Arthur Labinjo-Hughes case

ICTChris

Having already gone through my teenage edgelord phase, tracking down true crime footage from cases like this, you couldn't pay me enough money to watch/listen to anything to do with this. That shit stays with you, even a quarter of a century later. Just reading about what the kid said is traumatising.

Read a court transcript once of an animal abuse trial where some scumbags tortured a cat to death and walked away scot-free. At one point the video they made was played in court and narrated by the prosecutor; never forget him regularly punctuating his commentary with the phrase, "the cat is still alive"  :shutup

Can't even bring myself to read anything beyond the headlines.   Like many, I cannot help but  imagine my son having to live such an existence.  

Truly horrific and for so many reasons and mainly because we all probably know nothing will change.

Absolutely heartbreaking. The video of this wee lad emaciated, struggling to lift his duvet due to lack of energy muttering 'no one loves me....no one will feed me' is just....can't really put it into words. And that's before you read about some of the stuff he's been put through on a physical/emotional level.

13 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Also worth noting the unholy alliance of groups in Scotland who worked tooth and nail to get the Named Person scheme struck down to score a goal against the government

Including cheered on by the daily mail. Forgive me if I think any concern they have over the welfare of the most vulnerable is masked by an overriding sense to divide and profiteer with impunity.

As other have said social work are woefully underfunded however serious questions have to be asked and should another lockdown or similar event ever happen again hopefully work can be done to make sure sick vile b*****d's don't take advantage.

I won't repeat any of the details released which badly affected me and many on here, but the father must have been known to the authorities as a person of very low mental capacity, while the stepmother's wickedness and manipulative behaviour should have been on social work records: she has four children of her own, two of them now living with their respective fathers which would have been information available to social work.

Nonetheless, I'll concede that that service is struggling due to lack of investment and staff, but an extreme case such as this, which had so many indications and triggers that something was badly amiss, should surely have been prevented.

Social workers and police have but cut and cut to the bare bones. The only time we here about social work is when things go catastrophicly wrong. 

This pour wee soul suffered in a way no human should. His mother was already in jail for murder, these two twisted souls seem to have been hell bent on a torturing this kid and killing him. 

Not much to add here but to the general sentiment. The thought of that wee lad suffering and suffering and suffering in all those ways is just horrifying. 

Sentencing today. But no sentence will be enough. No sentence can undo a life made so very miserable and so very short. 

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Not much to add here but to the general sentiment. The thought of that wee lad suffering and suffering and suffering in all those ways is just horrifying. 

Sentencing today. But no sentence will be enough. No sentence can undo a life made so very miserable and so very short. 

It won't happen but those two should die behind bars imo. How cold, emotionless and psychopathic do you have to be to not view your own child as someone to love and care for, but to torture, humiliate and ultimately kill? This is bad enough but to take videos, and encourage each other over social media is impossible to get one's head around.

I don't believe for a fucking second you can rehabilitate such people. 

I noticed the stepmothers lawyer was noted as stating to judge that her client had faced intimidation and violence in prison already and it had impacted her mental health.

Boo fucking hoo.

I noticed the stepmothers lawyer was noted as stating to judge that her client had faced intimidation and violence in prison already and it had impacted her mental health.
Boo fucking hoo.

Good. I seriously hope the guards 'accidentally' leave her cell door unlocked on a regular occurrence.

15 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Boo fucking hoo.

At least she’ll be able to rationalise why she’s being treated like this.  

That poor we laddie will have spent his life having no clue why he was being treated the way he was.  Poor wee lad likely spent his time trying to be good, trying to please just to get a bit of unpoisoned food and not be tortured.

Hope they both get the shite kicked out of them on a daily basis in prison.

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

Boo fucking hoo.

Good. I hope she has her fucking eyes gouged out.

I don't remember ever being so angry and appalled by a crime, but this is just beyond the pale. The dad sending her a text saying "just end him" is one thing out of many that really got to me, so I've no qualms about wishing the same on that worthless piece of shit.

15 hours ago, ICTChris said:

He

There is about one murder a week of a child in the UK, on average.  That will include teenagers as well but seems shockingly high to me.  Having said that, in the last few days there has been the murder of a 16 year old in Hamilton and a 14 year old in Liverpool maybe I'm niave.

I've heard a few details about the Hamilton case today that are extremely tragic. We'll probably be discussing it when the legal proceedings are over.

I was on a jury that had a case not as bad, but quite similar to this, basically a 3 month old baby being used as a punching bag by his father. In this case luckily Social work/doctors had got to the baby in time, but when they took him to the hospital he had 17 fractures, at 3 months old, some of them already healed up because they were so old. This included 2 fractures in his skull.

The guy sat there looking almost smug through the whole thing. The worst bit was the babies mother going on the stand to defend him. The whole thing was sickening and I hope I never have to do anything like that again. As it happens I didn't get to give a verdict, the case was stopped and we were excused. It was picked up again a month or so later and a new jury found him guilty and he was jailed for 8.5 years. I'd basically been googling the guy's name weekly in the hope of finding out what had happened and it was a massive relief when I found he'd been sent down.

Good. I seriously hope the guards 'accidentally' leave her cell door unlocked on a regular occurrence.

The 2 of them will end up in the most secure of secure units with interactions with the rest of the population heavily supervised and minimised.

Which is a fucking shame.

During the trial it was raised by Tustins defence that she was under constant threat in jail. Her cellmate testified against her and said she called Arthur a “little fucker” when talking about it.

No mention of anything on Hughes, I assume that people convicted of these crimes are targeted in both male and female prisons. Maybe it is worse for Tustin as there are more make offenders with records of violence against women and children than female, he can blend in more.

Skimmed through the page and after reading what that wee soul had went through i seriously hope they 2 cnuts have their lives ended in prison for what they done to that wee boy and even at that it still wouldnt be enough justice for what they done. Truly heartbreaking on seeing the footage and reading about what they done to him. There are lads i work with talking about it saying they couldnt bring themselves to read or watch anymore for what happened its that disturbing and it is.