Arthur Labinjo-Hughes case

ICTChris

39 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Then again, maybe there are some holiday camps that are so truly awful you just might feel like you are in jail.

Just a thought.

Craig Tara.

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

Craig Tara.

I went there recently for 3 days as an close by alternative to traipsing to CenterParcs and something different just to give my wife a few days peace and quiet at home by herself. I was naive about Craig Tara.

The caravan was the best I’ve ever seen and the kids absolutely loved it but my oh my. 

A lot of the kids were wild and the adults were pishing against the sides of caravans by 8pm on day 1.

you don’t get THAT at Whinfell Forest! 

3 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Pontins (Southport) 1991 likes this. 

Around 1991, I served time in a Pontins in Cornwall.

It's been abandoned for years and now looks like those modern photos of Pripyat. I'm not seeing much a difference from when I was there TBH.

3 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

A 2 week cruise with crusty boomers or 2 days in Barlinne.

Barlinne wins easily tbf.

Joke's on you - I've known a couple of crusty boomers who've served time in Barlinnie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The murderer in the case above also lied to adoption services about her finances and health.

The local authorities did not know that she was in counselling for anger management issues, as well as anxiety and depression. They did not check her assertion about the amount of alcohol she consumed (she claimed two bottles of wine a week, the real figure was six). They did not uncover that she and her husband had significant debts that they couldn’t service with their current incomes. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-62332463

I can’t believe they couldn’t do a financial check on her, or make an assessment of her bank accounts part of the process. The information about her health and drinking was in her medical records but they weren’t part of the checks. She clearly lied to the authorities but the information was there to be found, not exactly buried somewhere.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The murderer in the case above also lied to adoption services about her finances and health.

The local authorities did not know that she was in counselling for anger management issues, as well as anxiety and depression. They did not check her assertion about the amount of alcohol she consumed (she claimed two bottles of wine a week, the real figure was six). They did not uncover that she and her husband had significant debts that they couldn’t service with their current incomes. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-62332463

I can’t believe they couldn’t do a financial check on her, or make an assessment of her bank accounts part of the process. The information about her health and drinking was in her medical records but they weren’t part of the checks. She clearly lied to the authorities but the information was there to be found, not exactly buried somewhere.

Some people employed in Social Work and related fields are useless lazy c***s.  Sadly that allows right wing politicians and their lackeys in the MSM to promote the view that everyone in Social Work and related fields are useless lazy c***s

• 2 weeks later...

Article about the Logan Mwangi murder case. Just some truly dreadful people. The poor boy, thrust into that scenario, a lunatic, violent bullying stepdad, a narcissistic mother who didn’t care about him and a seriously disturbed stepbrother. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/logan-mwangi-and-craig-mulligan-the-two-boys-who-never-stood-a-chance-lxvhkb006?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=paid_social&utm_campaign=FY23_Q1_FlashSale-£1-for-3months_wk6%2F7-CBO&utm_content=TNL-SubscriberLookalikesContent_Feed%26Storieslogan-mwangi-craig-mulligan&fbclid=IwAR26eWUA9K9bnuE7A-ZxzyBVL6LgfN3dKM31VU_sqx0Pfm75GCmJTfrMAa8_aem_AVjFywONbrYCtYZ20QuSeb-VXc3oeeOWxWsX0o29pev96pdUErZs5Cvhd3SVTcfL5cXyUEN24QH6O_33y78EPUK89s3evoo3bnI4LH88pvMbQWwnLY1QVs17SwYQNP76Qs0&fs=e&s=cl

One detail from the article stood out. While her partner and stepson went and threw the body of her murdered five year old in a river Angharad Williamson watched videos of pimple popping and BMWs on her phone.

• 3 months later...

Report into the Logan Mwangi murder reveals that information wasn’t shared between agencies. The five year old was taken to hospital with a broken arm and was seen to be covered in bruises, this wasn’t shared with child protection or social work.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63749813

Article about how his primary school is remembering Logan, heartbreaking. How do they explain this to his classmates?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63741703

• 4 months later...

