Clyde v Peterheed

It pains me to say it but I'm not going today. I'm still debating whether to even bother streaming it such is my anger/frustration with the club at the moment. 

I understand our role as fans is to support the team, particularly when things are tough, but I think we're way beyond that now. Blindly following the team and attending matches at the moment may be bearable for some but I don't have the stomach for it. 

I suggest others vote with their feet and give it a miss as I fear that as long as the base support continue to attend matches, the board will interpret that as acceptance and perhaps even that we condone things as they stand. I also can't see Danny Lennon walking even if we do lose today.

Too many mistakes have been made, mostly in terms of signings/recruitment and while I have nothing personal against any of our players/staff I don't think I'll be back at Broadwood until there is a major change at the club which sees something resembling a team on the park. I don't expect silky football or loads of goals but I do expect basic competency on the ball. I don't think it's lack of effort or commitment with our players but either they have no leadership and therefore no confidence/clue what to do or they simply aren't good enough - either way, the buck stops with Mr Lennon.

With all that said, I still obviously hope we win today but even if we do, I will not be interpreting it as some sort of corner turned. We're an absolute shambles at the moment and require serious change if we have any hope of staying up this year and progressing the next.

Edited by RutherGlen

In fairness, Peterhead didn't cope particularly well with Jones when he was thrown on last time. I'd be much happier with Goodwillie on his own and an extra body in midfield though.

Can't wait to see who is at right back.

14 minutes ago, David W said:

In fairness, Peterhead didn't cope particularly well with Jones when he was thrown on last time. I'd be much happier with Goodwillie on his own and an extra body in midfield though.

Can't wait to see who is at right back.

Got to be Docherty looking at the line up?

1 hour ago, RutherGlen said:

It pains me to say it but I'm not going today. I'm still debating whether to even bother streaming it such is my anger/frustration with the club at the moment. 

I understand our role as fans is to support the team, particularly when things are tough, but I think we're way beyond that now. Blindly following the team and attending matches at the moment may be bearable for some but I don't have the stomach for it. 

I suggest others vote with their feet and give it a miss as I fear that as long as the base support continue to attend matches, the board will interpret that as acceptance and perhaps even that we condone things as they stand. I also can't see Danny Lennon walking even if we do lose today.

Too many mistakes have been made, mostly in terms of signings/recruitment and while I have nothing personal against any of our players/staff I don't think I'll be back at Broadwood until there is a major change at the club which sees something resembling a team on the park. I don't expect silky football or loads of goals but I do expect basic competency on the ball. I don't think it's lack of effort or commitment with our players but either they have no leadership and therefore no confidence/clue what to do or they simply aren't good enough - either way, the buck stops with Mr Lennon.

With all that said, I still obviously hope we win today but even if we do, I will not be interpreting it as some sort of corner turned. We're an absolute shambles at the moment and require serious change if we have any hope of staying up this year and progressing the next.

Thought I had mistakenly opened the Falkirk thread. 😂