Spotify Year Wrapped

AsimButtHitsASix

I'm self absorbed enough to enjoy finding out what stuff I've been listening to all year but I'm also interesting enough that you should also find out. Intrigued to see the musical tastes of PnB in general. Anyway, according to the app...

I spent 21,472 minutes (358 hours or just under 15 days - works out to one hour a day) listening to Spotify.

My top five songs were

200 Degrees by Sally Yeh (which I listened to 14 times.)
Cairistion' nighean Eòghainn by Eabhal
500 Channels by Choking Victim
Bottled in Cork by Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
Cut Your Bangs by Radiator Hospital

I listened to 108 genres, apparently, and the top five were:
punk
folk punk
ska
riot grrrl
new wave

And I heard 2,043 different artists, and the top five were...

The Ramones
Leftöver Crack
Green Day
Those Dancing Days
Bleached

I got a few stats about podcasts too but I use a few different apps for podcasts so paid no notice to them. But Just One Cornetto made it into the top five which was nice.

My girlfriend and I have a joint account. She spent six pounds an hour on hers.

Top five for me were Nightmares on Wax, Childish Gambino, Quasimoto, Young Fathers and BROCKHAMPTON.

D558E786-E2FC-40D3-A20B-5724A9FDA227.jpeg

Edited by Smurph

I listened to music on Spotify more than 93% of subscribers in the last 12 months [emoji85]

Can’t wait to see When Rivers Meet twice in May and The White Buffalo in April. Just can’t beat good music, would hate life without it!!

IMG_5396.jpg

IMG_5398.jpg

At the start of the year I was amongst the top 0.1% of Spotify haters. Then I got ill and was surprised to learn that I couldn't take my record player into hospital. So I got on my niece's Spotify and... it's ok. I embraced a small piece of the technology and my head didn't explode. So apparently I have listened a fair bit to Windy & Carl, Celer, Alex Albrecht, Huerco S, Sven Wunder, Low, Tangled Shoelaces, Horsegirl and GAS.

Wow, you spend so much time on music. I haven't seen this for a long time! Usually, I listen to music on Spotify, and sometimes I want to download a few songs from this site -- https://semma-botha.rabbit-mp3.com/ because sometimes I listen to music in the car, and I need it. And in general, I think everyone should download their favorite songs from this site and save them to some folder. I think you will come back to them often. But it's more convenient for me to listen to music already on the computer, while many people prefer only Spotify and nothing else. But I like to have MP3 files on my computer.

Edited by Lov66

At the start of the year I was amongst the top 0.1% of Spotify haters. Then I got ill and was surprised to learn that I couldn't take my record player into hospital. So I got on my niece's Spotify and... it's ok. I embraced a small piece of the technology and my head didn't explode. So apparently I have listened a fair bit to Windy & Carl, Celer, Alex Albrecht, Huerco S, Sven Wunder, Low, Tangled Shoelaces, Horsegirl and GAS.

Hope everything is ok health wise now, but just out of nosiness, what was/is your issues with Spotify?

34 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Hope everything is ok health wise now, but just out of nosiness, what was/is your issues with Spotify?

I know tihs wasn't asked of me but I'm answering anyway

First of all the knee's better thanks. Just a bit of tendonitis. 

My issue with Spotify is they don't tend to pay much to artists per stream. Part of this, especially for major label bands, is because the label takes a massive cut of streams. When I hear, I dunno, Taylor Swift having a whinge that she only gets 0.00000001p per stream and ye look into and realise her label is making about 40 times as much per stream I feel like she's shouting at the wrong crowd there. Indie artists certainly make more per stream but, obviously, still not a huge amount. Which is all the more galling when they're paying Joe Rogan millions for his podcast. 

This, however, is evened out by how easy it is to discover new artists (or re-discover old ones) on Spotify if ye use it well. I probably made Suggested Friends about... 2p with a few hundred streams of their songs but I was also notified by Spotify they were playing in Glasgow so went along and gave them ticket money and saw Pocket Knife as the support and streamed them on Spotify and then gave them ticket money for their own gig and then discovered they were on a cool hipster Christmas sampler and found three or four bands on that sampler and bought tickets to see two of them and so on. 

As much as the money Spotify give to, I dunno, Eabhall might be pennies it's not like I was gonna go into HMV and buy their album. I wouldn't even have heard of them if Spotify never existed. 

On 02/12/2021 at 17:07, Smurph said:

My girlfriend and I have a joint account. She spent six pounds an hour on hers.

Top five for me were Nightmares on Wax, Childish Gambino, Quasimoto, Young Fathers and BROCKHAMPTON.

D558E786-E2FC-40D3-A20B-5724A9FDA227.jpeg

I gave Quasimoto a listen a few months ago because of your avatar. Some really good stuff. 

7 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I've always been  a vinyl junkie. Spotify is just something I never gave much thought to. You cant get too obscure with it but most of the time it comes up with the goods.

Very shocked at some on my list but I paint and often play a song or two when I start then have it on random, not a fan of Loch Lomond so a bit surprised at it being in there at all but the stats don't lie.

Screenshot_20211202-185249_Spotify.thumb.jpg.a544910daa67f66024a15d53270a66fe.jpgScreenshot_20211202-190308_Spotify.thumb.jpg.d8101fa6463872cf1a2f6224afe36527.jpg