East Fife vs Alloa

28 minutes ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

I think Alloa underestimated us. Yes we have been bad but we still have something about ourselves. Nobody can be unhappy with a point at Bayview this season.

I definitely don't think we are in the position to underestimate anyone and getting beat off CLyde, Peterhead, Brechin / Cowden in the cup etc, I don't think we would have. Yesterday was reflective of our whole season. Becoming complacement and indisciplined as the game goes on. We are a counter-attacking team, seems bizarre when we have players who can dominate but that will be why our record is better against the likes of Queen's Park and Falkirk. The subsitutes should have come earlier, we could all see it. East Fife were coming into the game when they hadn't really done so all game. There were tired legs in our team. Boyd and Sammon should've been on twenty minutes earlier, even before the red card. Take the initiative and don't just invite the pressure on. 

On paper, this squad should be a lot better than it is showing. Red cards have cost us three points in 4/5 games already this season. That is inexusable. However, there are other problems. The fact we have to keep playing Robbo left-back when he is our best midfielder is criminal. We don't get the best out of quality players like Scougall, etc, I'm not too sure what is going on there. Our midfield when you look at it is fantastic but it doesn't show. We lose the midfield battle more often than that. Still think, albeit must have been injured yesterday, we have to find a way to get Trouts back in this team. We'd be lost without the indivdual brilliance of a loanee up front, Henderson. I so hope we keep him, will we? I have my doubts. If you take him out the team though, it is a bleak picture. 

No doubt January we will see many in's and out's, it seems to be the way the manager works. We can't be wasting wages on players that he has no intention of playing though, alas Leighton, Church, Armstrong. Massive games until then though. With everyone as inconsistent as us, play-offs still very much acheivable. That has to be the minumum for that squad of players. 

Edited by KierenAAFC

3 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

I definitely don't think we are in the position to underestimate anyone and getting beat off CLyde, Peterhead, Brechin / Cowden in the cup etc, I don't think we would have. Yesterday was reflective of our whole season. Becoming complacement and indisciplined as the game goes on. We are a counter-attacking team, seems bizarre when we have players who can dominate but that will be why our record is better against the likes of Queen's Park and Falkirk. The subsitutes should have come earlier, we could all see it. East Fife were coming into the game when they hadn't really done so all game. There were tired legs in our team. Boyd and Sammon should've been on twenty minutes earlier, even before the red card. Take the initiative and don't just invite the pressure on. 

On paper, this squad should be a lot better than it is showing. Red cards have cost us three points in 4/5 games already this season. That is inexusable. However, there are other problems. The fact we have to keep playing Robbo left-back when he is our best midfielder is criminal. We don't get the best out of quality players like Scougall, etc, I'm not too sure what is going on there. Our midfield when you look at it is fantastic but it doesn't show. We lose the midfield battle more often than that. Still think, albeit must have been injured yesterday, we have to find a way to get Trouts back in this team. We'd be lost without the indivdual brilliance of a loanee up front, Henderson. I so hope we keep him, will we? I have my doubts. If you take him out the team though, it is a bleak picture. 

No doubt January we will see many in's and out's, it seems to be the way the manager works. We can't be wasting wages on players that he has no intention of playing though, alas Leighton, Church, Armstrong. Massive games until then though. With everyone as inconsistent as us, play-offs still very much acheivable. That has to be the minumum for that squad of players. 

Great summing up.

For me, indiscipline and players not doing it for the manager due to no trust or respect for him. Amazing for what he achieved as a player but probably sums him up as a manager at his previous appointments.

A return of 5 wins out of 16 games with that squad is absolutely nowhere near good enough for Alloa . Yes the squad needed surgery however there was a strong core of excellent professionals who have consistently mixed it in the championship for years prior to this season. 

Cawley Taggart , Parry Robertson Scougal  and Trouten would enhance every single team in this division. Simply not good enough.

We are in a relegation battle and the positive yesterday was that we never lost any ground on any of the teams in the bottom half . 

The worst Alloa team since 2010-11 when we were relegated under Alan Maitland in my opinion.  A long winter ahead 

Edited by Oweny

I hope not,but i think Henderson will be back to Hearts in January.If that happens we'll do well to avoid the relegation play offs,as we have nothing else to offer up front.This season has been utterly grim,and if Mike thinks Ferguson's doing a great job,then he's lost it,and we really need to worry about his running of our club if thats the case.Some of the worlds best players have been absolute disasters as managers.Reputation means nothing if you can't get results.For Ferguson's sake,and our sanity we better hold onto Henderson.

The defending for Alloa’s goal is so bad and basic. Someone has to take control of the situation whether it be one of the defenders or goalkeeper and just clear our lines. Our away form is embarrassingly bad so we have to be winning our home games and gifting teams a free goal has to stop.