Aberdeen v St Mirren. 4/12/21

HT 3-1
Don’t know where to start with that. We started brightly and Brophy had a good chance early on, one on one. But he dithered and the defender got back and blocked the shot out for a corner.
Then Aberdeen get a free kick and horrific defending gives them a free header from the cross, Alnwick saved, rebound tapped in. Second goal looked offside originally but it was on, more bad defending. Then we could have been three down, but Ramirez couldn’t get his toe on a flash across goal. That was all inside the first ten minutes.
Things did settle down a bit then, and we’ve had three or four good chances. Millar had a header off the line, and then he went through one on one and had it saved. Was also a corner headed toward goal that Lewis saved on to the post. Then we scored a good goal, Millar down the right and well finished by Tanser. Back in the game. 40 seconds later it’s 3-1, decent goal but again, should have been defended better.
Game is wide open and I’d be surprised if there wasn’t more goals second half. Could lose this 5-1 or draw it 3-3.

We are murder. Aberdeen have our number, they've completely taken advantage of our 3 at the back. And we've not dealt with any time they've pressed. We really need a plan b. 

Thought a foul could've been given at the first goal as there was a push on Millar. Millar needs to be tighter though. 

Fucking ridiculous start and end to the half. I know game management is a buzz phrase but we have f'ck all of it.

Defending and goalkeeping for the first is a disgrace. Our finishing is a disgrace. Aberdeen have looked like they will score with every attack but then again we have had 4/5 chances too. Just not clinical enough.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

JET strolling it but get some hassle from idiots in the RDL.

I've taken to praising him at every opportunity. Loudly.

Not sure I’ve ever seen a player so polarising in his play. 

can go from complete diddy to riquelme week to week. Fantastic to watch on his day though. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not sure I’ve ever seen a player so polarising in his play. 

can go from complete diddy to riquelme week to week. Fantastic to watch on his day though. 

Aye, which is fair enough.

Folk screaming at him for Ojo passing it 5 yards past him gets on my tits though.

8 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

We always look shakier without Tait back there. Looks to me like McGrath is badly needing a rest, I’d get Dennis on for him and go two up top since the game’s more or less gone anyway.

Said it in another thread, but if you take McGrath’s cool penalty style away, purely on midfield footballing performances, I don’t get the McGrath hype. I like him, I do, but he’s largely anonymous in the majority of games. I, like many on here, have watched St Mirren for manys a long year now, and have seen my share of genuine talent, and diddies…. McGrath’s general play simply does not deserve the ‘hype’ talk IMHO.