Clyde v Peterheed

Just on the off chance Danny is thinking of staying, could anyone at the game please head down to the home dugout and ask him to leave? 

Apparently he has the utmost respect for the Clyde support so he may listen...

Edited by RutherGlen

Selling the centre of the park to accommodate Jones is a new low. It's basically been Splaine vs 4 in there. 

Peterhead have looked great in fairness. Until you realise they started today a whole point ahead of us.

See a back four. Does anyone really think it's a serious option any longer? Arthritic defenders and big spaces don't recommend themselves to one another. And that's our lot. At least while Lennon insists on Docherty, Munro before him or Rumsby getting in before Livingstone and Deveney.

The only shape we can play without being picked off easily is a 3-5-2. The only games in which a four has worked is where we've played the most toothless teams in the league. Dumbarton. East Fife. QP with their one front man. Alloa with their two defensive midfielders.

How you can want Goodwillie up top alone is beyond me too. When we had McStay, Banks, Rankin, Grant, Lamont, Syvertsen or Boyle behind him in a poorer league, yes. It worked very well. Now? It's a wild choice in my opinion. We have nowhere near enough about us to sustain any pressure with the midfield pool we have. Counter attacks, individual Goodwillie goals and set pieces are about our only hope. And we don't even have (cringe) McNiff to help us with the latter any longer.

That four or five in midfield will only work if it isn't inviting pressure onto itself. Goodwillie himself doesn't have it in him to stop advances. And a four at the back would only work if it never moved higher than the penalty spot, a la the first half at Links. And even then...

As for 'we don't have a decent partner for Goodwillie'. A warm body is better than the alternative, playing him alone. We gain no extra protection from it versus a 3-5-2. Cunningham. Andrew. A warm body is fine. If they can run just a bit more than Jones it'd be ideal.

Edited by Clydeside

Never seen a referee so shite in all my life. Blatant penalty. How he doesn’t give a high foot for that boot to the face I’ll never know. Playing against 12 all game. Will definitely take the point after that first half
Hopefully the footage of that high tackle is sent to police Scotland.

To not even award a foul was scandalous

Can't complain about Parry who actually had little to do despite Peterhead peppering our goal throughout. Splaine and Goodwillie played well.

The rest were awful. Gomis, Docherty and Elsdon in particular. Peterhead should have won at a canter.

I hope all the Danny shaggers are happy. 

I like the guy, genuinely think he’s done good at Clyde but we hit the high gaining promotion and since then it’s been a constant disaster. 

a must win game today - we did not win. Thanks fully I didn’t get to watch it but from what I’ve heard most of the same from last week. And the one man goody show again. Gg, where would we be without him???

time for Danny and co to go. Don’t give me this pish “who will we get in instead” we’ve gave Danny time to improve and turn the corner, and quite frankly he has not. 

A managers job is judged on results - look at the track record in league 1, shocking results. 

Need a complete clear out of the squad, back room staff, and even the clueless board who have been restricting budgets when I think every “owner” now can see we have sufficient money to be putting a good squad together. 

rant over. 

let’s laugh at Falkirk.