Aberdeen v St Mirren. 4/12/21

10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

This is the worst part. Hearts fans said the same last week too and its nice to see we have no fear on the road.

So why are we so ball-achingly negative and dull at home?

Perhaps because other teams have the good sense to come to our place and stop us playing 😂

That was an enjoyable game of football between both sides that attacked. It could be Aberdeen best performance in the league. 

This might sound daft after a 4-1 defeat but I was impressed with St Mirren especially the fight from the players after 2-0 and 3-1. Think St Mirren are a decent side on a bad run.

Edited by betting competition

Enjoyed that - but never felt comfortable until we got the 4th.
The early goals clearly helped, as did getting a third a few seconds after 2-1..........but moreover St Mirren playing a fairly open attacking style probably aided us too, as we have tended to struggle more against the league's $hitfesters.
I have been fairly consistent in my view that of the loanees, Jenks is far the most impressive looking player (not a high bar admittedly), but alas the red card in Paisley set him back weeks.  He came on just at a good time yesterday as Emmanuel-Thomas was clearly wilting after a fine first half (and 90mins in midweek), but Jenks helped regain control of the match and contributed to a really slick fourth goal.
Still defensive concerns though, especially down our left in this one, but got away with it here.
These 'winnable' fixtures looked make or break for Glass and his management team's credibility in terms of getting fans back onside and even continuing in their roles. Both tests have been passed, with some nice fitba along the way.  
Hopefully Perth is a tad less baltic than these last two matches have been.

Very enjoyable week, that puts us in a much healthier looking league position.  Played some nice stuff in both games. But problems remain.  I think we've almost certainly got the third best squad in the league,  but we always look capable of conceding and in this league if you concede you will drop points far more often than not.