Q.P. vs Falkirk

10 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Hard to believe that there are no posts for this 'important' game. Recent form ? Every picture.....

This is the game of the weekend for me.

Very intrigued to see how it pans out. Queen's Park have been blighted with losing points from winning positions as of late.

The "on paper" easier run is over and now entering a very tough run of fixtures, can they step up and get results or will they drop a few places in December. Got quality in midfield and if LE can pick his best side they could get a run together. 5 points in the next 3 would be decent return imo.

Quitongo and Baynham could be done with a swift return. Need a win for morale.

The Falkirk I saw on the opening day of the season I thought would be higher than where they are now. My feeling is, the consensus among many L1 teams, is they are underperforming and could still turn it around. Morrison back clearly gives them an edge and should add points to the tally.

Sheerin is completely out of his depth and needs emptied in order for the above to materialize. I watch all his post match interviews and as well as saying the wrong things, he nervously has twitches and ear pulls/scratches whenever the inevitable question is asked about how do they improve next week. 

I'll boringly sit on the fence and call a draw. Big 3 points for both though.

Would it be too far to suggest that whoever loses on Saturday, the respective manager might get the sack ? A defeat here surely puts the final nail in the coffin for either Ellis or Sheerin 

Edited by qpfc

40 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Would it be too far to suggest that whoever loses on Saturday, the respective manager might get the sack ? A defeat here surely puts the nail in the coffin for either Ellis or Sheerin 

You seem a bit obsessed with people getting sacked. It’s not healthy. After this week’s “thrilling” news I’m more convinced than ever that Ellis is a pawn to set-up a big name coming in around the fourth set of fixtures. Whether he’s part of the cunning plan or not, time will tell but I reckon you’ll have your wish later rather than sooner.

In better news, Calum Ferrie had a good day last week albeit mostly what you’d expect a decent goalie to do but still doing it. His save from Joke Davidson reminded me of Ronnie Simpson. Expect him to start this week.

But the big story of course is what heinous crime has Charlie Fox committed? Drug dealer? Child stealer? Voted for Brexit? With the skipper in the stand and no obvious replacement surely we need a pacy, strong defender who also provides a goal threat at dead balls.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

45 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

You seem a bit obsessed with people getting sacked. It’s not healthy

Being utterly hoaching at winning or even seeing out games of football with a full time set up since August is not healthy. There’s legitimate reasoning to question his job security as manager. I want him to succeed like any manager involved at the club but there’s no genuine sign of improvement so you’re gonna need to deal with myself and other fans questioning his capabilities for the time being unfortunately 

Edited by qpfc

Goodness guys, what's the problem ?

According to the coach in his pre-match interview this coming Friday he'll say:-

"The boys were bitterly disappointed with last Saturday's result at Peterhead, but we went in on Monday and looked at what went wrong. The boys have been working hard all week and are really looking forward to the game. "

Seems to me it's a skoosh case then.

But in case you're doubting him, here's the coach's post- match interview to put your mind at rest.

"The boys are bitterly disappointed, Falkirk are a good team with very good players. But we'll go in on Monday and look at what went wrong, we will work hard all week and get ourselves ready for the game next week."

Like I said guys, what's the problem ?

Does he not inspire you either ?

6 hours ago, qpfc said:

Would it be too far to suggest that whoever loses on Saturday, the respective manager might get the sack ? A defeat here surely puts the final nail in the coffin for either Ellis or Sheerin 

Nope. Our Chairman steps down on Monday along with (currently) three other Board members thUs leaving our PR person and Gordon Wright as the surviving debris of the current car crash of a Board. Good guys coming in, but they can only do so much in a short time frame, and just about everything they look at will in all probability be a complete mess.

Dumping Sheerin might well be a hot topic, but there would need to be work done on a replacement plan. They could of course, hand the reins to Holt, but given his stats last season were worse than M&M, then that is unlikely to happen. Maybe someone like Alan McGonigal coming into replace Gary Holt would be a better option. Who knows. The only thing for sure is that recovery from where the current Chairman has taken the club isn’t going to be an easy fix.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Nope. Our Chairman steps down on Monday along with (currently) three other Board members thUs leaving our PR person and Gordon Wright as the surviving debris of the current car crash of a Board. Good guys coming in, but they can only do so much in a short time frame, and just about everything they look at will in all probability be a complete mess.

Dumping Sheerin might well be a hot topic, but there would need to be work done on a replacement plan. They could of course, hand the reins to Holt, but given his stats last season were worse than M&M, then that is unlikely to happen. Maybe someone like Alan McGonigal coming into replace Gary Holt would be a better option. Who knows. The only thing for sure is that recovery from where the current Chairman has taken the club isn’t going to be an easy fix.

It is to be hoped (expected?)that the new guys coming in have already been quietly working on their plans to get us back on track to being a properly functioning football club.

8 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It is to be hoped (expected?)that the new guys coming in have already been quietly working on their plans to get us back on track to being a properly functioning football club.

That's of course if the outgoing mob are willing to give them the whole picture on what's been happening before they take the reins. I expect it will be more of a here's the keys see you later from deans mob with a forwarding address that isn't real and a mobile number which comes back as this number has not been recognised.

12 hours ago, QP's in my DNA said:

Goodness guys, what's the problem ?

According to the coach in his pre-match interview this coming Friday he'll say:-

"The boys were bitterly disappointed with last Saturday's result at Peterhead, but we went in on Monday and looked at what went wrong. The boys have been working hard all week and are really looking forward to the game. "

Seems to me it's a skoosh case then.

But in case you're doubting him, here's the coach's post- match interview to put your mind at rest.

"The boys are bitterly disappointed, Falkirk are a good team with very good players. But we'll go in on Monday and look at what went wrong, we will work hard all week and get ourselves ready for the game next week."

Like I said guys, what's the problem ?

Does he not inspire you either ?

Funnily enough that's exactly the same interview speel that sheerin comes out with every week.

QP are struggling but they will get an early scrappy goal here, and gain confidence from that (whilst ours evaporates completely). This will enable them to go on and win 3-0 easily.

Absolute carnage will ensue in the away end, and PS will get mutualled.

I would be happy with a draw. With suspensions and injuries we will field on paper a much weakened team. Kilday to right back, Fox in centre back, and Davidson to defensive midfield. Up front is anybody's guess. Is Murray injured or just not fancying the cold weather? Will McHugh get any support and a bit of luck? How many times will we hit the woodwork. Can Willie Muir play up front? Like I say, will be happy with a draw.

12 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

I would be happy with a draw. With suspensions and injuries we will field on paper a much weakened team. Kilday to right back, Fox in centre back, and Davidson to defensive midfield. Up front is anybody's guess. Is Murray injured or just not fancying the cold weather? Will McHugh get any support and a bit of luck? How many times will we hit the woodwork. Can Willie Muir play up front? Like I say, will be happy with a draw.

Without suspensions and injuries we field a much weakened team every week thanks to Gary Holt and Paul Sheerin so you should be fine.