Hibees v Steelmen 04.12.21

1 minute ago, Archie McSquackle said:

You'd need to take Nick Cusack with you!

I've just looked and buying a ticket for this game and the only option seems to be to collect it from Fir Park. I've not been to an away game this season - is there not an option to get an electronic ticket?

I got mine posted, maybe a bit late in the week for that now 

1 minute ago, Archie McSquackle said:

You'd need to take Nick Cusack with you!

I've just looked and buying a ticket for this game and the only option seems to be to collect it from Fir Park. I've not been to an away game this season - is there not an option to get an electronic ticket?

No - I'm in the same boat - it's a pain in the arse that (a) Hibs won't allow print-at-home or having the ticket on your phone and (b) Motherwell don't have a postal option on our ticketmaster. I've got tickets sitting at Fir Park and I'm not sure how I'm getting hold of them.

43 minutes ago, Swello said:

No - I'm in the same boat - it's a pain in the arse that (a) Hibs won't allow print-at-home or having the ticket on your phone and (b) Motherwell don't have a postal option on our ticketmaster. I've got tickets sitting at Fir Park and I'm not sure how I'm getting hold of them.

Pretty sure they said at the Dundee United game that Wednesday was the last day to order the tickets and have them delivered. They couldn't guarantee that the tickets would arrive before the game otherwise and therefor could result in people missing out.

I honestly am not sure if I want to go to the game or not. Not very familiar with the parking parking situation at hibs.

53 minutes ago, Swello said:

I assume the postal option gets removed around Wednesday.  I ordered mine on Tuesday, they were through the door on Wednesday.  Costs £1.

I managed to get mine posted out to me but yesterday was the last day for posting as far as I know. Total pain in the arse for those that decide late on that they want to go but don’t live near FP.

12 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Pretty sure they said at the Dundee United game that Wednesday was the last day to order the tickets and have them delivered. They couldn't guarantee that the tickets would arrive before the game otherwise and therefor could result in people missing out.

I honestly am not sure if I want to go to the game or not. Not very familiar with the parking parking situation at hibs.

I ordered on Wednesday but maybe I was too late in the day. It's my general moan that actually going to (away) games has moved from "turn up, pay some money, go in" to half arsed "cashless" options that just makes it more complicated than it needs to be. If clubs want to go cashless and track who's coming in that's totally fine - I'd love to be able buy tickets online in advance and use a QR code on my phone at the turnstyles - that's not a hard thing to do in 2021. 

Easter Rd isn't the easiest for parking - at least not if you want to get close. I tend not to drive when we're playing hibs but I would probably park somewhere up around meadowbank or down in deepest Leith where I used to stay

Re tickets. You can definitely use the phone QR code. Lots of people do. My ST is also on the phone in case I forget the physical one. With some phones you might need to turn up the brightness. 

As far as I know, no physical tickets are being sold to away fans all season. Not sure why tbqhwy.

Second, there is a food bank collection point at the club store on Saturday.

Probably only of interest to Hibs fans this one - there is a Food Bank collection point at both Hibs clubstores, Easter Road and Gyle Shopping Centre, these have been open from November 22nd to December 22nd.

25 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Aye we usually park near Meadowbank stadium and walk through the wee park.

That's a decent spot, but you can also park at Sainsbury's and walk across the bridge. Takes you straight to the away end.

2 hours ago, Swello said:

I ordered on Wednesday but maybe I was too late in the day. It's my general moan that actually going to (away) games has moved from "turn up, pay some money, go in" to half arsed "cashless" options that just makes it more complicated than it needs to be. If clubs want to go cashless and track who's coming in that's totally fine - I'd love to be able buy tickets online in advance and use a QR code on my phone at the turnstyles - that's not a hard thing to do in 2021. 

Easter Rd isn't the easiest for parking - at least not if you want to get close. I tend not to drive when we're playing hibs but I would probably park somewhere up around meadowbank or down in deepest Leith where I used to stay

Yeah, the Dundee United game was great as you bought the ticket, got the QR code and scanned that with your phone (or printed it out). Shame that not many other clubs do it.

I think it would be easier to get the train but I just got my new car so I was thinking about driving there.

Regarding the game the opener at Fir Park was my favourite game of the season. Indeed most recent games against Motherwell have been decent entertainment and fairly even encounters.

Can't really call Saturday. If Motherwell are as dangerous as they were on the opener and have looked since I think we'll struggle. Having said that the midfield trio of Campbell, JDH and Newell is fairly robust and barring the penalty Porteous looked imperious. Whether that's enough to keep Motherwell out I'm not so sure, but I'm not overly confident in our attacking capabilities.

We're looking for width from Doig and Cadden, and contrary to what I often see said from Well fans I think Cadden's crossing has been decent since he's came back. Can't say I've noticed much coming from Doig recently, tends to get turned inside and closed down too easily for me. 

Importantly though with just Nisbet and Boyle up top they don't have a huge amount to aim for, if Doidge isn't still suspended I'd maybe consider dropping Nisbet for this one.

Curious to know from Motherwell fans if Van Veen and Watt are a working partnership? Big fan of the latter and Van Veen looked impressive against us. 

Edited by Chefki Kuqi

Really interesting- and pretty big- game for us. As the table starts to take shape, I think top 5 is probably a realistic goal for us. That would require finishing above at least one bigger team in either Hearts, United, Hibs or Aberdeen. A win here would go a long way towards that in terms of Hibs, but a loss coupled with the games in hand probably swings the advantage back in their favour.

That was a long winded way of saying that it would be good if we win because it would help us finish higher up- I'd probably take a draw. 

15 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Funnily enough I was in Dusit yesterday for lunch with my wife - lovely as always, and the staff are brilliant. 

The guys I am out with on Saturday always want a BYOB gaff as opposed to focusing on the grub (last time was a place called Bluerapa opposite the polis station in Haymarket - it was "ok after a few bevvies").

We are meeting up at Tollcross Saturday, and instead of going to the "expensive" Thai (Passorn) opposite Cloisters pub we are going to a wee place in Leven Street called Absolute Thai. http://www.absolutethai.co.uk/

Its one of those generic green / red curry places, food is fine but not fine dining, if you get my drift. I was there a few years back and Dave MacPherson (ex Hearts) was there with some of his mates, he was pished and eyeing up my wife the cheeky c**t.........😂

The next time I get back to Edinburgh what are the must-eat Thai places I should go to? 

5 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Motherwell fans on this forum are very polite. 

Always seem good lads tbqhwy.

My only gripe is their weird Paneer obsession, but as the trend this week is toward Thai, we can all rest easy.

1 hour ago, AmericanFan said:

The next time I get back to Edinburgh what are the must-eat Thai places I should go to? 

The aforementioned Dusit in Thistle Street is always a fave. Central and very consistent.

I'm always confident we'll score these days but it really depends what version of our defence turns up. Any good result we've had this season seems to be followed by a shocker and vice versa. The result during the week was a good one so....

I'd take a draw right now.