Q.P. vs Falkirk

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Don’t be stupid. League 2 is on our horizon…..

One step at a time. 

Im not a psychic but I’m predicting a league trophy lift for Falkirk at the end of the 2023/24 season. 

Obviously not the SPL but the Lowland League.

Paul will then sign a new contract presented by Chairman Gary Holt as the club attempts to get back to where they belong - League 1.

2 hours ago, an86 said:

“What a disaster for MacKenzie Lemon. Feigning injury now, I think!” Brutality piled onto misery 😀

Regardless of the hilarity caused by Falkirk's performance, I thoroughly enjoyed the Queen's Park commentary. The two guys were quite clearly enjoying themselves - albeit in some level of disbelief. It's a great feeling as a fan. Something we can all relate to.

The added brutality of the co-commentator really added to it. His wee noises when the goals went in reminded me of watching a Scotland game on TV with my dad :lol:

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Regardless of the hilarity caused by Falkirk's performance, I thoroughly enjoyed the Queen's Park commentary. The two guys were quite clearly enjoying themselves - albeit in some level of disbelief. It's a great feeling as a fan. Something we can all relate to.

The added brutality of the co-commentator really added to it. His wee noises when the goals went in reminded me of watching a Scotland game on TV with my dad :lol:

That's Auld Beardie on the wooarghs and wuuurghs. Keeps him off the streets I suppose. Went along yesterday not expecting anything really so I'm still in shock. Praise to Laurie for slotting Jake Davidson in at right back - good move. Great to see big Charlie Fox back where he belongs as well. For the first time in ages we looked like a proper full time team, full of energy, running and aggression all over the park. Only downside is that we won't meet another team in the league as inept as Falkirk were yesterday and I include Falkirk in that for surely they'll have gone through a load of changes by the time we play them again. Easy to point at the flaws of Falkirk for providing some of the goals but good to see our guys pressing and harrying and being there to pick up on their mistakes. Hopefully the knocks picked up by Luca Connell and Stuart Morrison aren't too serious as we need them for the much tougher fixtures coming up.

26 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Cheers for the comments - it was total disbelief and most enjoyable! 😃 

That third goal, right, fair enough, it's a badly underhit back pass and these things happen but every Falkirk player in shot pauses for about second looking round to see which other Falkirk player is actually gonna bother trying to chase it down before bothering their arse doing it themselves. 

You really can't coach that level of indifference. That's naw even something Sheerin could have brought to the club. That needs be deeply ingrained over years. Wonderful

No, don’t agree. Nothing to do with arrogance. QP are a decent team in League One but certainly no better than a lower half Championship team.
How many times in our recent history have we lost 6-0 going on ten, in the third tier of Scottish football?
Yesterday was the worst Falkirk performance I have ever seen and I’m 58……

Worse than getting done 6-1 at Brockville off of the famous bully wee?

Praise to Laurie for slotting Jake Davidson in at right back - good move. Great to see big Charlie Fox back where he belongs as well. For the first time in ages we looked like a proper full time team, full of energy, running and aggression all over the park. Only downside is that we won't meet another team in the league as inept as Falkirk were yesterday and I include Falkirk in that for surely they'll have gone through a load of changes by the time we play them again. Easy to point at the flaws of Falkirk for providing some of the goals but good to see our guys pressing and harrying and being there to pick up on their mistakes. Hopefully the knocks picked up by Luca Connell and Stuart Morrison aren't too serious as we need them for the much tougher fixtures coming up.
Don't think many of us would have picked that starting X1 so fair play to the head coach [emoji106]
although most of us would have had Fox back in the team weeks ago [emoji849]
A lot more energy all over the park and plenty of MoM candidates
Early goal made a massive difference and gave our midfield playmakers space that they've not enjoyed against other opponents who've been content to sit with men behind the ball at Firhill
Thought Connor Smith probably had his best game for us and much maligned Jack Thomson came in and did all that was asked of him
Thought Bob McHugh was great again what a transformation although I bet he wishes he could play against Hall & Lemon every week!

Hiya Queen’s Park fans, have a few questions. Is Luca Connell the same boy that played for an English team (Bolton?) a few years back? And No. 10 who I believe is Liam Brown, is the boy that was bought for a fee from Edin City? I remember him against us in close season, boy was outstanding.

11 minutes ago, Frankly, Mr Shankly said:

Hiya Queen’s Park fans, have a few questions. Is Luca Connell the same boy that played for an English team (Bolton?) a few years back? And No. 10 who I believe is Liam Brown, is the boy that was bought for a fee from Edin City? I remember him against us in close season, boy was outstanding.

Aye that’s them. Liam Brown is an outstanding footballer, very lucky we’ve got him tied on a 3 year deal as I’d imagine a number of big teams will already have him shortlisted for the future. There’s not a doubt in my mind that he’ll be playing in the spl within a few years, especially if he can add goals to his game. 

Edited by qpfc

13 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Aye that’s them. Liam Brown is an outstanding footballer, very lucky we’ve got him tied on a 3 year deal as I’d imagine a number of big teams will already have him shortlisted for the future. There’s not a doubt in my mind that he’ll be playing in the spl within a few years, especially if he can add goals to his game. 

Such a good attack you have, and that’s without Simon Murray getting minutes?

16 minutes ago, Frankly, Mr Shankly said:

Such a good attack you have, and that’s without Simon Murray getting minutes?

We’ve certainly got the ingredients to be a deadly attack for this level, unfortunately the consistency hasn’t been good enough. That’s why Cove are top of the pile because players like Megginson and Mcallister have made careers of being consistent and reliable frontmen. 

I’d be lying if I said Simon Murray has had anywhere near the impact I hoped from him this season. He had a tremendous first month winning league 1 player of the month but he’s been absolutely miles off it since then. I’ll always admire the way he tries to play each game, which is always 100% but I think the continuation of missing several clear goalscoring opportunities each game has really dented his confidence. 

The big one for me which will help us for the rest of the season is Jai Quitongo returning from injury. An absolute flying machine down the wing and we’ve missed him greatly this season. Buzzing to see him back on the pitch very soon