Aberdeen v St Mirren. 4/12/21

55 minutes ago, Blaze said:

Making the trip up this weekend, more in hope than anything else.

Last time I was there was the League Cup penalty shoot out win in 2013.

We've got to hump somebody at some point. 

With the chances being created you would think it's got to come soon given the stats. However Aberdeen are finding their mojo and have to be favourites.  

Wednesday was just about as comfortable a win as we will get all season. Livi were abject. Be interesting to see how St Mirren approach the game. They should really come and have a go but after going a goal up on Weds, we looked quite dangerous on the break, so Saints may choose to sit in and hit us on the break. Should be a decent game and actually quite looking forward to it. 

7 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Wednesday was just about as comfortable a win as we will get all season. Livi were abject. Be interesting to see how St Mirren approach the game. They should really come and have a go but after going a goal up on Weds, we looked quite dangerous on the break, so Saints may choose to sit in and hit us on the break. Should be a decent game and actually quite looking forward to it.

Sorry to piss on yer chips, min but Collum’s the ref.

55 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Any pub recommendations to take in early KO and have half decent food that’s buddie friendly ?

The Scotia.

On a serious note, basically every city centre bar is 'no football colours' so as long as you're not acting like arseholes you should be fine. I'd just avoid the ones closer to Pittodrie.

48 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

The Scotia.

On a serious note, basically every city centre bar is 'no football colours' so as long as you're not acting like arseholes you should be fine. I'd just avoid the ones closer to Pittodrie.

Is "no football colours" still a thing?  I agree that every pub is Buddie-friendly or at least Buddie-tolerant.

For reasonable food and simultaneous Live Red Hot Barclays Action you'd be looking at maybe the Stag or McGinty's I reckon.  Both a bit further away but still only a 20-odd minute walk to the away end.  The Illicit Still shutting down is a pain.  

1 hour ago, geo87 said:

Any pub recommendations to take in early KO and have half decent food that’s buddie friendly ?

The Wild Boar is decent enough food. Same with ma Cameron's. Both in Belmont Street area.

Or Old Blackfriars in the Castlegate.

There's always Brewdog for burgers btu it depends if you like their beer and have taken out a 2nd mortgage to pay for it.

1 minute ago, resk said:

Is "no football colours" still a thing?  I agree that every pub is Buddie-friendly or at least Buddie-tolerant.

For reasonable food and simultaneous Live Red Hot Barclays Action you'd be looking at maybe the Stag or McGinty's I reckon.  Both a bit further away but still only a 20-odd minute walk to the away end.  The Illicit Still shutting down is a pain.  

And if they're walking that far up Union Street, there's The Howff.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your food more than you enjoy the game, buddies.

2 minutes ago, resk said:

As far as I'm aware. Things could have changed post Covid though.

5 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Maybe no away colours is a thing but none of the pubs I go to seem to bother.

Me neither.  I can't see any pub in Aberdeen refusing to serve someone for wearing an Aberdeen or St Mirren scarf/top tomorrow.  It's fairly common to see away fans (with the obvious exceptions!) with scarfs and that in the "home" pubs close to Pittodrie and the pubs in town. 

Edited by resk

The ‘no football colours’ is old fashioned but I always thought it applied more away from the ground is more aimed at folk going out for a session to watch a televised game I.e a *** going out to a city centre pub decked out in full rangers gear to watch them play. 

Pre match pints around the ground are fairly low risk. 

We actually have a non-awful recent record against Aberdeen. We don't really play on the counter - we are typically decent for the back two thirds of the pitch in terms of possession etc. So a close game I reckon; 2-1 Dons if they manage to keep their heads. 

2 hours ago, geo87 said:

There is ( was ) a golf club at the beach end next to the stadium who welcomed Saints fans . Don's fans there also never any trouble. Places to eat accross the road a great fish supper there. 

9 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

There is ( was ) a golf club at the beach end next to the stadium who welcomed Saints fans . Don's fans there also never any trouble. Places to eat accross the road a great fish supper there. 

I think Mike's Famous fish and chips is shut.