Q.P. vs Falkirk

14 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Official attendance was 1119. There were 800 Killie fans last week and Falkirk brought, I would say, just over half of the Killie numbers.

According to the figures from the BBC that would mean that there were nearly twice as many QP fans at the game than there were against Killie. Doesn't seem right. I could understand that if it were the other way round but can't see how you would have more fans for a League 1 game against pish opposition than you would for a cup game against opposition that you probably haven't played in a while. (I assume)

54 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

According to the figures from the BBC that would mean that there were nearly twice as many QP fans at the game than there were against Killie. Doesn't seem right. I could understand that if it were the other way round but can't see how you would have more fans for a League 1 game against pish opposition than you would for a cup game against opposition that you probably haven't played in a while. (I assume)

Cup games aren't included in the season ticket

We played Killie in the Challenge Cup in October. And the Scottish Cup in 2020. And the League Cup in 2018.

Edited by Mick1867

Crowd was 1,119 (despite seemingly getting reported everywhere at over 10 thousand)

1191290105_ScreenShot2021-12-07at10_57_25.thumb.png.bbe6de7ef03986b2a21b46ee67f1813d.png

Based on this there was at least 600 Falkirk fans there 

Not that that really matters. Without Sheerinball we'd be bringing at last double that. His punting should get the #navybluepound flowing again  

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

Cup games aren't included in the season ticket

We played Killie in the Challenge Cup in October. And the Scottish Cup in 2020. And the League Cup in 2018.

That shouldn't make a difference though as league games are and should be reported as such. 

1 hour ago, sick boy said:

Are you actually suggesting that wasnt the worst result in our history??

A mere few years ago we were 90mins from the PL when your mob were an amateur outfit, it is a riddy of the highest order.

I think that response fits nicely into the Denial folder. But if you insist on all of history, Falkirk beat QP 6-1 in 1907 so I suppose you've gone back a bit since then. You still have a better stadium though, even with the Ineos Vista.

2 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I think that response fits nicely into the Denial folder. But if you insist on all of history, Falkirk beat QP 6-1 in 1907 so I suppose you've gone back a bit since then. You still have a better stadium though, even with the Ineos Vista.

In Denial about what exactly?

3 hours ago, sick boy said:

Are you actually suggesting that wasnt the worst result in our history??

A mere few years ago we were 90mins from the PL when your mob were an amateur outfit, it is a riddy of the highest order.

it would've been the worst result in your history back then.  You've just been beaten by the same club who are now in the same league and have better players than you.  Surely any loss to a team in a lower league with worse players would be your worst ever result?  Not losing to a better team 6-0?

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

it would've been the worst result in your history back then.  You've just been beaten by the same club who are now in the same league and have better players than you.  Surely any loss to a team in a lower league with worse players would be your worst ever result?  Not losing to a better team 6-0?

Back then? Was 5 years ago max not exactly decades ago.

6 (six)-0? good luck finding that I am afraid from a team in a lower league than this cesspit.

Just now, sick boy said:

Back then? Was 5 years ago max not exactly decades ago.

6 (six)-0? good luck finding that I am afraid from a team in a lower league than this cesspit.

You do realise teams can get promoted and relegated and become better and worse in the space of 5 years?

Just now, TheScarf said:

You do realise teams can get promoted and relegated and become better and worse in the space of 5 years?

Yes but will take a lot longer than that for us to see a 6-0 scudding to Queens Park as not the most embarrassing result in our history I am afraid.

Just now, sick boy said:

Yes but will take a lot longer than that for us to see a 6-0 scudding to Queens Park as not the most embarrassing result in our history I am afraid.

So as an top flight or Championship side, you've never lost to a part time, lower league team?  Which would be a worse result than losing 6-0 away to a better team.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

So as an top flight or Championship side, you've never lost to a part time, lower league team?  Which would be a worse result than losing 6-0 away to a better team.

not 6-0.

If I am being honest the multitude of Falkirk fans who have agreed should show you our feelings on it without question.

Edited by sick boy

Just now, sick boy said:

not 6-0.

You're at it. Falkirk have lost by more than 6 goals away to a better side before.  Saturday was hardly the first time it's happened.

Just now, TheScarf said:

You're at it. Falkirk have lost by more than 6 goals away to a better side before.  Saturday was hardly the first time it's happened.

That is of the size of Queens Park, never I am afraid.

2 minutes ago, sick boy said:

That is of the size of Queens Park, never I am afraid.

The size of the club is irrelevant.  It's the quality and place on the pyramid that is key.  Queen's Park are better than Falkirk and are higher in the pyramid.  

Take Hamilton Accies and Banks O'Dee.  My club are bigger than both.  If Hamilton beat my club 6-0 and Banks O'Dee beat my club 1-0.  The latter is the worse result.  

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The size of the club is irrelevant.  It's the quality and place on the pyramid that is key.  Queen's Park are better than Falkirk and are higher in the pyramid.  

Take Hamilton Accies and Banks O'Dee.  My club are bigger than both.  If Hamilton beat my club 6-0 and Banks O'Dee beat my club 1-0.  The latter is the worse result.  

I see your point but it is simply not as simple as that.

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

If you asked fans of teams in leagues above us if it was more embarassing to lose 1-0 to Falkirk or 6-0 to QP, results would speak for themselves.

1 minute ago, sick boy said:

If you asked fans of teams in leagues above us if it was more embarassing to lose 1-0 to Falkirk or 6-0 to QP, results would speak for themselves.

Better teams that Queens Park wouldn't lose 6-0 to Queens Park.

On 06/12/2021 at 12:31, roman_bairn said:

There were just over 1100 of us. I’d say split about 50:50 although there were only about 150 Bairns fans like myself who stayed to the end.
Couldn’t blame the ones that left tbh…..

Falkirk end with ten minutes left.

346899A5-FB83-4D6B-A7BA-A25304854535.jpeg

Given that this is probably a record defeat for us in tier three (and the worst performance I have ever seen from us over 90 mins), how exactly can you state it’s not the worst result in our history?
Nonsense…..