Another horrific case of child murder 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65123593.amp

This lead me to reading this, probably the most disturbing case in this ilk I’ve ever heard of. Don’t read past the warning if it upsets you.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64951673.amp

Has this always happened and we’ve either not heard of it or it wasn’t reported? If not, why has this increased?  The cases all seem to have similar aspects, male partners attacking children they’ve moved into the home off, child’s mother doesn’t protect them or joins in abuse, drugs and alcohol also present. Is there something more going on?

Why the f**k did I post in this thread, thereby adding it to my activity stream.

No way I'm reading those links, but I don't think child abuse is any more prevalent, it's just that it's taken more seriously now and people are more likely to report it. The details of these cases are horrifying and make you want to murder someone, or better yet go back in time and rescue the poor wee b*****ds, but even more depressing is the thought that an alarming percentage of the population barely count as human in their treatment of defenceless children.

I've seen it estimated that around 1% of the population are paedophiles, then on top of that you've got the monsters who think nothing of casually torturing kids, most of whom will never be caught. You could go crazy thinking about this.

It's important to make the distinction between peadophiles and sexual abusers though. The former have a sexual attraction to children but the majority will not commit any offences, the latter could well abuse children but not necessarily be peadophiles (i.e. they do it because they are accessible victims, not that they specifically target children).

Being a peadophile is probably one of the worst affliction any human being can have, you wouldn't wish it on your worst enemy. There should be resources available to identify them early and get them the treatment they need to prevent them offending. Indeed pretty much any strategy that protects victims should be seriously considered.

As for the cases mentioned above, I imagine similar has happened throughout human history but not been reported. As hard as they are to read, awareness and education should help increase focus on the issue and reduce the instances of it happening in future. I suspect many of the perpetrators were themselves viciously abused as kids (not that it is any excuse). Break the cycle, stop all violence to children (and eventually all violence altogether).

The biggest sexual abuse case in the west midlands also came to a close with a range of convictions and heavy sentences yesterday - BBC News Twenty-one convicted in West Midlands child sex abuse inquiry
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-65189785

Sadly, as we all know, it would be much bigger news had the perpetrators not been white.

Sorry you disagree with? Again, seems a quite obvious factual statement.

And, fwiw, the opposite is equally true in south east Asia. White people running a sexual abuse ring is big news (maybe even global news) - locals doing it wouldn't be much of a story.

Important to look just beyond the face of things and try to understand why they are portrayed as they are.

In the UK, immigrant (or just non white) abusers would be used as a political tool - and we know them because it repeatedly has been (the prime minister even used it recently). Sorry if that bores you, but it's accurate and relevant.

16 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Sorry you disagree with? Again, seems a quite obvious factual statement.

And, fwiw, the opposite is equally true in south east Asia. White people running a sexual abuse ring is big news (maybe even global news) - locals doing it wouldn't be much of a story.

Important to look just beyond the face of things and try to understand why they are portrayed as they are.

In the UK, immigrant (or just non white) abusers would be used as a political tool - and we know them because it repeatedly has been (the prime minister even used it recently). Sorry if that bores you, but it's accurate and relevant.

It's not a factual statement.  

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this sort of thing is on the rise, and iv never seen or heard anything that's even close to the horrors on this thread. When your kids get to a certain age though and you start seeing a cross section of other kids their age, it sort if opens your eyes. My daughters wee pal went into school quite upset the other day. So I sent my one running after her to check she was OK. When mine came home she said her wee pal was upset because she hadn't had any breakfast. 

Not for a second do I think this wee lassie us abused, but I think it speaks to how much of a struggle it is for some folk. If you then add in addiction, stress, depression, abusive partners and so on, and let's be honest, in each case you also have to assume.... Being an utterly horrible, evil shitbag already, you have a recipe for resenting/blaming the kids and spiralling from there probably. 

I guess with increasing poverty in the country, you get increasing prevalence of stuff like these happening?