Q.P. vs Falkirk

2 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

so do you have to live in the town a team plays in to support them?do you live in grangemouth?

just watched the highlights and to be fair to the mighty bairns the 5th goal should never have stood

AE41A534-5F0F-46C8-92EB-5669A7632D50.png

No you don’t. It was really just a bit of a teasing comment rather anything that needed too much analysis.

However, the bus loads of Rangers and Celtic fans leaving various Scottish towns including Falkirk is a bit soul destroying which you may or may not agree.

18 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Wouldn't it be nice if one, just one, Falkirk fan could find it in him to say " well done Queen's, you completely outplayed us and fully deserved your victory"? Come on, try.

No fan worth his salt would do that would they? If you got beat 6-0 off Rangers or Celtic would you be full of praise for the opposition? I’m guessing not as that would probably be an expected result. So why would arguably one of the worst results in our history be met with making sure we gave out platitudes. I’m sure Queens Park are revelling in their victory and then some.

6 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

No you don’t. It was really just a bit of a teasing comment rather anything that needed too much analysis.

However, the bus loads of Rangers and Celtic fans leaving various Scottish towns including Falkirk is a bit soul destroying which you may or may not agree.

i know it was a bit of fun and so was my reply but just for the record i am from paisley but moved down here for work reasons

fans leaving towns to support the ugly sisters don’t bother me too much,especially when you see the state of them with their paisley/renfrew/falkirk/any town loyal flags usually makes me think thank god they don’t support my team 

5 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

No fan worth his salt would do that would they? If you got beat 6-0 off Rangers or Celtic would you be full of praise for the opposition? I’m guessing not as that would probably be an expected result. So why would arguably one of the worst results in our history be met with making sure we gave out platitudes. I’m sure Queens Park are revelling in their victory and then some.

To be fair, your stadium with just 3 sides is way better than our building site. But your comment that “arguably one of the worst results in our history” does kinda whiff of that arrogance mentioned earlier, or perhaps just denial. Falkirk we’re beaten by Queen’s Park. Both teams in the same league, with full time squads and we had home advantage and started the game sitting higher in the league.

It’s just 3 points. 

To be fair, your stadium with just 3 sides is way better than our building site. But your comment that “arguably one of the worst results in our history” does kinda whiff of that arrogance mentioned earlier, or perhaps just denial. Falkirk we’re beaten by Queen’s Park. Both teams in the same league, with full time squads and we had home advantage and started the game sitting higher in the league.
It’s just 3 points. 

No, don’t agree. Nothing to do with arrogance. QP are a decent team in League One but certainly no better than a lower half Championship team.
How many times in our recent history have we lost 6-0 going on ten, in the third tier of Scottish football?
Yesterday was the worst Falkirk performance I have ever seen and I’m 58……

2 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

It’s just 3 points. 

I don’t agree. I doubt any Falkirk fans were surprised we lost yesterday but losing 6-0 to Queens Park and not regarding that as not one of the worst results in our history would be very concerning. I mean, as someone mentioned earlier, I don’t think we’ve lost that heavily to a team outwith Rangers or Celtic since the 70s. Lots of “history” there.

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Don’t be stupid. League 2 is on our horizon…..

I’m going to put it out there and say I doubt we’ll end up in League 2. We seem to have enough to take care of poor sides like Clyde or Dumbarton who really are part-timers.  However, against anyone with a bit about them….

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

No denying that Queen’s Park were excellent and put our rabble to the sword convincingly yesterday. Their supporters can be pleased with the result and performance.

There’s also no denying that it was one of, if not the, worst result/performance in Falkirk’s history.

Both of those things can be true. It’s not arrogance.