Arthur Labinjo-Hughes case

ICTChris

Even after all he was put through in his short time on earth, his 'guardians' cannot prioritise Arthur's dignity in death?

That poor wee soul never stood a chance from the off - he's been comprehensively betrayed by life itself.

Honestly, I have no words - 'beyond tragic' could never adequately express it.

22 hours ago, Scott Steiner said:

How can people be so cruel and evil?

Watching about this on the news was bloody difficult.

11 hours ago, hk blues said:

Obviously the physical abuse the poor kid suffered is beyond shocking but it's the stuff like this that breaks me.  Welling up again just thinking about it.

11 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Even after all he was put through in his short time on earth, his 'guardians' cannot prioritise Arthur's dignity in death?

That poor wee soul never stood a chance from the off - he's been comprehensively betrayed by life itself.

Honestly, I have no words - 'beyond tragic' could never adequately express it.

What kind of people could listen to that poor kid wailing that nobody loves him and do nothing?

Just try reading the link to the Mail story posted by ICTChris above, then ask yourselves :

Is there really any place in a any kind of a civilised society for people like this?

What kind of fucked up world do we live in Now?

I am so distressed by this. My son is 3 and it has made me just reassess everything I thought was important in my life. I was worried about work but after seeing the video of Arthur, I just cannot comprehend how anything can be more important than the love I feel for my child. My heart breaks for Arthur. I have always tried to understand that there are no bad people just bad actions but I can no longer justify this to myself. The fact they and she lied to cover up there actions means the know what they did was wrong and evil. The not wanting to hear victim impact statements, to me says that to hear this would mean acceptance of their own acts and therefore responsibility. Evil does exist. 

We put our tree up today and I've just been doing the Elf on the Shelf stuff for the kids, can't wait to see their reactions in the morning. Even through doing this I've had difficulty focusing on the fact that this poor wee guy never got to experience these simple pleasures and it's utterly heartbreaking.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-59637683

Sounds a very similar case.

Five referrals were made by family members and friends to Bradford City Council between January and September 2020, including a final alert from Smith's grandfather, Frank, weeks before Star's death.

Awful details.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-59599884

58 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

"

"We are very aware as partners that there is much that we need to learn from this case.

"We have already put in place actions that will improve our practice so we learn those lessons. But we need to fully understand why opportunities to better protect Star were missed."

Wtf does that shite actually mean?

"

"We are very aware as partners that there is much that we need to learn from this case.

"We have already put in place actions that will improve our practice so we learn those lessons. But we need to fully understand why opportunities to better protect Star were missed."

"Please don't sack us"

No doubt these horrific cases will lead to the voters pushing for increased social work spending rather than hand-wringing on social media while voting for cuts and an insignificant cut in Income Tax.

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

"

Just meaningless, nothingness. 

Thanks to those that stressed how bad the recordings were in the OP's post, just reading a bit of the article was plenty. 

7 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

"

Gets harder and harder to read these accounts, and the predictable, yet pathetic responses like this one, are painfully and woefully inadequate.

wi64Hnro_normal.jpg

What happened to Star Hobson is shocking and heartbreaking. We must protect children from these barbaric crimes and ensure lessons are learned.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/dec/14/star-hobson-murder-verdict-savannah-brockhill-frankie-smith

"A “cunning and clever” woman has been found guilty of murdering her girlfriend’s toddler daughter after being caught on CCTV “terrorising” the child when she was left to babysit.

Savannah Brockhill, 28, an amateur boxer and security guard who called herself the “number one psycho”, punched 16-month Star Hobson to death in Keighley, West Yorkshire, on 22 September 2020."

Whole life tariff for this piece of shit, surely ?

One of the social services cases’ raised about the mother and partner was dismissed by social services as malicious. It hasn’t been stated exactly why but it seems likely it was concluded the complaints were motivated by prejudice against travellers and lesbians. The child was killed a week later.

The heads of social services at Bradford Council has already resigned, the department had previously been severely criticised by inspectors in 2018. 

One of the social services cases’ raised about the mother and partner was dismissed by social services as malicious. It hasn’t been stated exactly why but it seems likely it was concluded the complaints were motivated by prejudice against travellers and lesbians. The child was killed a week later.
The heads of social services at Bradford Council has already resigned, the department had previously been severely criticised by inspectors in 2018. 

Daily Mail (I know) quoted it as being dismissed as a result of homophobia, or at least that is what the couple reasoned to the authorities why the complaint had been brought against them.

I would absolutely approve cases like this and Arthur Labinjo-Hughes as being merited for full life tariff. I would say that anyone found guilty of murdering a child in these circumstances have forfeited their right to a life outside of prison ever again.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/dec/14/star-hobson-murder-verdict-savannah-brockhill-frankie-smith
"A “cunning and clever” woman has been found guilty of murdering her girlfriend’s toddler daughter after being caught on CCTV “terrorising” the child when she was left to babysit.
Savannah Brockhill, 28, an amateur boxer and security guard who called herself the “number one psycho”, punched 16-month Star Hobson to death in Keighley, West Yorkshire, on 22 September 2020."

There are times when I truly fucking despise the human race. This thread being one of the best examples.

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I know it’s a minor point in terms of the horrific abuse there people have done, but the 999 calls are really hard to understand.   You’ve just killed a child and you’re hoping a paramedic is going to turn up and call nothing wrong?

As for full life terms, i don’t know the post-brexit legal position, but before brexit we were under a bit of pressure to end these,  expected to give all a time when their imprisonment would be reviewed.

On that does anyone have any information on long life prisoners typically stay beyond their minimum term? There’s bound to be a fair few who can’t satisfy a parol board 

Just when will the tv news start talking about the elephant in the room? The underfunding of these services to keep folk safe?

About a week after Labour take over as the UK government and they can pin the blame on them?