden if clinical could have killed game.

We also hit the bar from inside box and that was a gr8 chance as well.

Monkey off the back with the win. Now time to push on and keep positive results and performances. 

Positivity is key.

Mon the cowden

Well summed up as you say the goalie was in the centre of the goal at Tommo's two misses. Bobby Barr was also really good today , you can see the progress the manager has made in his month at the club.

Unlucky with Fraser's shot in the first half coming off the underside of the bar but he took his goal well.

My son can read the game a lot better than me, my limit is have we got the ball.

He commented that Bobby Barr had a very good game.

Don't want to get carried away as it's only one game but it was nice to have a few genuine goal scoring opportunities.

Post goal celebration was a joy to watch as well.

46 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

My son can read the game a lot better than me, my limit is have we got the ball.

He commented that Bobby Barr had a very good game.

Don't want to get carried away as it's only one game but it was nice to have a few genuine goal scoring opportunities.

Post goal celebration was a joy to watch as well.

Bobby’s best game for us put in a great shift.

3 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Thomson missed two open goals with the Stirling keeper nowhere, although otherwise he had a very good game.
Didn’t help Stirling’s cause to have no one playing left back.

We did have a left back on the park, not that it looked like it at times. 

17 hours ago, wulliemc said:

Maybe so but Cowden wasted several golden opportunities to make him pick it out the net a few more times and deserved to win by a greater margin than 1-0.

First have was fairly even, if uninspired by either side. We were a second half shambles and but for some poor finishing Cowden could have won by more. Our only player showing some energy, Sean Heaver was taken off early.

There were times in the second half when I thought some of our players had paid to get in and were only there as spectators.

We have some decent players for level four in the club but somehow the team on the park too often becomes less than the sum of its parts.